Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by itzferal View Post
    There you go again bro with your jabs directed to me. You really need to grow up and stop hating your life. If you come to NY, I could hire you as an assistant. Look me up.
    You have absolutely no contribution to the discussion in this thread. I even got infracted for calling your bullshit. I really don't understand how the mods can be so blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    You have absolutely no contribution to the discussion in this thread. I even got infracted for calling your bullshit. I really don't understand how the mods can be so blind.
    Maybe because you are (even with this post) taking it to a personal level? I found that you can actually PM Mods about infractions and ask them to the point. I even had infractions revoked.

But you do argue on the heated side....
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

You have both been infracted for much the same thing in this thread. You will be yet again very soon if you don't knock it off and get back on topic. If someone's posts bother you that much, put them on ignore and move on. If you really feel you must comment further take it up with me in a PM, another General Discussion moderator, a super moderator, or send a note to an admin.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-07-11 at 08:22 AM.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

The Patient
    Some more evidence for the cash shop apologists* to gloss over after a few pages when the shock-factor has subsided.
    Code:
    "BLIZZARD_STORE"
    "BLIZZARD_STORE_ON_SALE"
    "BLIZZARD_STORE_BUY"
    "BLIZZARD_STORE_PLUS_TAX"
    "BLIZZARD_STORE_PRODUCT_INDEX"
    local numGroups = C_PurchaseAPI.GetNumProductGroups()
    local id, name, description, icon, normalPrice, currentPrice = C_PurchaseAPI.GetProductGroupInfo(CurrentGroupIndex)
    Note that these are extracted from the English Client using the tools freely provided by Blizzard with the game for that purpose (no third party tools or datamining needed)
    I guess that's going into the enUS client just to support an exp boost for the Asian market...

*sorry I meant impartial moderators

Quote Originally Posted by Drii View Post
    Some more evidence for the cash shop apologists* to gloss over after a few pages when the shock-factor has subsided.
    Code:
    "BLIZZARD_STORE"
    "BLIZZARD_STORE_ON_SALE"
    "BLIZZARD_STORE_BUY"
    local id, name, description, icon, normalPrice, currentPrice = C_PurchaseAPI.GetProductGroupInfo(CurrentGroupIndex)
    Note that these are extracted from the English Client using the tools freely provided by Blizzard with the game for that purpose (no third party tools or datamining needed)
    I guess that's going into the enUS client just to support an exp boost for the Asian market...

why is codes in english? conspiracy

I'm wondering why people are skeptical about this. A cash shop ingame is a convenience for players, regardless of whether it's a stepping stone to F2P/B2P. If they're going F2P in the Asian market and they implemented this, it's kind of a disservice not to put it in the US market. At the end of the day, why not? (other than to dissuade F2P naysayers)
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I'm wondering why people are skeptical about this. A cash shop ingame is a convenience for players, regardless of whether it's a stepping stone to F2P/B2P. If they're going F2P in the Asian market and they implemented this, it's kind of a disservice not to put it in the US market. At the end of the day, why not? (other than to dissuade F2P naysayers)
    They would never go Free to play. They make far too much money from the subscription fees. They will add the store to milk even more profit without adding any value to the game.

They would never go Free to play. They make far too much money from the subscription fees. They will add the store to milk even more profit without adding any value to the game.
    this is a great thing to put in your signature or maybe for someone to write down in notepad so eventually a nerd can go "HAH you were WRONG"

for what it's worth i doubt they'll go f2p/b2p any time soon but in a couple expansions when everyone realises that blizzard isn't what it used to be they'll think about it
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

The Patient
    While removing value from the game (for subscribers) without reducing rent (subscription price) to put it on the shop (where you can "optionally" buy it back).

I think that's a more appropriate description (I'm agreeing with you btw)

While removing value from the game (for subscribers) without reducing rent (subscription price) to put it on the shop (where you can "optionally" buy it back).
    I can already see them trying to rationalize the store: "Well how does that guy who paid for his heroic thunderforged Bad Juju trinket devalues your own? How does him paying for something impact your own experience? You are such an elitist, trying to take away content from casuals, let them have it /sob"

I can already see them trying to rationalize the store: "Well how does that guy who paid for his heroic thunderforged Bad Juju trinket devalues your own? How does him paying for something impact your own experience? You are such an elitist, trying to take away content from casuals, let them have it /sob"
    I do agree with much of what you are saying but I do not think it is helpful to turn this into casual/hardcore debate and doing so is only likely to get the thread locked.

Code:
    "BLIZZARD_STORE"
    "BLIZZARD_STORE_ON_SALE"
    "BLIZZARD_STORE_BUY"

All of those strings would be necessary if it it's their intention to make items such as pets and mounts from the out-of-game Blizzard Store available in-game. This isn't news. It's clear it won't stop there but the quote in and of itself is meaningless since the plans are very clear to make at least those available in-game. They've already said they want to do that much so I don't get the conspiracy stuff.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

I am Murloc! Superman-BladesEdge's Avatar
    Polishing the foot I plan to park in Blizzard's ass
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    They've already said they want to do that much so I don't get the conspiracy stuff.
    I think you will find the Tin Foil Hats are handed out for free with topics like this. A service, that someone will never use, that is only available in other markets, which has coding that is shared for ALL installers, will always cause an upheaval. In this case, it is just the prefacing for things to come. I don't agree with the Tin foil hats, but I also have a rough time dismissing that last 1% of what they say which might be truth.

Would you pay to rent out gear or rare mounts.

e.g. $7 for Mimirons head for 7 days.
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week world cup soccer!

Herald of the Titans naturetauren's Avatar
    Born in Sweden, but im going to move away <3
    Yet another company that will go like "oh we just gonna add one small buff for money" that goes into "buy new hairstyles, buy awesome transmog gear, buy +100% honor, increase cap, reset that and this crap" kind of garbage.

Isle of Thunder PvP with sanctuary areas and OP guards>making pve gear better than pvp gear in pvp servers outside instanced areas>buy +100% honor gain to be the first in the season to own people>?
    Last edited by naturetauren; 2013-07-11 at 05:29 PM.
    Dear god forgive me for preordering WOD. That is the most retarded thing ive ever done in my 24 years of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    This doesn't really make me very happy. It'll only feed fuel to the fire of people who insist that they have to do everything that is possible...and that means spending more money.
    Enabling such people ("whales") to spend large amounts of money is the business model behind F2P games.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I think you will find the Tin Foil Hats are handed out for free with topics like this. A service, that someone will never use, that is only available in other markets, which has coding that is shared for ALL installers, will always cause an upheaval. In this case, it is just the prefacing for things to come. I don't agree with the Tin foil hats, but I also have a rough time dismissing that last 1% of what they say which might be truth.
    all Blizzard have to do is come out and state clearly "this is for our customers in the eastern markets, not for the subscribers in the west" and it would clear the whole thing up for the tin foil hat brigade. Blizzards silence on this matter speaks volumes.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

The volume of new game features and content in MoP is a direct consequence of people cancelling subscriptions during Cataclysm. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Blizzards silence on this matter speaks volumes.
    I fear the sub decline in MoP has been worse that they projected. The Q2 numbers (coming out in a few weeks) will be very interesting.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    all Blizzard have to do is come out and state clearly "this is for our customers in the eastern markets, not for the subscribers in the west" and it would clear the whole thing up for the tin foil hat brigade. Blizzards silence on this matter speaks volumes.
    I have said this time and time again in this thread but no-one seems to able to answer why Blizzard have not simply said it is not for Western regions if it is only intended for Asia.

An in game shop is coming and will only grow and the items will become more neat and useful.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is in major denial.

They're gonna try to squeeze every dime possible out of this game while they can.

I don't like it personally, but I am convinced that they will add it. I wouldn't mind, if they would just offer the normal stuff that's on the web store already, but things like the 100% more EXP buff shows that they are going to add ALOT of additional items to the ingame store to make extra cash. I expect ALOT of items every couple weeks to show up there. Milk the cow as someone alr said.

It is a bit sad to see business plans like that in games - but does it change the actual game? No. Nobody forces you to use it. But they know that alot of people will actually use it.