Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think it was smart how blizzard crafting the MoP storyline to include the celestials as patrons of the roles in the game and then USE them for what was ultimately a very "for everyone" legendary anyway. Smart move overall. I don't think they'll do it again though. For what it was, it was a good job.

mmmm i really liked the whole wrathion storyline throughout the expansion :P and cloak is just a nice reward i guess

wouldve been nice if they added another legendary weapon questline (like shadowmourne/dragonwrath) along with it in 5.4
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=soulstrikes in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

I like the fact that it is a cloak so that every class and spec can use it. It was quite annoying to hear all the whiners complaining about how their class was not the one to get a legendary in past expansions.

<3 Kuragalolz for the signature and avatar

I remember guilds falling apart over Legendaries back in BC, I remember a certain server where a rogue won the bow and that was the topic of the server's trade chat for MONTHS.

Legendaries have always had that affect in the past, people saying they were "no big deal" are very wrong or did not play around that time.
    Last edited by Tempeste; 2013-07-09 at 06:56 AM.

I still haven't collected the sigils from the intro raids, and good riddance lol, cloaks hahaha - so glad I didn't, otherwise I'd feel like I wasted my time xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    Umm, skinny guys with abs are like a fat girl with big boobs. It don't really count.
    Grievuuz#2550

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    I still haven't collected the sigils from the intro raids, and good riddance lol, cloaks hahaha - so glad I didn't, otherwise I'd feel like I wasted my time xD
    Same. I could see what they were up to the second I read those first Legendary Quest texts.

Quote Originally Posted by Syio View Post
    While I did like the whole premise of going through a long series of quests/ raids to attain the final reward, I do think the whole concept of a Legendary item has been eroded now with everyone getting one. Maybe it would have worked out better as a better-than-raid-lvl epic?

Yes, everyone wants to see content. But 'Legendary' should refer to something prestigious and rare as well as powerful. Before any one even begins to accuse me of being elitist, I've never gotten one Legendary before and am completely fine with not having the item. What I did mind was not being involved in the quests.
    eroded just like seeing an epic drop now days compared to the old days?

there is a major misunderstanding about what "legendary" quality means.
    legendary quality doesnt mean that one out of thousands can get one. legendary quality means that the item will have bigger numbers and maybe more category stats than an epic quality item plus an on-use or chance on hit bonus proc containing substancial benefits to healing /dmg / tanking...

if you think about it, here is a simple example of how misleading the quality names of our items can be:
    which item will take you longer to get? a blue "rare" item from a heroic or a green "uncommon" item that drops in a zone or an instance?

ppl are just too used to be labor force for someone else and be on the farming end of getting a legendary for thier GM/RL rather than themselfs and have a hard time accepting that every1 can get a legendary at 5.4 if you done all you had too since 5.0 (hard for a slave to understand what freedom is after years in captivity)

lots of concepts are changing in the game and for the better...LFR and now legendaries.
    Last edited by john duo; 2013-07-09 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    Heroics aren't hard. The only difference between LFR and Heroics is the bosses are tuned down so teamwork is less of a focus. In Heroics, you need 10/25 people who know how what to do at the right time. Individuals knowing what to do isn't difficulty.
    You know raiding is about team work. If there is NO need to team work ..than we cannot call it raiding. If you will go to HC and play individually you will never ever be able to clear it, even you will do rank 1.st on word of logs. But that means nothing if you dont help somehow to your kill. First thing when patch come out and new LFR appear...everyone in LFR ask for tactic (that are a good ones) another just dont care and want purples. I cant imagine moment when nobody in LFR know tactic...that a group must be stacked on first boss for ages.... Put legendary item drop to LFR was the stupidest idea of Blizzard. But I like the questline style. Whole expansion of working. Really nice. But I hate all my alts will have it. Pff I hope they will add some Gear with Red collor - it will be called Titan items..cross fingers . Because legendary is now in line with purple items. Nothing Special. Thats shame first legendary I will have will be cloack everyone will have I am so disappointed.... I can live with no legendary, but now it is much worst.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    themselfs and have a hard time accepting that every1 can get a legendary at 5.4 if you done all you had too since 5.0
    Actually it is not TRUE. Everyone who plays last patch 5.4 will have it? You know why? Because there is catch up mechanic fro legendary items. I collected first quest on 2 weeks, second quest was downed to 3 weeks (instead of 6). And I am sure there will be catch up for ToT too. So I am guessing you will need less that 2 months to be ready for LFR/Flex/N/HC legendary Q in SOO.

It has a special effect to it, which is kind of nice... but it's still just a piece of fabric, not a doomsday artifact that grinds cities into dust.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

All legendaries are MEH as they are nigh on useless vendor junk/transmog gear with the new expansion, and in most cases the new patch.

The fact that everyone has one makes this more like a vanilla epic than a legendary, they just gave it an orange tooltip.

reading some of these posts, makes me laugh. the amount of ppl not only complaining its a cloak, but theyre not doing the chain quest on their alts because its too long. isnt that the whole point of having mains & ALTS? on a personal note, im quite glad blizz have made it reasonably difficult (depending on drop rate) to complete to get the item, even the solo scenario's are enough of a challenge to make it interesting. i havn't the cloak yet as i still need another 9 titan runestones, but i'm happy to bide my time & wait.

The build up system of the legendary in MoP is an awesome system but the final reward is kinda underwhelming to be honest.

I stopped trying to complete it the second I heard it was a cloak. So disappointing :<

Well, if the catch up mechanism also includes the rep needed with the Black Prince. Too annoying to farm mobs for days and days! Also it's very funny to have to get two PvP wins in a battlegroup where the opposing factions dominates PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnaaucici View Post
    Actually it is not TRUE. Everyone who plays last patch 5.4 will have it? You know why? Because there is catch up mechanic fro legendary items. I collected first quest on 2 weeks, second quest was downed to 3 weeks (instead of 6). And I am sure there will be catch up for ToT too. So I am guessing you will need less that 2 months to be ready for LFR/Flex/N/HC legendary Q in SOO.
    so whats not true? you dont automatically get to the last quest as soon as 5.4 is out, you still need to do everything from the start....

Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    so whats not true? you dont automatically get to the last quest as soon as 5.4 is out, you still need to do everything from the start....
    You say all who plays from 5.0 - This is not true. All will have a cloak. All which put some time to legendary quest line. And I am sure difference between those who started in 5.0 and those start in 5.4 will be 2 months. Depending on Luck ...someone who will be xtremly lucky start Q in 5.4 .. will finishes the Q before that one, which collected Q I from time when 5.0 dinged. It can happen especially if QI will drop randomly like it is now in ToT.

I would be cool if after you got the cloak you'd get a quest chain that would reward a legendary weapon. the quest chain would be "hard mode" so you wouldn't see everyone running around with one.

Isn't someone said on twitter there will be more than Legendary cloak? Weapons, maybe? If not, pfffffft...

I like it, it is something different. WoW community will never be satisfied no matter what Blizzard does... even if it was a Weapon people would still be whining about it somehow!

Quote Originally Posted by Yakshamash View Post
    Isn't someone said on twitter there will be more than Legendary cloak? Weapons, maybe? If not, pfffffft...
    Naw just a cloak however it's still PTR and still subjugated to change ;P