Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    The Lightbringer UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Okay let's say this legendary quest chain takes the most time to complete. But to get glavies during TBC you had to kill many bosses (on normal to hard difficulty, far from LFR) and do attunement quests to even get to Illidan. I think I can safely say that took about a whole expansion long to get there. But ofcourse you will argue everyone got carried and bought them...
    Besides that you had to spend a lot of time to organize a guild, which btw everyone underestimates and takes for granted.

    Those quests were also a lot more fun than MoP's legendary quest chain which requires you to basically do the things you were already going to do anyway and have been doing for months already.
    I like how you decided what my argument would be...

    People did get carried. Hell, I know people that got carried. I never saw anyone buy them though. I'm not saying EVERYONE got carried, obviously.
    Organizing a raid is a lot of work, I've been there. But at most, only 2 people do that. Everyone else just comes along and does their role. You cannot possibly be trying to tell me that everyone in the raid does the organizing.

    Attunements were more an annoyance than anything else by the time you're in BT. Having to go back and run new people through all the time was a hindrance to progression.

    At the end of the day, I'm fine with how they've done legendary this expansion. Sure, cloaks are kinda boring but they did cloaks because of how many people will be getting them. Quite frankly, legendaries are nothing special. Never have been. I play a game to enjoy myself, not place unrealistic importance on a virtual item.

    Rarely updated...

  2. #142
    The Patient Drefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    218
    I'm happy it's a cloak. Why would everyone get a legendary weapon to complete a simple quest line?
    FatSharkYes on Shattered Hand EU 14/14 HC

  3. #143
    Stood in the Fire palamanian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    367
    I think it's Blizzard's own fault that the community feels a Legendary Cloak isn't a "real legendary." Mainly because they have had it be a weapon for so long now, and we all know how this community takes change.

    Personally I don't care if its a helm, cape, ring, or weapon, or if there were no legendary item at all. In 6.0 or 6.1 if we go back to "gather 50 of these, pay 10,000g" and you'll have a legendary weapon, instead of a nice thought out quest chain that lasts an entire expansion, yes that will be much better.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    I like them. A cloak with a baked in Trinket effect is pretty awesome.

    People complaining baffle me, especially the ones who say they'd rather there was no legendary at all.

    And people complaining about there being too many legendaries so its a meaningful concept now, well... Others say the same thing about Epics. I don't care. The cloak will still be reasonably uncommon at first, and people will start to get it in larger numbers. It'll be like any of the Legendaries we have now. Nearly every Rogue had Fangs of the Father in Cata, for example (hyperbole, I know, but they weren't hard to get at all).

    Plus classes capable of having the legendary don't need to be 'balanced' to account for it.
    There will be whole raids wearing it. Maybe at the beginning they will be reasonably uncommon for LFR players but any progression raiding guild will have almost all of it's members wearing it.

    Legendaries shouldn't be uncommon anyway. They should at least be rare. The naming of items in WoW is just weird now because "uncommon" (green) items are in reality very common and "rare" (blue) items are arguably uncommon (no not really, you are wearing almost full blue gear during leveling and "heroics" in MoP deck you out in blue items in one day). Epics are thrown at us for a while also. And now Legendaries are less rare also, but there is only one legendary item so still kinda legendary I guess.
    If you call something uncommon then it should be uncommon.

  5. #145
    That changes. To be honest, I've never had a legendary item before but anyway...
    The animation effect look pretty nice and love their designs but with old races models, It's kinda odd. When I play a pandaren with a cloak, that is drastically better.

    But I would like to remove legendary crafts on LFR and put its to the new Flexible raids.

  6. #146
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hannover
    Posts
    85
    couldnt care less.
    Im a 13/13 raider and if other people get orange items doesnt matter if they are hardcore player or casuals.
    What i dont like is ppl like you in this threat talking down to ppl with lives and bitching about how the cloaks look.
    You always have the option to blend the cloak out.
    And if the legendary would be a weapon you would still cry because casuals get it

    and yes im am ok with the legendary in this expansion. A meta that gives me 6-8% dmg and another proc that looks nice. Hey why complain over free dmg
    And if u dont like your current weapons theres transmog.

  7. #147
    They could have gone a step further and allowed us to get an item that added the 'proc' you desire to whichever cloak you wanted to use. For example, what if you wanted to be able to use a dps cloak with a healing or tanking effect? It would have led to some interesting combinations and gear choices, as opposed to static effects which will inevitably have content designed to compensate for.

    I really wish there was more creativity, I liked the idea that Thunderfury debuffed a target in such a way that it would make certain fights easier. They didn't have to balance every boss fight in the game around the assumption that you had this debuff, but having that item in the raid could mean a meaningful difference.

    I suppose that raid design is now shackled to balancing the heck out of everything around the pve progression race, which is quite stupid because things really shouldn't be balanced around the top 1% of the top 1% downing everything in the first 3 lockouts.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    There is not a flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. -Howard Zinn
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...nger-democracy

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I like how you decided what my argument would be...

    People did get carried. Hell, I know people that got carried. I never saw anyone buy them though. I'm not saying EVERYONE got carried, obviously.
    Organizing a raid is a lot of work, I've been there. But at most, only 2 people do that. Everyone else just comes along and does their role. You cannot possibly be trying to tell me that everyone in the raid does the organizing.

