Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    I don't particularly care who has access to the quest or drops. However, quest items that contribute to acquiring a legendary item should be awarded for skilled play / effort and contribution. Having things awarded based largely on RNG is just poor game design and does not support effort/contribution=reward. The fact that I've had incredibly awful luck regarding the recent runestone drops despite being on this part of the quest chain for so long is borderline ridiculous at this point.

This post is the result of not wanting to post something inflammatory and full of f-bombs. No runestones for three weeks followed by a slow trickle of one of none for weeks until they implement a guaranteed one per week, which ultimately just ends up being one per week is making me rage.

Deleted
    I think it's pathetic.

The Skull of Gul'dan was epic, even though it should've been legendary since it's so powerful. But apparently as a trinket it wouldn't be easily visible on the player and thus it was decided to make it an epic item instead.

So what's the deal with cloaks? You can turn them off. Your legendary won't be visible either. Plus, the cloak models look very basic, they don't even seem legendary. Did Blizzard change their mind on legendary items having to be clearly visible at all times?

And the cloaks aren't based on any good lore either. It that sense it does reflect the entire expansion pretty well. It's simply unimaginative.

I am fine (for the moment, at least) with them. It's something to look forward to. The only downside so far has been titan runestones, which were driving me insane. However, I'm a bit afraid how the quest line is going to continue. How rare will the cloaks actually be in the end? Because the quest so far has been available to absolutely everyone, I hope they do so in next patch aswell. Wouldn't care to see any unnecessary drama over a legendary cloak, rather let everyone have them. If everyone has one, it's definately not anything special but it'll propably be fun to use and play around.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I think it's pathetic.

The Skull of Gul'dan was epic, even though it should've been legendary since it's so powerful. But apparently as a trinket it wouldn't be easily visible on the player and thus it was decided to make it an epic item instead.

So what's the deal with cloaks? You can turn them off. Your legendary won't be visible either. Plus, the cloak models look very basic, they don't even seem legendary. Did Blizzard change their mind on legendary items having to be clearly visible at all times?

And the cloaks aren't based on any good lore either. It that sense it does reflect the entire expansion pretty well. It's simply unimaginative.
    The huge crest graphics that frame the back of the head are attached to the procs, not the items. Apparently they'll be visible on druids in forms, so I doubt very much that hiding your cloak slot will hide the graphic as well. And as far as the lore goes, the legendary quest line has been a fairly deep spring of information as to Pandaria's history, it's followed closely and complemented the major story arc of the expansion, and it's resulted in several items infused with the power of demigods and the last black dragon. In short, the single most lore-heavy legendaries in WoW history. Though I suspect that your definitions for "good lore" and "not Pandarian lore" are very closely related.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    You mean like making it to Illidan before you even get the chance for the lucky RNG?
    You're dependant on your raid team for that. It should be a personal achievement.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    I cba with the grinding for it.

Legendaries can't even be used for mogging, so fuck it.

Deleted
    as someone who has raided all content in mop for now and has therefore kept up with it's progress - i'm pretty ok with how it turned out. a cloak makes a change from weapons, why not. it is true that the items aren't very nice looking but the effect kind of makes up for it.

however, lfr should have been kept out of the quest line almost entirely. the last bit was pretty frustrating because i got one quest item per week for several weeks. i'd rather have it made a little more difficult to get it by leaving lfr out of this, but with a significantly higher drop rate to compensate for difficulty, but more importantly, for people being sat on bosses (some people don't kill all bosses in one lockout). i know someone who has been doing all bosses every week and still hadn't finished by last week. that's not how it should work. the only bits i'd be ok with lfr would be the "go to lei shen and loot this" parts which came after the long collecting parts.
    i don't understand lfr being involve anyways because there's no effort involved and honestly, why would someone who only does lfr need a legendary cloak? whoever really wants it should put at least a little effort and time in it and find a normal raid. it's not that hard. who doesn't have time... well i'm sorry but i don't have time for pvp either so i won't ever have a gladiator mount, that's no reason to whine.

as of catching up mechanics, maybe there we could consider adding lfr from the previous tier, or better even, allowing older quest items to drop in the newer instances.