Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    Damn, so here we are at a time, when someone knocks on the door we immediately call 911? She could have stood 5 feet from the door and said "what do you want?"
    That would come off as instigating, and she would be branded a vigilante for the rest of her lonely, racist days.

Considering she said "black kid" instead of just "kid", it implies the reason she called the police was because he is black.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    Someone knocking on your door is a threat now? Especially when you've ascertained that they're a 13 year old kid?
    It most certainly could be in certain parts of the US.

I never answer the door unless I know who it is, don't care if they are black, white, old, young, male or female. If I do not know you and you are not an obvious work person, IE electric company, police etc, my door is staying locked and shut.

I did actually call 911 when a man knocked on my door, went around and knocked on my back door and then looked into two different ground floor windows. He told the police he was "looking for his friend who use to live at this house." I told the officer the person who lives here before me was my grandmother, a 93 year old women who had lived in the house 30+ years.

I see nothing wrong with the women who called 911.

what's the age of the caller? 50's , 60's? Maybe she knows she can't defend herself if something DID happen? Sounds like you are going WAY overboard on this one OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Considering she said "black kid" instead of just "kid", it implies the reason she called the police was because he is black.
    Or she was describing to the 911 operator what the person looked liked. I have called 911 when I was at work for people who should not have been on the property (it was a treatment center and no guests were allowed after 10pm) and they always ask what the person looks like, how old they are, tall, etc.

Since when did describing a person to a 911 operator become racist? You're looking for a race issue when there isn't one. And to the people calling the op unethical you're just plain wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Considering she said "13 year-old kid" instead of just "kid", it implies the reason she called the police was because he is 13 year-old.

Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    Or she was describing to the 911 operator what the person looked liked. I have called 911 when I was at work for people who should not have been on the property (it was a treatment center and no guests were allowed after 10pm) and they always ask what the person looks like, how old they are, tall, etc.
    Giving a description isn't generally the first thing someone says. When you called the police did you immediately describe them as soon as the phone was picked up without being asked?

It wasn't a case of:
    Woman: "help, someone suspicous is at my door"
    Police: "ok mam, can you give us a description?"
    Woman: "he's african american, dressed like this, 5ft6 tall etc"

It was more like:
    Woman: "help, a black guy is at my door"

Sounds like prejudice not racism. She is not indicating his worth based on his skin color, she was merely assuming his intent based on his skin color. In the larger scope of things is it wrong, yeah sure why not we should be beyond using skin color as a measuring stick. However here is your test. Lie to yourself all you want.

Large black man walking behind a smaller white guy down a dark alleyway.

When you can read that sentence without creating imagery beyond what it is written then you can start throwing rocks at the lady. Until then stop being such a smug bastard and do your job. You make up shit as much as any other human does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does no one have windows they can peek out of anymore? Wait she did describe him...did she not see her own dog? Hope she learned a lesson, even if it was just a small one.

Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    Does no one have windows they can peek out of anymore? Wait she did describe him...did she not see her own dog? Hope she learned a lesson, even if it was just a small one.
    Not to call 911, because the operator might come to mmo-champ, and call you out as a racist!

People should install laser weapons on their doors and remove bells, so that whoever comes even close to the door, gets evaporated immediately.

We don't want to take any chances, now do we?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    Not to call 911, because the operator might come to mmo-champ, and call you out as a racist!
    There was no name calling involved, other than that he stated that he's from New Jersey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Incarnate View Post
    could have just watch Mommy get the shit kicked out of her by Daddy
    Aren't you being racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Aren't you being racist?
    How is that racist?!

What difference does the value of her house make? Oh yeah, you just have an axe to grind.

BTW, if you were going to break into a house to steal stuff, would you go to a nice neighborhood, or the ghetto?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    How is that racist?!
    Presuming his mum might have just been beaten by his dad because he's black? Just like the women was presuming it was not safe to open the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Presuming his mum might have just been beaten by his dad because he's black? Just like the women was presuming it was not safe to open the door.
    That's what you want to read out, but not what he actually said. Or are you implying that white parents don't beat up their kids?

Is it legal for you to be sharing 911 calls with a message board?

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    How is that racist?!
    Stereotyping isn't racism.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics