Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    all Blizzard have to do is come out and state clearly "this is for our customers in the eastern markets, not for the subscribers in the west" and it would clear the whole thing up for the tin foil hat brigade. Blizzards silence on this matter speaks volumes.
    I hate to break this to you, but here is how that conversation would go:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Dear Players: As of late, there has been a lot of buzz about the cash shop. We would like to assure you this is for the Asian market only, and will not be released in the US. We have no plans to do so at this time
    Tin Foil Hat:
    SO, what you are telling us is this WILL be released in the US at some point and this game is PAY TO WIN! GG BLIZZFAIL!
    We are only releasing this for the Asian Market, there is no intent to move it into the North American market.
    Tin Foil Hat:
    Don't LIE to us !!! We know you are just a money hungry corporation that will suck every last dollar out of your players and spit in their faces!
    So, as you can see, it does not matter WHAT Blizz says, they are damned if they do, or if they do not. Sad part is, they usually bring it on themselves, and they are not known for being the most honest or forthcoming bunch. But, that doesn't mean I agree with the conspiracy theorists. They need to just cool their jets, and let the chips fall where they may. If they are right, they can say, "WE TOLD YOU SO!" and if they are wrong, they'll say, "NICE COVER UP!" Can't win a battle of wits when you are only armed with tin foil.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I hate to break this to you, but here is how that conversation would go:

Dear Players: As of late, there has been a lot of buzz about the cash shop. We would like to assure you this is for the Asian market only, and will not be released in the US. We have no plans to do so at this time

We are only releasing this for the Asian Market, there is no intent to move it into the North American market.

So, as you can see, it does not matter WHAT Blizz says, they are damned if they do, or if they do not. Sad part is, they usually bring it on themselves, and they are not known for being the most honest or forthcoming bunch. But, that doesn't mean I agree with the conspiracy theorists. They need to just cool their jets, and let the chips fall where they may. If they are right, they can say, "WE TOLD YOU SO!" and if they are wrong, they'll say, "NICE COVER UP!" Can't win a battle of wits when you are only armed with tin foil.
    I do not believe this would be the case, undoubtedly there would be some that do not believe them and as you said this is partly Blizzard's fault that people will not take their word at face value, but the majority of would take this as an end to the matter. The argument that Blizzard are damned if they do, damned if they don't is all to regularly used in an attempt to shut down and kind of discussion that does not show Blizzard in a positive light. And just how would Blizzard go about covering up an item shop? Kinda of defeats the purpose of a shop if no-one knows about it dontcha think?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I do not believe this would be the case, undoubtedly there would be some that do not believe them and as you said this is partly Blizzard's fault that people will not take their word at face value, but the majority of would take this as an end to the matter. The argument that Blizzard are damned if they do, damned if they don't is all to regularly used in an attempt to shut down and kind of discussion that does not show Blizzard in a positive light. And just how would Blizzard go about covering up an item shop? Kinda of defeats the purpose of a shop if no-one knows about it dontcha think?
    I know that... and you know that... now we just have to figure out a way to share it with the tin foil hats.

Its terrible, its the biggest gamebreaker to ever appear.
    There is no such thing as "ability bloat" just l2fp.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    Edit: This is being tested for Korean Realms only/first.
    Bad idea on their part, Koreans hate micro transactions and they will never EVER manage to beat Aion there, especially with micro transactions.

When they made Aion F2P in NA and EU Koreans were pissed.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/c/20...restless.shtml

However, South Korean players seemed to be a quite surprised that the NO. 1 MMO in South Korea will go f2p in Europe. They argued that excellent games should adopt the p2p model instead of f2p model. Some players even claimed that European players are "stingy" or "don't know how to appreciate such a masterpiece".
    Last edited by Tempeste; 2013-07-13 at 03:05 PM.