Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why would Sylvanas help the rebels depose Garrosh?

I think Sylvanas and the Forsaken would fare better NOT having the spotlight on them after Garrosh is dealt with. I mean, with everyone focused on Garrosh, the Forsaken have been able to do whatever the f... they wanted. She is the lesser of two evils (arguable), and after Garrosh is gone, she will be the only evil left and will come under close scrutiny by virtually everyone.

Or maybe she just wants corpses.
    Eredar lord of the trifling Gnome.

Sylvanas isn't the most trustworthy person out there. She needed to at least show up.

With the Kor'kron not reporting to the Horde as a whole (Meaning, not to the Rebellion), the Rebellion probably has no idea what is going on in the Undercity. Those Kor'kron probably have been recalled, or more likely Sylvanas had them all killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thermaplugg yer butt View Post
    I think Sylvanas and the Forsaken would fare better NOT having the spotlight on them after Garrosh is dealt with. I mean, with everyone focused on Garrosh, the Forsaken have been able to do whatever the f... they wanted. She is the lesser of two evils (arguable), and after Garrosh is gone, she will be the only evil left and will come under close scrutiny by virtually everyone.

Or maybe she just wants corpses.
    She has it in for Garrosh, she seems quite vengeful and will most likely want to be there

I also like to imagine as Garrosh lays there dying she leans over and wispers *whos the bitch now*
    That would make the entire expansion for me.

If she doesn't help the rebels, either they win and the Forsaken are treated with suspicion and disapproval for being the only ones who weren't there, or they lose and the Forsaken will become Garrosh's new focus.

She has to show up to at least pretend like she cares. She might not like anyone but the Horde is a means to an end.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    She has to show up to at least pretend like she cares. She might not like anyone but the Horde is a means to an end.
    The Horde is family. Sylvanas just the misunderstood goth sister.

...who probably would have no problem murdering her family to further her goals.

Or raise her family into undeath so she could directly control them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    ...who probably would have no problem murdering her family to further her goals.

Or raise her family into undeath so she could directly control them.

Maybe if they'd play pretend tea party with her once in a while she wouldn't feel the need to raise the dead as stand-ins.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    With the Kor'kron not reporting to the Horde as a whole (Meaning, not to the Rebellion), the Rebellion probably has no idea what is going on in the Undercity. Those Kor'kron probably have been recalled, or more likely Sylvanas had them all killed.
    Good. I was hoping we could get them out of Undercity soon...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The Horde is family. Sylvanas just the misunderstood goth sister.
    The Horde is many things
    Wrathion says: Is it an instrument of vengeance, hellbent to carve out a future for its people?
    Garrosh roars.
    Wrathion says: Is it a refuge for those who need shelter, a commonwealth of the downtrodden, built for mutual support?
    Thrall appears to the side of Garrosh, summoning lightning.
    Wrathion says: Or is it an alliance of convenience, a confederacy of unlikely partners free to pursue their own agendas?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

There was so much potential in her not showing up.

Just imagine Vol'jin's and Lor'themar's reaction when she sends a missive stating that she isn't showing. Her 'contribution' will be dealing with the Kor'Kron in Undercity. I mean, she could have EASILY played off the "I received zero support when in my protest against Theramore, so I stand at the ready to lend the exact same support".

She could have also argued that since Silvermoon had sent it's ships, had she gone and sent hers, Northern Lordaeron would've been vastly under-defended. She could have argued she would stay behind to 'guard' Horde territory.

Meanwhile, she begins to stir up her own shit as she loves too so much. It would've been the perfect opportunity as the entire globe has their eyes set on Durotar (except the Argents and Ebon Blade, who would be her only contenders should a fight arose)

Silver pine quest chain. That will explain why. She hates Garrosh. He sent Kor'kron all over her city to keep an eye on her and what she does. Of course she would delight in the chance to help strike him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Silver pine quest chain. That will explain why. She hates Garrosh. He sent Kor'kron all over her city to keep an eye on her and what she does. Of course she would delight in the chance to help strike him down.
    Thrall did that, not Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really, the up and down of it is that she's more pissed at Garrosh than she is indifferent to the needs of the rebellion, and by joining in she gets them off her back after the dust settles, provided she plays ball for a while.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Thrall did that, not Garrosh.
    Well, Garrosh did hold Undercity ransom to get the Forsaken to invade Gilneas.

Ahh Sylvanas, you insane cunt <3.

Her incentive to help take down Garrosh is for revenge, for looking down on her and throwing insults her way. Any males that have crossed her since becoming the Banshee Queen has been dealt with, either directly or indirectly. Garrosh is no different, just part of the latest batch. Bad enough that she doesn't trust anyone, but to insult her is just signing your death warrant.

Only one to "control" Sylvanas is Thrall, at least there's mutual respect there that keeps her in line.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Horde helps keep her safe.

Deleted
    Garrosh has her on a tight leash; him beating the combined opposition would leave her alone, without allies. Garrosh hates everything she is and stands for... on his quest for Orcish dominance, she would eventually be dealt with by his armies.

Throwing her lot in with the rebels is the only way to increase her chances of survival. She can't afford to risk them losing because she chose to turtle in Lordaeron.

It removes a key threat to her autonomy(Garrosh)and buys her some goodwill back from the others. The Orcs and Tauren and Goblins can at least see her as a problem largely on another continent and the Blood Elves a useful shield between them and the Alliance. And with Horde leadership rocky and unstable, the Wrathgate incident looms less and less in the face of someone whose forces have been almost untouched by all this conflict. With the deaths caused by the fighting in Pandaria and back in Kalimdor, the Horde's going to need support. The Pandaren are by and large not going to make up for it. In the words of Grand Apothecary Putress, 'Now all can see...this is the hour of the Forsaken.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh is a threat to the Forsaken. What other reason would she need? She knows the value of her other alliances.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."