Deleted

Throne of Thunder Elemental Gear

Is it just me, or is Gear really poorly designed for us Elemental Shammy's this tier? For example, No Haste+Mastery Neck, No Haste + Gem Socket Ring etc. I know we can reforge Spirit to Haste/Mastery, but still, at some point you will just have too much Hit, Even with reforging all away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Is it just me, or is Gear really poorly designed for us Elemental Shammy's this tier? For example, No Haste+Mastery Neck, No Haste + Gem Socket Ring etc. I know we can reforge Spirit to Haste/Mastery, but still, at some point you will just have too much Hit, Even with reforging all away.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=95018
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=95019
    Though, you are right. Way too much spirit/hit, especially with Wushulay.

Deleted
    Ra-Den.. Most people won't even see him this tier. (Like me)

I am both resto and elemental (although I only share 2 items now) at 525ilvl and I think the stat weights from gear is fine . Maybe you're just really unlucky with drops

It is mildly annoying having so much hit/spirit on gear, but better to have this problem than the opposite, which would crack me up were it to happen with SoO gear where there's no spirit/hit and people are all freaking out and crying.

Honestly, I believe the main culprit across the board is the dps trinkets that feature hit/expertise as the main stat on them (Wushoolay's for us obviously, but then there's the Feather off Ji'kun, and the agi trinket off Jin'rokh) that end up putting folks a mile and a half over their caps. But dem trinket procs though...om nom nom.

Thing is, it's way way way easier to reforge into hit/expertise than out of it. For example, on my BM/WW monk, 530 staff from Horridon + 530 SP trinket = over hit cap. Doesn't help that I'm Draenei as well. That leaves me pretty much zero room for any other hit on my gear, and good luck with that.

Look at it this way: you only need 5100 rating to get hit/expertise capped. You can reforge 40% of secondary stats into that hit/expertise. Not including gems, that means you'd only need a total of 12750 in other secondary stats (haste+crit+mastery) on your gear to reach your caps, if you had no hit or expertise AT ALL on any gear. It's a guess, but I'm pretty sure I had those kind of stats at around ilvl 480.

But it's really only a problem for now - you can bet your bottom dollar that 5.4 gear onwards won't be swimming in hit or expertise like we are right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Helm = Clear-Minded (Haste / Mastery)
    Shoulders = Tier (Haste / Crit)
    Cloak = Deadly Glare or Legendary (neither cloak has hit on it)
    Bracers = Loa-Ridden (Double Haste, Double Mastery, or Haste / Mastery)
    Gloves = Tier (Mastery / Crit)
    Belt = Longdraw Chain (Mastery / Haste)
    Pants = Tier (Haste / Crit)
    Ring1 = Ro'shaks (Mastery / Crit)
    Ring2 = Either of Ra-dens rings. Both have sockets and haste.
    Weapon = Athame (Mastery / Haste)
    Off-Hand = Lei-Shens Orb (Haste / Crit)
    2H Weapon = Off Consorts (Haste / Mastery)

I wouldnt say the gear is designed horribly at all. In nearly every single slot, you can get a non-hit/spirit item while still maintaining your 4pc. Infact i would say this tier is one of the best itemized tiers in a long time. You may be getting unlucky with certain drops, or not getting far enough in the dungeon, but the items are definitely there.

Even with a Heroic TF Wooshleys, i may have to reforge or gem into hit to make the cap (if Ra-den will drop me his belt, or i manage to pick up a Lei Shen offhand).

Quote Originally Posted by Angrysteel View Post
    Helm = Clear-Minded (Haste / Mastery)
    Shoulders = Tier (Haste / Crit)
    Cloak = Deadly Glare or Legendary (neither cloak has hit on it)
    Bracers = Loa-Ridden (Double Haste, Double Mastery, or Haste / Mastery)
    Gloves = Tier (Mastery / Crit)
    Belt = Longdraw Chain (Mastery / Haste)
    Pants = Tier (Haste / Crit)
    Ring1 = Ro'shaks (Mastery / Crit)
    Ring2 = Either of Ra-dens rings. Both have sockets and haste.
    Weapon = Athame (Mastery / Haste)
    Off-Hand = Lei-Shens Orb (Haste / Crit)
    2H Weapon = Off Consorts (Haste / Mastery)

I wouldnt say the gear is designed horribly at all. In nearly every single slot, you can get a non-hit/spirit item while still maintaining your 4pc. Infact i would say this tier is one of the best itemized tiers in a long time. You may be getting unlucky with certain drops, or not getting far enough in the dungeon, but the items are definitely there.

