Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Best Markets to destroy for Annoyance and angry rants?

Hellow everybody,
    WoW is played by millions of different people, who have different ways of having fun. Some like levelling, others like Raiding, Battlegrounds, Arenas, Pet Battles, or Mount Collecting.

I am no exception to this and like most of the above, but there were also other times where fun ensued:

It was hilarious to read angry Rants of complaining competitors whose Gold incomes suddenly plummeted as a side effect from one of my activities.. I was mesmerised by streams of mails and whispers of (former) AH-Barons trying to persuade me to to put higher Prize Tags, and attempted to reset prices via mass-buyout which was as desperate as it was futile.

And it's not even like I was selling less than Mats cost or anything, I just made a handful of Gold profit per Item (which amounts to some thousand Gold per Hour) as opposed to the other Sellers who expect to do some clicks and make hundreds of Golds per each Item.

So yeah, do any of you MMO Champions have Ideas which Items, Item Types, and//or Markets to crash in order to generate Internet Tears, to have AH People feeding me with their Anger?
    Last edited by Fincher; 2014-05-30 at 10:25 PM. Reason: removed some wall of text

That is well weird.

Epic!
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    so you fuck up the game for folks that take great pleasure from that part of the game. I see you no differently than the folks that act like jerks in instances/raids.

I wish you were on my server and did that, i'd buy out every single item and send you a thank you mail for making me a ton of gold.

Not sure what you want to achieve with this thread...

Make Linen Cloth cost 9999999 gold...... ????...... fun?

One of the main reasons I play this game is to make gold via the AH and trade, call me weird but it brings me joy as I am no longer part of a raiding guild. Doing stuff like what the OP said he did to the auction house really doesn't 'annoy' people or ruin any market, it simply lines the pockets of the people who buy your under priced items and then the market will return to normal in a short time. So if that brings you joy by all means do it, maybe even do it on US - Illidan so I can make some gold off of it. :-)

If you truly want to annoy people or destroy an entire market you are going to have to possess A LOT of gold, other than that you are simply just disrupting the market for a certain item for a short period of time and then it regulates. I guess what is fun for one person may be deemed 'stupid' to another, to each his own I say.

mess up the gem market, people usually rage hard on that. even got angry whispers from people for undercutting them
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Hellow everybody,
    WoW is played by millions of different people, who have different ways of having fun. Some like levelling, others like Raiding, Battlegrounds, Arenas, Pet Battles, or Mount Collecting.

I myself am no exception to this and like most of the above, but there were also other times where I had tons of fun. Some of my most pleasureable Experiences came when I flooded the Auction House with cheap goods, because I had Excess Cloth stacks after Tailoring Levelling or wanted to get rid of Shoulder Enchants Stacks that were amassed as a side product of making Gold via Vendorin Soulbound ShoiulderEnchants.
    To me, it was hilarious to read angry Rants of complaining competitors whose Gold incomes suddenly plummeted. I was mesmerised by streams of mails and Chat queries of them trying to persuade me to to put higher Prize Tags, and desperate wannabe-AHBarons who saw me putting hundreds of cheap Items on the AH yet again after they bought out thousands before in an attempt to raise prizes.

And it's not even like I was selling less than Mats cost or anything, I just made a handful of Gold profit per Item (which amounts to some thousand Gold per Hour) as opposed to the other Sellers who expect to do some clicks and make hundreds of Golds per each Item.

So yeah, do any of you MMO Champions have Ideas which Items, Item Types, and//or Markets to crash in order to generate Internet Tears, to have AH People feeding me with their Anger?
    I'm not quite sure that what you tried accomplishing actually happened, whether that is because you were just mistaken, or you are just making things up now.

I play on a server with a pretty small player base and a very light AH economy. Yet I still have no problems buying and selling very large amounts of items that people post at much lower prices than they are worth. In order to flood the AH with enough goods to actually bring the price down, or annoy those like myself that buy low and sell high you would have to post hundreds of stacks of an item at that price and then continue doing it for a time span of several weeks since the initial large dump could be all purchased at once and resold over time.

You say that you accomplish this by selling extra items left over from leveling professions and what not. That doesn't really make any sense though. You wouldn't, or shouldn't have more than maybe a couple extra stacks of any given type of cloth, and even if you for some reason bought 30 times more mats than you needed to level you just wouldn't have had the space to keep it. On top of it all you are claiming to have done it with not just one particular item, but several.

The only way I could see someone accomplishing this is if they chose a particular item, then spent an ungodly sick amount of time farming that item and building up huge reserves in alt banks, purchased guild banks, etc., all for the purpose of maybe annoying a couple other people. Or I guess you could acquire it from purchasing said items at the normal prices and reselling it low.

It just didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ciggy View Post
    so you fuck up the game for folks that take great pleasure from that part of the game. I see you no differently than the folks that act like jerks in instances/raids.

I wish you were on my server and did that, i'd buy out every single item and send you a thank you mail for making me a ton of gold.
    If say, a handful of scribes oligopolizes the Glyph/SHoulder Enchants Market, creating them for maybe 14g and selling each for multiple Hundreds of Gold per Item, and I come selling these for 16g per Item instead, then maybe I take away some pleasure for said Scribes but for almost ALL PLAYERS ON THE SERVER who buy Glyphs and Shoulder Enchants, the Game will actually become more pleasureable.

