Possible Druid exploit on blade's edge.

I was doing arena yesterday on my rogue with my mate who is a disc. We came up against a resto druid/WW monk team which had given us trouble a little earlier on ruins of Lordaeron. However on blade's edge the druid was doing something that surely seemed like an exploit.

It appeared as tho he was wild charging to his mushrooms on the pillar and could do so again with 5-10 seconds of just doing it. It first happened when we pulled the ww LoS of the druid and the druid jumped off the pillar to heal. I swapped to the druid and he quickly wild charged up to a mushroom whilst I pretty much instantly followed with a shadow step. After a couple of seconds the druid jumped back down and I followed only to have the druid wild charge back up again.'

If anyone had any insight as to whether this is intended or if something else was causing the druid to do this it would be greatly appreciated.

This is working as intended, it's not an exploit. It has a 15 second cooldown though.

You got outplayed hard, seems like you have L2P issue.
    Next time control druid and go for monk/rogue.

he can wild charge them every 15 seconds, working as intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

It's just that it seems kind of silly for them to have what is essentially a lock portal on top of their already great mobility/cc ( I understand them being able to jump to an ally, but surely jumping up a pillar to a mushroom isn't intended). edit- It's probably less of an issue in three's tho seeing as it was probably designed with that bracket in mind.
    Last edited by Sheltx; 2013-07-08 at 03:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    he can wild charge them every 15 seconds, working as intended.
    The druid can wild charge his partner aswell, so don't get fooled again.

Another option is to kill the mushrooms. While the druid is down below, he cannot place mushrooms up the bridge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    The druid can wild charge his partner aswell, so don't get fooled again.

Another option is to kill the mushrooms. While the druid is down below, he cannot place mushrooms up the bridge.
    Shrooms turn invisible after casting, and are unable to be AoEd down. So not an option actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheltx View Post
    It's just that it seems kind of silly for them to have what is essentially a lock portal on top of their already great mobility/cc ( I understand them being able to jump to an ally, but surely jumping up a pillar to a mushroom isn't intended). edit- It's probably less of an issue in three's tho seeing as it was probably designed with that bracket in mind.
    They give up displacer, which is a huge cd and mobility cd for it. Its been this way since the new talents came out before mop, it is intended. Its like how rogues can shadowstep friendly pets statues ect and warriors can charge banners. You can just kill shrooms before jumping down, keep an eye out when he places new ones. alternatively it might be better to set up a big cc chain on him and go on the dps

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Shrooms turn invisible after casting, and are unable to be AoEd down. So not an option actually.
    if you walk within like 4 yards of them you can see them, and its pretty obvious where they will be if hes flying to them every 15 seconds. You kill it and just watch and you will always know where they are from then on out... Not even close to not being an option ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Deleted
    It's funny that people hit the forums with this BS before they google it.

Quote Originally Posted by biggischkris View Post
    It's funny that people hit the forums with this BS before they google it.
    Yeah, how dare he seek public forums for the sake of clearing up a misconception :/

Deleted
    Showing exploit on mmo will get you banned most likely

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebi View Post
    Showing exploit on mmo will get you banned most likely
    dont think a 3 post account really cares if they get banned

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Yeah, how dare he seek public forums for the sake of clearing up a misconception :/
    It's not the fact he's asking a question, it's how he assumes it's an exploit because he doesn't understand or know about it.

I saw it another time where someone thought a hunter was cheating since he went into camo, stood still to stealth, then this guy was gob smacked when the hunter was 40yrds away attacking him.
    Instead of looking it up, he just assumed the hunter had hacked some how.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorn View Post
    dont think a 3 post account really cares if they get banned
    It's also not an exploit :P

The spell you're confused about is this: Wild Charge. Mushrooms count as allies and go into stealth shortly after being placed. They also store overhealing from Rejuvs so a Druid can potentially leap to a shroom and top himself in 1 global. It's definitely worth killing the Shrooms as soon as you see the Druid places them.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkem View Post
    It's not the fact he's asking a question, it's how he assumes it's an exploit because he doesn't understand or know about it.

I saw it another time where someone thought a hunter was cheating since he went into camo, stood still to stealth, then this guy was gob smacked when the hunter was 40yrds away attacking him.
    Instead of looking it up, he just assumed the hunter had hacked some how.
    He could have assumed it was leprechauns and it wouldn't matter. He sought out to clear up his misconceptions. He wasn't calling for bans or anything along those lines, he saw something that seemed very strange he thought it could be a "possible" exploit and posted the thread under that premise

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    It's definitely worth killing the Shrooms as soon as you see the Druid places them.
    Restos can have three active shrooms at once and can place them with no cooldown. I seriously doubt killing them is a serious option.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Restos can have three active shrooms at once and can place them with no cooldown. I seriously doubt killing them is a serious option.
    Druid has to spend a global to place a mushroom, it takes a weapon swing to kill a shroom (which your healer can do - or you between spells). Also, if a Druid jumps down, hit the shroom on the way off the edge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    You obviously missed my point.
    If somethng is unclear after asking <The Google> then yes ofc he can ask for more info on the forums.
    My problem is making bold statements on public forums without knowing anythng about the subject.
    ---> I have no idea what wild charge does but hey lets make a thread saying that some druid was exploiting it instead of doing a 2 sec google.