Jin'rokh - How to optimize my dps

I have one issue, by which I argue with my fellow hunter I had two months break, so I guess he's right, but I want to be sure
    It's easy fight, so the only entertainment are numbers. My question is: when should I use my all CDs? At pull with prepot, trinkets and gem. And in void zone use what left after readiness, BL and pot. Or wait with all of them them untill void zone appears?

We don't have any issues with this boss, I just want to show my superiority in theorycrafting over my fellow hunter
    However, in case I was wrong please delete this topic

Edit
    It's about 10M Heroic. I can't edit topic title.
    Last edited by dzidek; 2013-07-08 at 07:06 AM.

How I do it:

Kill time > 5:20 = Cooldowns on pull.
    Kill time < 5:20 = Cooldowns on first pool.

Last week kill time 2:58

Deleted
    Since you'll only use your biggest CDs once during the fight, the pool is by far the best. Yes, RPPM procs will probably pop instantly, but it's a damage increase of 40% + the haste from BL you get will increase the RPPM proc rate, so there's still a chance you'll get the procs again during the pool.

There's no contest really, no math needed since the 40% damage increase is so big.
    As Jeremypwnz says, if the fight would take longer than 5 mins so you get a second use of your CDs, try to calculate if you can use the CDs in the first pool and still use them a second time during the end of the fight. Not enough time? Use them on the pull instead so you get to use them twice.

Edit: Remember, your CDs effectively have a 40% greater effect during the pool, which will make up for the possible loss of RPPM procs.

Kill time is under 3min so I can only use them once. So do you think is better to wait till first void zone?

Deleted
    I don't only think so, I know so. Even if your trinkets proc perfectly on the pull and you have no trinket procs during the pool, it's still a dps gain.

Blah, so I was wrong ;] DELETE THIS TOPIC!

Could lose a lot of dps time in the pool if you get a few orbs on you though.

Also is this true? Isn't BL not actually haste?
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    the haste from BL you get will increase the RPPM proc rate,

Only pop BW + Prepot at pull then hold everything until First Pool. Use Focus Fire while moving into the pool and when your Pot + BW come back up pop everything as you would usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    Also is this true? Isn't BL not actually haste?
    Increases Melee, Ranged and Spell Haste by 30% for 40 seconds.

Bloodlust, Rapid Fire and Focus Fire all effect RPPM.

Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    Blah, so I was wrong ;] DELETE THIS TOPIC!
    No need to delete the topic - it's a valid question that others will benefit from knowing.

Knowledge is a precious thing. It should never be destroyed.

Step 1: Pray to the RNG gods for trinket procs on pool phases.
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Profit!

I usually just try to force trinket procs in the pools by switching my trinkets to opposite slots right before the pool. I pop rapid fire on the pull and then blow everything else in the pool with lust.

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    Step 1: Pray to the RNG gods for trinket procs on pool phases.
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Profit!
    This is so true. I've seen some crazy uptimes on trinkets for this fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildozer View Post
    I usually just try to force trinket procs in the pools by switching my trinkets to opposite slots right before the pool. I pop rapid fire on the pull and then blow everything else in the pool with lust.
    I don't think this would be the best. You are losing out on a lot of possible procs if you do this and thus reducing the uptime greatly.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

I just use on pull because most of the time I'm watching a livestream on a 2nd monitor and can't be bothered to focus that much for Jin'rokh. But I do save my 2nd Rapid Fire for the first pool though. Our last kill was 3:33, but it was a messy one(5 died during first storm lol).

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of different ideas in this thread.

I do prepot + rapid fire + bw at pull, then readiness and a new set of rapid fire + bw in first pool. After that I pretty much use BW on cooldown, and occasionally I manage to get another rapid fire in just at the end if the kill is slow. Doubt it's optimal really, but then again I dunno if there really is an optimal way to do this particular fight that will always yield the best results.

Personally I would use your cooldowns the moment both of your trinkets proc regardless of whether you are in the pool or not. My guild uses lust on the first pool so really what other cooldown worth it's salt is a hunter going to use in the pool that lust doesn't already take care of.

Another thing I noticed is that I am going from around 80k attack power to 140k attack power when my trinket both proc and possibly even scope proc. This is more of a bonus than the 40% damage buff from the pool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    This is so true. I've seen some crazy uptimes on trinkets for this fight.

I don't think this would be the best. You are losing out on a lot of possible procs if you do this and thus reducing the uptime greatly.
    not really. if a trinket has 1 RPPM (hunter trinkets have between 0.5 and 1 before haste), it'll trigger on average once per minute, with a bias for the start of the minute since you've had some downtime before the boss usually. if the fight lasts between X:40 and X+1:00 minutes, you won't lose any theoretical uptime, but your first trinket will trigger in the pool, making it that much more powerful.

the worst case scenario for a trinket flip is a X:20 minute fight, which means you'll lose 1 trinket proc. if X is 3, you'll lose 1/4 of your trinket procs. if X is 2, you lose 1/3. if X is 5, you lose 1/5. however, your first trinket proc will be 30% stronger from BL, and another 40% from pool. that's 82% stronger, since they're multiplicative. if your other procs align with pools, they get also a 40% buff, if not, they're base. so your worst case, you have .82+X, where X is the minutes of your kill. for 3 minutes and 3 procs, that's 3.82/3 (because you need average for 3), is 1.27% avergage trinket value (which is worth another 27% uptime), or less than the trinket you lost.

if you do get lucky and your other trinekt procs also align with pool, that's 1.82+((X-1)*1.40) = 4.62, or 1.54 average.

This is just my napkin math about it. I probably made a mistake in here somewhere. If I did, feel free to point it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    not really. if a trinket has 1 RPPM (hunter trinkets have between 0.5 and 1 before haste), it'll trigger on average once per minute, with a bias for the start of the minute since you've had some downtime before the boss usually. if the fight lasts between X:40 and X+1:00 minutes, you won't lose any theoretical uptime, but your first trinket will trigger in the pool, making it that much more powerful.

the worst case scenario for a trinket flip is a X:20 minute fight, which means you'll lose 1 trinket proc. if X is 3, you'll lose 1/4 of your trinket procs. if X is 2, you lose 1/3. if X is 5, you lose 1/5. however, your first trinket proc will be 30% stronger from BL, and another 40% from pool. that's 82% stronger, since they're multiplicative. if your other procs align with pools, they get also a 40% buff, if not, they're base. so your worst case, you have .82+X, where X is the minutes of your kill. for 3 minutes and 3 procs, that's 3.82/3 (because you need average for 3), is 1.27% avergage trinket value (which is worth another 27% uptime), or less than the trinket you lost.

if you do get lucky and your other trinekt procs also align with pool, that's 1.82+((X-1)*1.40) = 4.62, or 1.54 average.

This is just my napkin math about it. I probably made a mistake in here somewhere. If I did, feel free to point it out.
    RNG = RNG, it averages out to 1 proc per 1 minute maybe, but you can get 3 procs in a row and then be dry for 3 min, meaning you can get 1 proc on pull, then not get another Renataki proc until first Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    not really. if a trinket has 1 RPPM (hunter trinkets have between 0.5 and 1 before haste), it'll trigger on average once per minute
    It could proc 10 times in a row and have 100% uptime in a fight then not proc for 10 minutes you do realize? RPPM ruined this expansion. If it worked like you seem to think it does then we would still be using ICD trinkets (which honestly we still should be).