Even with a Heroic TF Wooshleys, i may have to reforge or gem into hit to make the cap (if Ra-den will drop me his belt, or i manage to pick up a Lei Shen offhand).
    I think you are missing the point. it isnt about there being one setup without much spirit, its about having very little alternatives if that specific piece doesnt drop, especially big pieces like helm or weapon.

Like for example sure, there is athame and suen wo. but there are are 5 other onehanded weapons with spirit and 2 other two twohanders without spirit (atleast there is alternative in invocation of dawn, which is pretty bad without socket and with crit, but better than nothing) and athame has only one nonspirit option as offhand out of 5. rings same story, one nonhit ring out of 6 and dont even get me started on necks, all of them with spirit/hit. atleat tier slots are somewhat fairly covered with nonspirit pieces on either tier or offpiece, but the offpiece largerly depends on which one you get TF anyway.

But having bad luck and not having primordius helmet and nonhit weapon together with woosholay pretty much guarantees you very little choice of gearing, as those three pieces together make like what, 4k of hitrating alone? Good luck reforging all that spirit out of everything and praying its enough.

Deleted
    Haste and mastery are so close, only thing that sucks is spirit/crit or hit/crit gear and you can just try and avoid that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    I think you are missing the point. it isnt about there being one setup without much spirit, its about having very little alternatives if that specific piece doesnt drop, especially big pieces like helm or weapon.
    The point is, there are several options for gearing, not "one setup without much spirit". The only time hit ever becomes an issue is when you obtain a Wooshlays trinket, and then it becomes an issue for every caster and isnt exclusively an elemental shaman gearing problem. So ya, if you pick up a trinket with a massive amount of hit on it, then you will need to get the gear with no spirit / hit on it to compensate ... common sense.

This still isnt an issue because blizzard has put so many non hit / spirit pieces into ToT shamans can easily offset the massive hit gain from Wooshlays. Again, with a heroic TF Wooshlays, my hit is perfectly fine and i am still missing several of the "no hit / spirit" items available.

Elemental gear is itemized just fine, i dont see any issues.
    Last edited by Angrysteel; 2013-07-08 at 10:44 PM.

The problem is that most of the offset gear sans Ra-den is loaded with spirit. While waiting for your 2p and 4p you may have had offset gear that put you very far over the hit cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrysteel View Post
    The point is, there are several options for gearing, not "one setup without much spirit". The only time hit ever becomes an issue is when you obtain a Wooshlays trinket, and then it becomes an issue for every caster and isnt exclusively an elemental shaman gearing problem. So ya, if you pick up a trinket with a massive amount of hit on it, then you will need to get the gear with no spirit / hit on it to compensate ... common sense.

This still isnt an issue because blizzard has put so many non hit / spirit pieces into ToT shamans can easily offset the massive hit gain from Wooshlays. Again, with a heroic TF Wooshlays, my hit is perfectly fine and i am still missing several of the "no hit / spirit" items available.

Elemental gear is itemized just fine, i dont see any issues.
    Your hit is just fine because you got lucky with drops? I never saw wrists from council, ring from qon and havent gotten tier legs, meaning im stuck with tier helm for the time being. and we are not on raden yet, so no chance for belt, Im even lucky to not have spirit weapon, yet woosholay puts me massively over hitcap, heck, all it would take would be horridon weapon for me to get over cap like mad. And I still wear several normal pieces, like boots and wrists...

So again, you might not have this problem with your specific drops, but all those unlucky people, who are happy to see specific drops once per tier definitely DO run into hitcap issues, even without woosholay. There is too much spirit/hit gear compared to nonhit gear, rings, necks and weapons are the prime culprits, along with the genius idea behind trinkets with massive hit/exp as passives on them.

Deleted
    Just for the sake of it, which Tier piece shouldn't we take and still keep our 4 piece? Head?

that's a constantly changing equation, but if you sim yourself and load stat weights into Mr Robot you can click the "BIS" button it should spit out a rough idea. Right now the primordius helm shows as BIS for me

Deleted
    Either primordius helm or ra-den chest. Primordius helm should win "in a vaccuum" vs anything pre ra-den because of socket bonus and itemization alone I think.