    Attunements were more an annoyance than anything else by the time you're in BT. Having to go back and run new people through all the time was a hindrance to progression.

    At the end of the day, I'm fine with how they've done legendary this expansion. Sure, cloaks are kinda boring but they did cloaks because of how many people will be getting them. Quite frankly, legendaries are nothing special. Never have been. I play a game to enjoy myself, not place unrealistic importance on a virtual item.
    I decided? You didn't remember typing it like half an hour ago?

    You could just say you were wrong earlier instead of beating around the bush.

    I don't see what attunements being a pain for some guilds during TBC has anything to do with this. I only said the quests on their own were more fun than obtaining 6k valor points and all the other crap you had to do.

    Good that you feel superior because you don't value items in a videogame as much as someone else and are enjoying yourself nonetheless and in the meanwhile insult anyone who does enjoy obtaining rare items in a videogame.

  9. #149
    I've been pretty neutral about the whole thing.
    subscribed
    Kibblet Infectionate Serenades Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Taxiporte Restofarian Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Shoctologist Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

  10. #150
    I am Murloc! Descense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    5,123
    Some of us who did the legendary quest since start of expansion fell a bit betrayed.
    I was expection that final legendary reward would be a sha touched weapon upgraded to legendary status and not a **** cloack.
    Something like this:



    Or this:

  11. #151
    They are giving legendaries left and right these days, its kinda lost its meaning a long time ago.
    This 100 times this

  12. #152
    Epic! Nyxxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,700
    I was the 1st to complete the Thunderforge scenario with Wrathion in my guild... there are now at least 6 people in our main team and a few in our 2nd team that have the cloak while I still need 4 runestones.... yaaaaay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    Spoiler: The reason Garrosh is defeated is because, just when he's being attacked, Malchezaar pops out of a portal, yells "yoink!", and takes his weapon away.
    Armory

  13. #153
    yes im okay with it because its an upgrade for my character which is all i care about.

  14. #154
    Scarab Lord Azutael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,731
    It's a little boring that it's a cloak, a rather dull looking one at that. They could at least have tried to make it look like an actual cloak and not a sheet of cloth that is stiff as a board.

    But it's a great item nonetheless. Together with the meta gem and the extra socket for weapons it is more than enough really.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Cédille View Post
    couldnt care less.
    Im a 13/13 raider and if other people get orange items doesnt matter if they are hardcore player or casuals.
    What i dont like is ppl like you in this threat talking down to ppl with lives and bitching about how the cloaks look.
    You always have the option to blend the cloak out.
    And if the legendary would be a weapon you would still cry because casuals get it

    and yes im am ok with the legendary in this expansion. A meta that gives me 6-8% dmg and another proc that looks nice. Hey why complain over free dmg
    And if u dont like your current weapons theres transmog.
    Who are you talking to?

    So not agreeing with you is the same as talking down to people "with lives"?

  16. #156
    The Patient Leefa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lurking outside your window
    Posts
    236
    What legendary? It's not legendary when everyone has it. To me it's just a epic item with a proc.
    However, I'm fine with it being a weapon, a cloak, a trinket or whatever, as long as it feels legendary, which this one doesn't due to being so easily obtainable.
    Tank dies = Maybe healer's fault
    Healer dies = Tank's fault
    DPS dies = Their own bloody fault

  17. #157
    The Lightbringer UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Good that you feel superior because you don't value items in a videogame as much as someone else and are enjoying yourself nonetheless and in the meanwhile insult anyone who does enjoy obtaining rare items in a videogame.
    Superior? Because I don't place importance on game items? Give me a break. In no way does that make me feel or assume I'm superior to anyone that does. Or insult them. But hey, if you want to try use that as a means to insult me, so be it.

    I'm not saying I was wrong because I wasn't. Simple really. The point of saying attunements were a pain is because they ended up not being fun at all. They were when you first did them but after the 11th time, it's just another obstacle.

    I agree there is nothing special about collecting 6k valor points though. I never denied that.

    Rarely updated...

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Leefa View Post
    What legendary? It's not legendary when everyone has it. To me it's just a epic item with a proc.
    However, I'm fine with it being a weapon, a cloak, a trinket or whatever, as long as it feels legendary, which this one doesn't due to being so easily obtainable.
    it is a legendary because its orange. if many people got lucky back in BC and had glaives would you say that they were not legendary also?

  19. #159
    I'm fine with it, I just dislike the RNG road to get it.

    Can't complain though, it's much better than waiting for a quest item drop which has 2% chance while competing with others (Thunderfury) or just waiting for a Legendary Weapon to drop as a whole, while competing with 6 or more people (Warglaives).

  20. #160
    High Overlord daerellin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Haven't left the egg
    Posts
    169
    I guess I just don't understand what all the fuss is about. Partake in an expansion-spanning questline, obtain cool items. If they had followed the same formula as in the past, the vast majority of you would never even see the item(s) until the next expansion, if at all. Regardless of your feelings on the "difficulty" of LFR, people put time and effort into these quests, and were rewarded for it. We've never been in a position to dictate reward acquisition before; why get up in arms about it now? The cloaks and the gem are cool, the procs are interesting and, for some, game-changing. Have fun with them. If you take issue with the fact that many people have access to the items, well... Based on some recent blue tweets, you may want to steel yourself, because the era of the singular super-raider getting legendary items may be over.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •