View Poll Results: Do you like the War counil Idea ?

Voters
84. This poll is closed
  • Yes

37 44.05%
  • No

40 47.62%
  • Unsure - Explain in comments

7 8.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Really, give me concrete proof that the Orcs will no longer be the majority in the Horde post SoO. Where has Blizzard specifically stated that The Horde is taking a more multi-cultural route? There is a difference between "days seeming numbered" and days "being numbered". If you would like to use the argument of "What Orcs will be left?". First that's a weak argument, second, look at the losses the Humans suffered in Northrend (From the Shattering), They were still the driving force behind the Alliance, weren't they?
    As I said I believe that after the siege that the forsaken will be the largest horde faction, as for your weak humans in northrend arguement. Humans are the most populous race on azeroth. The humans could lose half their numbers again and still have a bigger standing than most of the other playable races.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    I mentioned this idea about 4-5 months ago about the horde after Garrosh being unable to place ultimate trust in any one leader again (hell even thrall because he put Garrosh in charge despite Carine not agreeing)

I can't see a Council of some sort working for the Horde/

Amongst the Alliance? Yes.
    Amongst the Horde?

The Goblins don't really see themselves as part of the Horde.
    The BElfs are out for themselves and are fairweather friends at best
    NOONE trusts the Forsaken. They are a necessary evil at best.
    The Pandaren are too few to warrant a major say in Horde affairs.

A Council would work for the Alliance. Not for the Horde.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    I can't see a Council of some sort working for the Horde/

Amongst the Alliance? Yes.
    Amongst the Horde?

The Goblins don't really see themselves as part of the Horde.
    The BElfs are out for themselves and are fairweather friends at best
    NOONE trusts the Forsaken. They are a necessary evil at best.
    The Pandaren are too few to warrant a major say in Horde affairs.

A Council would work for the Alliance. Not for the Horde.

EJL
    It seems half the people voting disagree with you tho, I think quite a few horde members who do not play orc would like to see their race get a bigger role in horde politics then just second string to the orcs.

Horde needs a commander and chief at the top, other wise it's just an Alliance with another name.

Deleted
    I'd like to see both. Have the Warchief title become less a dictator, and more a supreme commander of the horde military. Saurfang becomes the Warchief, but answers to a council with representation from each race. The council decides who gets whacked. Saurfang decides how it's done.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It seems half the people voting disagree with you tho, I think quite a few horde members who do not play orc would like to see their race get a bigger role in horde politics then just second string to the orcs.
    Agree or disagree isn't an issue with the point I raised.

A council simply wouldn't work. The Horde does not trust or like the Forsaken. That alone is enough to scupper the prospect.

That's not to say Blizzard wouldn't force the issue and simply impose on anyway, but it'd be a hamfisted attempt at pulling a twist because the story doesn't support the notion of a Horde Council.

As I said - the BElfs care for none but themeselves, the Forsaken aren't trusted, the Goblins don;'t see themselevs as part of the Horde and the Pandaren are too small. That leaves a working Council made up of the Tauren, Trolls and Orcs. Which wouldn't last long as everyone else would want to be in it, no matter that they aren't suitable.

Whether or not the Horde will also return to the dual ruler situation of Thralls Horde, where Cairn led the civilian aspects, is debateable.

An advisory Council might be the best that can be hoped for. But it'd have to be one with teeth. But then, we get back to the point where most members simply aren't suitable for it.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-07-08 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Agree or disagree isn't an issue with the point I raised.

A council simply wouldn't work. The Horde does not trust or like the Forsaken. That alone is enough to scupper the prospect.

That's not to say Blizzard wouldn't force the issue and simply impose on anyway, but it'd be a hamfisted attempt at pulling a twist because the story doesn't support the notion of a Horde Council.

As I said - the BElfs care for none but themeselves, the Forsaken aren't trusted, the Goblins don;'t see themselevs as part of the Horde and the Pandaren are too small. That leaves a working Council made up of the Tauren, Trolls and Orcs. Which wouldn't last long as everyone else would want to be in it, no matter that they aren't suitable.

Whether or not the Horde will also return to the dual ruler situation of Thralls Horde, where Cairn led the civilian aspects, is debateable.

An advisory Council might be the best that can be hoped for. But it'd have to be one with teeth. But then, we get back to the point where most members simply aren't suitable for it.

EJL
    So you think that 4 races from the horde will allow another warchief to dictate to them how to run their people.

This will be the first time that many of the horde leaders will actually get a say in the warchief position as Thrall gave it to garrosh without consulting any other leader.

