Page 1 of 18
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Are you okay with the legendary this expansion?

A cloak? hahah anyway share of how you think of the legendary this expansion which is well a fucking cloak which I find underwhelming personally kinda ackwerd as hell too since they broke the trend of the weapon thing unless you count the talisman of the binding shard w/e

It would've been OK if cloaks didn't look like SHIT in WoW. Not talking about the "effect". When will we get Lich King/Rexxar/Sylvanas cloaks? Or preferably even better than those?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    It would've been OK if cloaks didn't look like SHIT in WoW. Not talking about the "effect". When will we get Lich King/Rexxar/Sylvanas cloaks? Or preferably even better than those?
    I'm guessing new player models can bring those. And yeah these legendaries are super meh.
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Couldn't care less, better than some random .2% drop item that one guild can have 5 of while another has 0 with an equal number of kills.

Besides, better than a legendary necklace or something...

The cloaks were a disappointment and kinda made me relieved that I didn't go through the legendary quest line full hearted otherwise I would have been much more annoyed to go through all of that quest line and in the end receive an item which most of the time isn't even enabled on my characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not okay with that, i don't even show cloacks on my chars. Worst legendary ever imo (because it's not a weapon).

Better than no legendary at all like in the past 2 expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why it's underwhelming. It's a legendary. There's no rule saying that it always has to be a weapon, that was getting boring anyway. And the cloak is a very visual piece of our gear, so it's an understandable choice, since we want legendaries to look legendary.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    I don't get why it's underwhelming. It's a legendary. There's no rule saying that it always has to be a weapon, that was getting boring anyway. And the cloak is a very visual piece of our gear, so it's an understandable choice, since we want legendaries to look legendary.
    Visual =/ you can't even transmog it so it's not going to match to how you want it to look like lol that's what pisses me off as well haha granted you can turn off the cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    Better than no legendary at all like in the past 2 expansions.
    Uhm...there was 2 legendaries in Cataclysm and there was 2 in Wrath of the Lich King...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Visual =/ you can't even transmog it so it's not going to match to how you want it to look like lol that's what pisses me off as well haha granted you can turn off the cloak.
    Yeah, you can turn off the cloak and they've talked about possibly adding transmog functions to legendaries.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    A cloak? hahah anyway share of how you think of the legendary this expansion which is well a fucking cloak which I find underwhelming personally kinda ackwerd as hell too since they broke the trend of the weapon thing unless you count the talisman of the binding shard w/e
    For someone that quit the game you sure do care a lot about what happens in it. Move on already, lol.

Anyways, I'm sold on it now it has those animations, would of wished for an extra "fun" proc though, like on-use transforms you into a Black Dragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    nuff said, people wanted a body item for a while. The term legendary has changed. it is the replacement for class quests, it's a expantion long progression.. now I think sigil collecting was lame. especially the 20 and 12. but it can be improved on... to be like the warlock green fire quest... a very challenging boss fight solod
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Uhm...there was 2 legendaries in Cataclysm and there was 2 in Wrath of the Lich King...
    And as a Hunter I could not use them. So no, no legendary for me in the past 2 expansions.

Absolutely lackluster and uninteresting. Worst then all, the effort required to get it throughout a whole expansion, people who return mid expansion or like to play on alts are completely shut off with the monthly endurance required... it's just painful.

Anyway, i dislike what they did this expansion. I dislike it very much.

Deleted
    Getting the cloak requires dedication through the entire expansion,
    yet if you casually do RF once a week you will get the cloak at the same speed as everybody else.
    The big setbacks were the 6000 valor and the raid collectables,

it takes about 2-4 hours to cap valor+ do raid finder.

so a legendary for 2-4 hours work a week, i dont like it much.

A legendary which casuals can get that easy is not to my liking

I like legendaries because they are a symbol of personal dedication, and a nice performance boost. Not to mention the involved lore/quests

I will have stuck with this legendary chain the entire xpac, and it's going to boost my dps. Plus some neato lore moments.

And it's going to have a cool visual proc.

I like it. I'd probably like a badass-looking weapon more, or a trinket with a really crazy/unique proc and a cool visual proc ... maybe a legendary helm with an awesome visual proc (and of course a good performance proc)

But I like the capes. Base models are kinda weak, but whateva.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    They are giving legendaries left and right these days, its kinda lost its meaning a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Absolutely lackluster and uninteresting. Worst then all, the effort required to get it throughout a whole expansion, people who return mid expansion or like to play on alts are completely shut off with the monthly endurance required... it's just painful.

Anyway, i dislike what they did this expansion. I dislike it very much.
    I would hate it if people that haven't worked for it can get it in a few weeks. It's already easier now to get than before, no need to make it even more accessible to slackers.

I would have preferred no legendary at all, as they tend to create drama and not add much to the game. However, if it was a choice between old style legendaries and the one we currently have in MoP, I prefer the newer one. There's less drama and whether most people approve of it or not, at least there is some personal character development every week to look forward to, although not quite in the right way.

So, yes.

Edit: I do feel like they missed a huge opportunity to redesign capes here, though. Something akin to Lich King's cape, or Sylvanas' cape. Instead we get the typical cardboard rectangles again.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data