Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They could have gone a step further and allowed us to get an item that added the 'proc' you desire to whichever cloak you wanted to use. For example, what if you wanted to be able to use a dps cloak with a healing or tanking effect? It would have led to some interesting combinations and gear choices, as opposed to static effects which will inevitably have content designed to compensate for.

I really wish there was more creativity, I liked the idea that Thunderfury debuffed a target in such a way that it would make certain fights easier. They didn't have to balance every boss fight in the game around the assumption that you had this debuff, but having that item in the raid could mean a meaningful difference.

I suppose that raid design is now shackled to balancing the heck out of everything around the pve progression race, which is quite stupid because things really shouldn't be balanced around the top 1% of the top 1% downing everything in the first 3 lockouts.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I like how you decided what my argument would be...

People did get carried. Hell, I know people that got carried. I never saw anyone buy them though. I'm not saying EVERYONE got carried, obviously.
    Organizing a raid is a lot of work, I've been there. But at most, only 2 people do that. Everyone else just comes along and does their role. You cannot possibly be trying to tell me that everyone in the raid does the organizing.

Attunements were more an annoyance than anything else by the time you're in BT. Having to go back and run new people through all the time was a hindrance to progression.

At the end of the day, I'm fine with how they've done legendary this expansion. Sure, cloaks are kinda boring but they did cloaks because of how many people will be getting them. Quite frankly, legendaries are nothing special. Never have been. I play a game to enjoy myself, not place unrealistic importance on a virtual item.
    I decided? You didn't remember typing it like half an hour ago?

You could just say you were wrong earlier instead of beating around the bush.

I don't see what attunements being a pain for some guilds during TBC has anything to do with this. I only said the quests on their own were more fun than obtaining 6k valor points and all the other crap you had to do.

Good that you feel superior because you don't value items in a videogame as much as someone else and are enjoying yourself nonetheless and in the meanwhile insult anyone who does enjoy obtaining rare items in a videogame.

I've been pretty neutral about the whole thing.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of us who did the legendary quest since start of expansion fell a bit betrayed.
    I was expection that final legendary reward would be a sha touched weapon upgraded to legendary status and not a **** cloack.
    Something like this:

Or this:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

They are giving legendaries left and right these days, its kinda lost its meaning a long time ago.
    This 100 times this

Deleted
    I was the 1st to complete the Thunderforge scenario with Wrathion in my guild... there are now at least 6 people in our main team and a few in our 2nd team that have the cloak while I still need 4 runestones.... yaaaaay.

Deleted
    yes im okay with it because its an upgrade for my character which is all i care about.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a little boring that it's a cloak, a rather dull looking one at that. They could at least have tried to make it look like an actual cloak and not a sheet of cloth that is stiff as a board.

But it's a great item nonetheless. Together with the meta gem and the extra socket for weapons it is more than enough really.

Quote Originally Posted by Cédille View Post
    couldnt care less.
    Im a 13/13 raider and if other people get orange items doesnt matter if they are hardcore player or casuals.
    What i dont like is ppl like you in this threat talking down to ppl with lives and bitching about how the cloaks look.
    You always have the option to blend the cloak out.
    And if the legendary would be a weapon you would still cry because casuals get it

and yes im am ok with the legendary in this expansion. A meta that gives me 6-8% dmg and another proc that looks nice. Hey why complain over free dmg
    And if u dont like your current weapons theres transmog.
    Who are you talking to?

So not agreeing with you is the same as talking down to people "with lives"?

What legendary? It's not legendary when everyone has it. To me it's just a epic item with a proc.
    However, I'm fine with it being a weapon, a cloak, a trinket or whatever, as long as it feels legendary, which this one doesn't due to being so easily obtainable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leefa View Post
    What legendary? It's not legendary when everyone has it. To me it's just a epic item with a proc.
    However, I'm fine with it being a weapon, a cloak, a trinket or whatever, as long as it feels legendary, which this one doesn't due to being so easily obtainable.
    it is a legendary because its orange. if many people got lucky back in BC and had glaives would you say that they were not legendary also?

I'm fine with it, I just dislike the RNG road to get it.

Can't complain though, it's much better than waiting for a quest item drop which has 2% chance while competing with others (Thunderfury) or just waiting for a Legendary Weapon to drop as a whole, while competing with 6 or more people (Warglaives).

I guess I just don't understand what all the fuss is about. Partake in an expansion-spanning questline, obtain cool items. If they had followed the same formula as in the past, the vast majority of you would never even see the item(s) until the next expansion, if at all. Regardless of your feelings on the "difficulty" of LFR, people put time and effort into these quests, and were rewarded for it. We've never been in a position to dictate reward acquisition before; why get up in arms about it now? The cloaks and the gem are cool, the procs are interesting and, for some, game-changing. Have fun with them. If you take issue with the fact that many people have access to the items, well... Based on some recent blue tweets, you may want to steel yourself, because the era of the singular super-raider getting legendary items may be over.

the cloaks look badass, probably one of the best legendary's so far if you see the animations
    the last legendary that i thought looked good enough was twinblades

To be honest Legendaries haven't felt Legendary for a long time anyways. There was basically no challenge involved at all with obtaining the Rogue daggers.

Deleted
    it is in no way legendary
    it is just a fail excuse to give everyone legendaries, it pisses me off.

Not only can i not transmog it, but i cant select which cloak i want then augment it.
    I wanted the int/crit/haste/mastery cloak for healing but from what ive looked at, you can only augment the healer one with healer aug... thats shit.
    Pointless legendary, its a welfare legendary just like people who show off with their thunderfurys they grinded past level 60, pointless grindy crap.

On the other hand, the proc effects looks fairly decent.

oh and p.s im still at 7 (8 after this week) in runestones, i know people who have started it 3-4 weeks after me and have completed it, worst drop rate ever

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this, I finally get a legendary as a tank (though ironically enough it will be the dps version...figures they wouldn't figure out how to make a tanking legendary that is good).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I didn't. Back in the day getting a legendary was a guild affair. You had to prove you deserve getting it first you needed your whole guild to help you. Now you just have to queue for LFR and /follow until you get all rune stones.
    Ill be honest here (yes its my opinion, you like it or leave it) In terms of "PROOF" you had to deserve this... Most of the raids who got Legendries for the past expansions where mainly Guild Leaders who "because it was there guild" HAD THE RIGHT!?!?! yeah sure you got 10/25 players together to complete the raids However unless they kissed arse with a Guild Leader or was a Class Officer they didnt stand a chance at a legendry at all... The ones who got them where the lucky ones ....
    However Blizz gave a chance to gain a legendry (most took the easy way LFR some took the hard way HCs.) But it gave every class / every player / everyone a chance to get a legendry one they could call thier own.
    Without moaning about DKP, Been a Guild Leader, Kissing arse or just ninjaing the item when they seemed fit.
    Yes there was grinds. But half of these grinds just involved killing the same bosses over and over again something which doesnt sound very rewarding as after the 2nd or 3rd kill you have already mastered it and whats another 10 more weeks of killing the same "easy" bosses again to get one... seriously just admit that even if its a cloak its better than nothing or better than groveling / ripping players off for one...

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    it is a legendary because its orange. if many people got lucky back in BC and had glaives would you say that they were not legendary also?
    There's a huge difference though. First off glaives weren't as common as the cloak will be, or as common as the staff/daggers in cata. Now EVERYONE who bothered picking up the quests will have one. All you have to do is pick up the quests and run lfr. You don't even have to raid properly to get it. You can get carried through lfr week after week and you'll get a legendary. By definition, a legendary is rare and powerful. There is nothing rare about this legendary.

i play for the lore and the effect looks nice so as long as wrathion says some cool shit and the celestials say something cool im fine with it