I think Lor'themar , Sylvanas, Firepaw and Gallywix are going to want to have a say in who will be controlling the horde for the future.

What I see is the War Council will over see the day to day operations of the horde and they will elect a Warchief to lead the armies on their behalf.

New horde hierarchy

Faction Leaders
    (Faction leaders voice their ideas via their ambassadors in the council)
    War Council
    (Day to day running of the Horde, Works with the leaders to elect a Warchief)
    Warchief
    (Commands the horde military, Answers to the War Council and thus the leaders)
    Generals and Admirals
    Captains
    Footsoilders
    Peasants

Orc - Varok Saurfang
    Troll - Vol'jin
    Tauren - Baine Bloodhoof
    Goblin - Jastor Gallywix
    Undead - Sylvanas Windrunner
    Blood Elf - Lor'themar Theron
    Panda - Ji Firepaw

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Orc - Varok Saurfang
    Troll - Vol'jin
    Tauren - Baine Bloodhoof
    Goblin - Jastor Gallywix
    Undead - Sylvanas Windrunner
    Blood Elf - Lor'themar Theron
    Panda - Ji Firepaw
    I personally dont think the leaders would join the council themselves as they would be needed by their own people.

Lor'themar could send one of his two advisiors and I really don't see Sylvanas leaving undercity but I do see her sending Nathos Blightcaller in her stead.

Gallywix would be on the council as he is only interested in profit margins.

Baine would more than likey send either Hammul or Dezco to act on his behalf.

Vol'jin might be on the council himself as his people may return to Orgrimmar once the rebellion is finished.

I would vote Etrigg as the orc ambassador since I think Warchief and commander of the horde should go to Saurfang.

Firepaw himself should/would be the Pandarian Voice as his peoples numbers are still to small.

I personally dont think the leaders would join the council themselves as they would be needed by their own people.

Lor'themar could send one of his two advisiors and I really don't see Sylvanas leaving undercity but I do see her sending Nathos Blightcaller in her stead.

Gallywix would be on the council as he is only interested in profit margins.

Baine would more than likey send either Hammul or Dezco to act on his behalf.

Vol'jin might be on the council himself as his people may return to Orgrimmar once the rebellion is finished.

I would vote Etrigg as the orc ambassador since I think Warchief and commander of the horde should go to Saurfang.

Firepaw himself should/would be the Pandarian Voice as his peoples numbers are still to small.
    I'm of the belief that the Warchief position should be done away with entirely and replaced by a War Council - hence my list.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I'm of the belief that the Warchief position should be done away with entirely and replaced by a War Council - hence my list.
    ah kk Fair enough, Then yeah no Warchief = better racial leader storylines.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems the people who are against the war council are edging ahead currently.

Deleted
    As heard from the reacent Wrathion audio file, it's clear that there will be a new Warchief and no council

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    As heard from the reacent Wrathion audio file, it's clear that there will be a new Warchief and no council
    yeah, Seems like this is true, But ( grabs prayer beads) it ain't offical yet. War council is created and nominates the new war chief.

I like the idea, but the new soundfiles have basically (but not fully) confirmed there will be a new Warchief. I guess there is also the question of whether Warchief means leader of the Horde and not just leader of the Orcs, but Wrathion seemed to imply there is a new leader of the Horde.

All we know is: it's not Varian, and it's not Wrathion.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    blizzard told us a while ago they already decided on the new warchief, and wrathions now just backing it up.

One must learn to listen to understand the force young skywalker

.. wait... that didn't sound right...

One must learn to use Nair to shave a wookie young skywalker.

Thats better.
    #boycottchina

yeah, Seems like this is true, But ( grabs prayer beads) it ain't offical yet. War council is created and nominates the new war chief.
    I do think at the very least there needs to be an official mechanism in place to unseat a Warchief should he betray the ideals of the Horde. This could be done in the form of a council, but also be as simple as amending the Blood Oath of the Horde to be directed at the Horde as a concept rather then to the Warchief himself.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    So you think that 4 races from the horde will allow another warchief to dictate to them how to run their people.
    As much as they do now?

The BElfs have loyalty to their own...not the Horde.
    Gallywix doesn't see himself as truly part of the Horde.
    The Pandaren are a small small faction
    And Sylvanas is neither trusted nor liked by anyone else

Thats four leaders who would unsuited either as Warchief or as part of a Council.

And a Council isn't ideal to have a Warchief role

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-07-10 at 11:26 PM.