That goes for a majority of other Stuff, like Weapon Enchants Mats cost 2,2k to craft and are beign sold for up to 2,8k <<<Gratz you made one click on an Enchant, and one other click on an Enchanting Vellum. Sure that is vaulable Work worth hundreds of golds, or Engineering Items which cost 120g to craft being sold for up to 580g.

My Question was which markets/Professions have the biggest potential of enraging AH-people when I sell Items close to their crafting Materials costs?

Quote Originally Posted by Squeezus View Post
    You say that you accomplish this by selling extra items left over from leveling professions and what not. That doesn't really make any sense though. You wouldn't, or shouldn't have more than maybe a couple extra stacks ... On top of it all you (...) have done it with not just one particular item, but several.

It just didn't happen.
    In example one, with Cloth, I just had a few extra Stacks indeed, and put them cheap on AH. In example 2, I did the Vendor trick of buying Herbs for 27g per stack and vendoring BoP Enchants for 32,5g. As a side Effect, I also was left behind with thousands of BoE Enchants that I sold very cheap on AH, unlike my competitors who sold them for hundreds of Gold each even though they were basically free. I cherish these two Events because they induced lots of angry rants via chat and mail from my competitors, and it made me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeezus View Post
    In order to flood the AH with enough goods to actually bring the price down, or annoy those like myself that buy low and sell high you would have to...
    I'm capable of doing anything I would have to do since I possess nigh-infinite Gold. My question is on which Items/professions/Brackets of the Auction house should I do that?
    Last edited by Fincher; 2013-06-20 at 07:12 PM.

If you put if it up so cheap why don't they just buy them and relist them at their own price?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Epic!
    That's not going to enrage anyone, that's going to make someone alot of gold. I can't see you doing it enough to keep up with anyone that is doing it long term. Perhaps you push a few light weight folks out, but you aren't going to do it on a steady basis.

If anything you are helping the folks you think you are pissing off. I own a couple markets, and I spend my time crafting, and gathering (via the ah) and speaking for others that do the same, I can't see having time to whisper, or mail anyone in game just because they "annoyed" me. I would be more apt to thank someone for pushing out the folks that didn't have time/effort to do it long term. You'd help me make stacks and stacks of gold. I'd probably send you a thank you mail if anything.

You aren't making the dent you think you are, if you are even speaking truth.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 07:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    If you put if it up so cheap why don't they just buy them and relist them at their own price?
    they do, i'm sure.

So the point of this thread is "I'm a douche and proud of it and want everyone to know"? Ok, just checking.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Epic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    So the point of this thread is "I'm a douche and proud of it and want everyone to know"? Ok, just checking.
    I don't think he's really a douche, he's trying to say he's helping more than he's hurting. He's sure coming across as one. as well as a liar as another guy has pointed out.

This is bound to go places...

Really, though, people will just buy out what you list, then over time relist it for substantial profit. I've had to do that to some fruitcakes on my server with some goods, which were being sold below the costs of the mats used to make them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    I'm capable of doing anything I would have to do since I possess nigh-infinite Gold. My question is on which Items/professions/Brackets of the Auction house should I do that?
    Nigh-infinite gold.

Elaborate.

If you possess infinite gold fincher its odd how you show a lack of understanding of the ah.

To answer other peoples questions, then ofc you cna buy him out, but what he does is destroy a market so he makes it hard to make any profit. Ot is much easier to damage a market so that it takes many months to recover if you have the resources. You make the crafting side of an item worthless and then people dont make a profit plus they may buy you out.

Example

Brilliant ruby 200g- people will buy at this price.

Fincher ruby 60-70g

Raw ruby 50g

If you are shuffling and want to undercut then you may only have 10-20g profit to play with. You can ofc buy him out but if he has a good stock then you are paying him a small fee every time. He gets off on destroying your market and you make less money. He seems to like doing it, so you either have to compete or go away. Nothing illegal in it. On a big server he would find it hard to do for a considerable length of time. One of the things about being able to compete would be the cost of raw materials and laying your hands on enough to keep the markets supressed. A small server you could manage it I think.

how is this troll thread not locked yet
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Nigh-infinite gold.

Elaborate.
    Buys gold from chinese. If he earned it himself he wouldn't be asking such dumb questions

why is this still open? mod close this. nothing constructive can come from this.

such a sad life you have, let us hear more please

Well you're doing it wrong. I assume you are selling things at mat-cost which on the first place required reputation/daily grind to obtain? That in itself makes selling them at mat-cost unreasonable. People spent months trying to get those items. If you want to be an 'ass' you need to really plummet the prices, way below mats cost. Not that I condone such weird behavior.

Reminds me of a Scribe back when Inscriptions was first introduced. I guess he was already filthy rich and he started buying the Books to learn glyphs for 1.5/2k gold each. Back then that was a lot of gold. He'd sell each learned glyph for also 2k-3k depending on demand. He was the first on the server to learn all glyphs and others just lurked in his shadow. He was such an avid undercutter, always appearing first in the list of auctions. No one wanted to piss him off by undercutting too much, cuz we spent thousands on Books. When he was pissed he'd undercut down to 5-10g, and would continue to do so if we bought out his shit. Months passed and he transferred servers. Glyphs went down to 200g-300g per. Every couple of months he'd log his lowbie auctioneer and just destroy every glyph market by listen 10s of them for 5g.
    I worry there's three of me, and each of us is blind.

I always love reading the tradechat outrage on Proudmoore when someone pulls this.

The idiots will bark and whine about it, while the smart people quietly buy it all up and repost it higher. Guess which group is more fun to read?