Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I managed to kill Dark Animus with my guild after 3 nights or so, we was switching between strats zerg -> normal -> zerg etc...

First night of zerg we pretty much had 30% wipes etc the issue for us was people dying to font / low dps / tank deaths, randon RNG font in ring sucks...
    I feel like zerg is nice to speed farm up but the normal strat is what got us the kill - i just popped guardian /shield wall + active mitigation cd such as holy avenger to get a huge shield of righteous uptime. Shortly after divine protection -> ardent defender -> divine prot / external, i tried killing off my 2nd golem by the 2 min mark to prevent any random deaths. Sadly we had mage/rogue/warrior and a few doing 140-170k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Normal strategy is far and away superior, the fight isn't hard enough to push a raid that's still progression as hard as you need to it get a zerg kill. I'd say it'd be a real waste of time for most guilds to attempt to get a progression kill on Animus with a zerg strategy, even if they could be capable of it. Just means you'd smash it with the proper strategy.
    Yeah, words of wisdom here. Convinced our RL team to get to it with the proper strategy and just get it killed. We overgear the content anyways now, and zerg strat was just too tempting because of that. But yeah, we didn't even get one try with proper strategy, I'll let you know how it worked out for us (but I'm an optimist).

Thank you all for your insights keep the love in our Lightbringers brotherhood

Can you tell me what you mean by normal strategy?

I already know there are some variations with 1-3 tanks, 1-3 healers. Since my group will be trying this boss now, I was wondering what tactic to use. Average ilvl is around 540 so was wondering if zerg strat is good. However I see some people claiming "normal" strat is better.

Would be grateful for setup for normal strat and some basics.

Deleted
    Normal strategy is covered by lots of guides all around

the best I found :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0kII...ature=youtu.be : quick guide of 15min.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONOHx7xwWyo : same guide, long version with extensive explanation of everything going on of 45min by the same guy

Quote Originally Posted by khalamo View Post
    Can you tell me what you mean by normal strategy?

I already know there are some variations with 1-3 tanks, 1-3 healers. Since my group will be trying this boss now, I was wondering what tactic to use. Average ilvl is around 540 so was wondering if zerg strat is good. However I see some people claiming "normal" strat is better.

Would be grateful for setup for normal strat and some basics.
    Normal strategy is 3 tanks and 2-3 healers
    Charge up both massive golems a few seconds apart, get them to full energy and refuel them on the big ones at -4 energy. You'll need someone (preferably a warlock due to portals and soul link) to soak the matter swaps.

10+ Year Old Account
    With protpally and demolock (mass doom + imps) you should easily have enough dps for zerg strat, fight duration is about 2 minutes, only problem is aggro for the warlock due to doom on everything

as for normal strat:

We downed him with 3 tank 3 heal 1 melee and 3 ranged dps back then, melee being a rogue an constantly opening the tanks anima rings. Warlock for matter swap and balance dr00d + firemage for smooth dps. Whole bossfight is watching the tanks gathering the golems until the 2 massives are full. Wait for 4th siphon anima and pop all cooldowns, burn him down and dont stand in anima fonts -> gg