1. #1

    What is with guards and PvP?

    So, I was on my level 52 shaman and I saw a 49 druid. I looked at and thought Id kill em. Nope. Immediately one shot by level 90guards. This is on a non PvP realm Alextraza. I see a level 90 one shot low levels in that same area on Arthas all the time and guards never so much as say hello. So, is guards spawning restricted only to PvP on PvE realms like Alextrasa? If so, why in the world would they be level 90 guards?

  2. #2
    Pit Lord Sinndra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,262
    lol.. because a lvl 90 guard is needed to handle other lvl 90's. sounds like you got a crash course in boundaries. i suggest you look around you and learn your surroundings more before thinking of ganking somebody.

    there are also a few conditions why a guard would spawn. not just are you on a pvp server or not, but are you inside a sanctuary? are you at or near a popular quest hub? these things are in place to protect against griefers. you might not have been trying to harrass anybody on purpose, but thats not to say the next person wont try to.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2013-07-05 at 05:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    lol.. because a lvl 90 guard is needed to handle other lvl 90's. sounds like you got a crash course in boundaries. i suggest you look around you and learn your surroundings more before thinking of ganking somebody.
    Because level 90guards are needed to kill a level 52shaman who hit a level 49 druid? Like I said, on my PvE realm just now, this happened. On my PvP realm, I see level 90's killing all the time and guards never come. The place is Marshals stand in un'goro. So no, wasn't "ganking". Was PvP between people who are 3 levels apart.

  4. #4
    Pit Lord Sinndra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Because level 90guards are needed to kill a level 52shaman who hit a level 49 druid? Like I said, on my PvE realm just now, this happened. On my PvP realm, I see level 90's killing all the time and guards never come. The place is Marshals stand in un'goro. So no, wasn't "ganking". Was PvP between people who are 3 levels apart.
    just because you are 52 doesnt mean that lvl 90's cant try the same thing. it doesnt spawn lvl appropriate guards.. it spawns max lvl ones just incase you are 90.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    just because you are 52 doesnt mean that lvl 90's cant try the same thing. it doesnt spawn lvl appropriate guards.. it spawns max lvl ones just incase you are 90.
    Do they only spawn on a PvE realm? On my PvP realm they never spawn.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Do they only spawn on a PvE realm? On my PvP realm they never spawn.
    Yeah. They changed how guard spawning works on PvP and PvE realms. On PvP realms, if the guards even spawn, come in a weakened form while their PvE counterparts come out beefed up and guns blazing.

  7. #7
    Pit Lord Sinndra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Do they only spawn on a PvE realm? On my PvP realm they never spawn.
    yep i just recently moved to a pve realm from a pvp one.. and its my understanding that there are many many more places that guards will spawn to help deter pvp action. like people say.. if you want pvp action, go to a pvp server. leave the pve'rs alone
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

  8. #8
    The Lightbringer foxHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Inside Jabu-jabu's Belly
    Posts
    3,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    lol.. because a lvl 90 guard is needed to handle other lvl 90's. sounds like you got a crash course in boundaries. i suggest you look around you and learn your surroundings more before thinking of ganking somebody.
    A level 52 going for a level 49. What complete scum! /mad
    Look! Words!

  9. #9
    Pit Lord Sinndra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,262
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    A level 52 going for a level 49. What complete scum! /mad
    thats a bit more respectable then a lvl 90 picking on a 49.. but its still weak. wish people would try something challenging, like a player ABOVE their level. but /shrug.. what can ya do?
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

  10. #10
    The Patient Krixooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Barthilas
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    So, I was on my level 52 shaman and I saw a 49 druid. I looked at and thought Id kill em. Nope. Immediately one shot by level 90guards. This is on a non PvP realm Alextraza. I see a level 90 one shot low levels in that same area on Arthas all the time and guards never so much as say hello. So, is guards spawning restricted only to PvP on PvE realms like Alextrasa? If so, why in the world would they be level 90 guards?
    In Cata Blizz changed the guard spawn system so that ALL guards that spawn are at max level.
    It was an idiotic decision; you basically can't go anywhere near enemy settlements anymore (as a lowbie) because a bullet will come from nowhere through several walls and kill you instantly.
    It's a huge deterrent for any kind of low level PvP, and I'm sure many new players are left bewildered and angry.

    @Sinndra, thankyou for transferring to a PvE realm
    If you aren't interested in PvP please don't come into threads and preach your anti-wpvp rubbish

  11. #11
    Bloodsail Admiral Avada Kedavra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    MN - USA
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    lol.. because a lvl 90 guard is needed to handle other lvl 90's. sounds like you got a crash course in boundaries. i suggest you look around you and learn your surroundings more before thinking of ganking somebody.

    there are also a few conditions why a guard would spawn. not just are you on a pvp server or not, but are you inside a sanctuary? are you at or near a popular quest hub? these things are in place to protect against griefers. you might not have been trying to harrass anybody on purpose, but thats not to say the next person wont try to.
    /sigh

    I wish people would actually educate themselves of what "ganking" means. Killing someone that is around your level in WPvP is not ganking....its WPvP.

    Ganking is becoming one of those works that hold little meaning because of ppl throwing it out inappropriately/unjustifiably.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

  12. #12
    Banned Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    1,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    /sigh

    I wish people would actually educate themselves of what "ganking" means. Killing someone that is around your level in WPvP is not ganking....its WPvP.

    Ganking is becoming one of those works that hold little meaning because of ppl throwing it out inappropriately/unjustifiably.
    Even a level 90 killing a lowbie once isn't ganking. That's just something I like to call a "Drive By."

    Ganking is when you prowl around a popular questing area such a Kurzen's and wait for unsuspecting prey to come by. When they arrive, you just kill them over and over again until you get bored.

  13. #13
    I can understand the point of the guards, to prevent griefers and the such.
    But I agree with you OP 90 guards are a bit overboard.
    If possible I'd like Blizzard to implement a scaling system for guards. A level 27 trying to ransack Tarren Mill? Sure thing send out the 27 guards.

  14. #14
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,599
    Probably better to send out guards that are at least 5 levels higher. Else twinks would just one shot the guards... 90 guards does not make sense for low levels on PvE or PvP server. Don't say PvE server shouldn't have that kind of PvP because you can turn it off...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •