Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

"will no longer taunt off players that are tank-specialized" for HUNTER / LOCK PETS!

That would be so wonderful.

No more hunters or warlocks herpderping in dungeons or heroics, annoyingly taunting things off of you. Oh how I can dream...

--The shaman earth elemental received this changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we please get that for hunter pets? That would be a very welcome change. No more will I shrug my shoulders when a hunter bitches me out for not taunting off of his pet!

10+ Year Old Account
    Though it annoys me at times I just let the pet tank and die, while tanking I let that happen and my healer didn't heal the pet. We laughed as the hunter repeated it 5 times, I was even nice and pointed it out at the start "Turn pet taunt off please <3" but he left it on so I let it die

It can have its benefits though depending on what you are doing tbh, not many but they can exist if you use your imagination :3 I have had my voidwalker tank single targets simply because it was easier to heal my pet and me than heal the tank.

Deleted
    I dont mind ppl having their pets taunt mobs off. But I guess its helpfull for alot of hunters and warlocks who are to lazy to uncheck taunt as an auto ability.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not just a QoL change for tanks, also for the healers that are then expected to heal a pet.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Not just a QoL change for tanks, also for the healers that are then expected to heal a pet.
    Expect? If a hunter or warlock wishes their pet not to die, they have full control over that themselves...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    When I heal I don't heal pets. At all. Not my responsibility unless that pet is saving our lives because the tank is dead.

As a healer, I don't heal taunting pets. I like watching them die.

Yeah, this would be a nice change to make it easier to deal with the derpy hunters I get grouped with.

Deleted
    Thing is sometimes taunting in 5 mans and raids is important to help a tank reset stacks or preform whatever is needed, just turn it on and off, use diff macros, modifier macros or whatever.

Lock pets don't taunt afaik, they just generate a shit ton of threat with threatening presence on.
    Off topic but if your hunter/lock is doing it right and pet isn't tanking you SHOULD heal it it helps the grp.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Oh the glory days of Voidwalkers tanking Sartharion 10 3D! :P

And you thought the game couldn't be dumbed down anymore.

Deleted
    Would be nice if autotaunt never taunted off a real tank, but manual pet taunt still did.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Well considering the presence of players too dumb to figure out that their pet taunting off the tank is a generally bad idea at max level, I'd say this is a rather intelligent change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    It's not about dumbing it down, it's about preventing people from griefing other players through their mistakes or intentions. I've had hunters purposely pulling and taunting stuff just to be dicks.

It can be a genuine mistake, since visually a button being on auto-toggle is not always as obvious as you may think.
    Though it would certainly help with the cases where someone is being an ass.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad I finished duoing ToC25m with my wife to get the rogue t9 looking pants off beasts 25 for my monk before this went live. Because BrM with my wife's SP to help DPS (I just couldn't beat enrage timer on the yeti at the end solo), having Xuen taunt off and tank Gormok just long enough for the 10stacks of impale to fall off was huge. in doing that fight for us.

I know they can't be hamstrung making changes for current content by worrying about people solo/2manning old raids, but that would have had a direct impact on me if it was live already!

as a hunter i always turn off taunt when im in an instance - the only time i dont is when i forget, and then when the tanks says something i turn it off and apologise - it can help sometimes though if the grp decide to pull loads of mobs, pet taunt can help in some way but then i dont expect the pet to be healed, i can do that myself and its all good, until the tank asks me to turn off taunt again coz i forgot....:-0

I never understood people who taunted back off pets or healed the pet. Each to their own tho.

Definitely hoping this is the first step towards making it universal. I could see it being problematic from an implementation PoV, and them wanting to phase it in carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's not about dumbing it down, it's about preventing people from griefing other players through their mistakes or intentions. I've had hunters purposely pulling and taunting stuff just to be dicks.
    That's just the thing. Removing the ability for a player to potentially make a mistake, is pretty much textbook 'dumb-down' in a video game. If he's doing it out of ignorance or a mistake, let the pet die and he gets the message. If he's doing it to try to be a jerk, kick him.

It's sort of like, for example, if shaman were to automatically get earth-living when they switch to resto, rather than having to switch weapon buffs.