Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

I always wanted only to see the content

Started in TBC, I have raided all up to Black Temple. Never made to Sunwell, did it in Wotlk.
    Killed Ilidan and took break until Wotlk. Cleared Wotlk on normal modes and I was happy.
    Heroic modes? Never bothered, seen the content already.

Cata and LFR came to the table - golden era of casual play begun. Convenience above all and everything. Best thing that happened to my gameplay in wow. I could raid whenever I wanted and leave whenever I wanted.
    Now Im asking myself how could I ever play in guild with schedule raid times, I was actually wasting my time back then, raiding 16 hours a week in tbc. Just to experience and kill last boss.

Now I invest much less time and get the same goal. And still subbed. Its all about TIME, finally I can play the game less and get same goals.

Thanks to Blizzard for LFD/LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Started in TBC, I have raided all up to Black Temple. Never made to Sunwell, did it in Wotlk.
    Killed Ilidan and took break until Wotlk. Cleared Wotlk on normal modes and I was happy.
    Heroic modes? Never bothered, seen the content already.

Cata and LFR came to the table - golden era of casual play begun. Convenience above all and everything. Best thing that happened to my gameplay in wow. I could raid whenever I wanted and leave whenever I wanted.
    Now Im asking myself how could I ever play in guild with schedule raid times, I was actually wasting my time back then, raiding 16 hours a week in tbc. Just to experience and kill last boss.

Now I invest much less time and get the same goal. And still subbed. Its all about TIME, finally I can play the game less and get same goals.

Thanks to Blizzard for LFD/LFR.
    Except LFR is not real raiding, you think you are raiding, but deep inside you know you aren't

10+ Year Old Account
    Because some people enjoy raiding. I like to raid because I get to experience the content with my friends. We laugh, we joke, we share experiences that you can't with LFR. I also like LFR because it allows all of my alts to progress as well (but not as far as my main) but I won't give up the shared experience of raiding in a guild.

Now you've seen it, did you feel like you experienced it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I kinda feel the same way about it. It also easier to switch roles/classes while raiding now.

yeah so what is the point?

we allready know that some poeple like lfd/lfr

and we know some poeple hate them...

i personaly could not care less , as long as the other poeple are having fun in lfr its good for them , and i dont see a reason why poeple go around hating lfr..

dont like it? dont do it ^^

flex is gonna be ok for poeple who cant clear normal apparently there are some guild out there even if i have a hard time to imagine that poeple cant clear normal , but well evryone plays the game an other way , i guess for poeple who log in kill stuff and dont read sites like mmo , ej or other sites it could be a probleme to kill the bosses ^^

what makes me laugh are poeple who say lfr is not real raiding..

well maybe for you , but i think mayn poeple are happy to raid lfr

no i dont like lfr i got 11/13hc with 2 toons and 5/13 hc with a third one , but i can understand for poeple that log in 3-4 hours a week that they are having fun to raid lfr just to let some steam out..

just see those poeple like poeple who like to play diablo3 but with more spells

or some ploeple just like to play 5 toons.. and gear them up and switch with the mood they have

we have what 9 million poeple left.. there should be something for evryone to have fun

no need to go hating poeple around :P
    Last edited by Uselessrouge; 2013-07-08 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    +1

We can't classify a tank and spank clusterfuck, kindergarten version of Normal/Heroic as "raiding"

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    finally I can play the game less and get same goals.
    Aren't games usually things that people enjoy playing? If that is the case then why is your goal to play the game less?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Different strokes for different folks. If I wasn't raiding normals/heroics with my guild I would quit the game.

No one in their right mind actually FINDS JOY in wiping for hours on end, but the end result of finally downing a boss after all the hard work and progression paying off is PRICELESS. Something LFR will never, ever be able to provide you.

Plus you know, the superior gear and all. Yes LFR shares the same model but at the end of the day, heroic gear is the best.

Good post OP - LFR was created for people like you, and it seems to work as intended from that prespective.

LFR was not designed to replace normal raids for people who prefer that playstyle. Instead, it was intended to do exactly what you described.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's cool that LFR lets you do just that, it's always annoying being part of a guild that people end up quitting when you kill the final boss.

For me, LFR would never be enough to satisfy my raiding needs, but we are all different.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad a larger percentage of the player base gets to see the content and that there are the quiet folk out there who don't whinge on forums about LFR. it's nice to be reminded that these people exist, especially when every third thread is "REMOVE LFR" blah blah
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Murican View Post
    Except LFR is not real raiding, you think you are raiding, but deep inside you know you aren't
    Opinion.
    Deep inside you know that you have no right to dictate what we should or should not be doing, but it doesn't stop you trying.
    LFR is providing an entry route to an experience that traditional raiders are choosing intentionally to deny access to.
    PuGs have grown less flexible, less understanding of minor delays.

There was no way in hell that 40 raiders had their schedules all line up perfectly, compromises had to be made.
    Something the "real raiders" simply are not willing to do now.
    We get complaints now if something takes 2 minutes too long.

LFR is not "seeing the content", otherwise nobody would be in normal or heroic.
    That argument needs to end since its a load of rubbish.
    LFR is not all the content, but only a fraction of it.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-07-08 at 03:55 PM.

Deleted
    I like LFR as a catch up mechanic, since it's a good way to make returning players to experience current Expansion raids in the right order without being too hard.
    But I really prefer to experience raids on a more challenging setting, with actual players that try to care for what happens during the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Aren't games usually things that people enjoy playing? If that is the case then why is your goal to play the game less?
    Did I say I dont enjoy playing? I really do enjoy playing, but that doesnt mean I have to play every day like I had to in TBC just to stay competitive to be able to join raids and kill last boss. More time for real life is much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Yes, definately, with much less wasted time and effort, just like game should be

"I always wanted only to see the content"

You could do that on youtube OP. The difference is that now you get loot, gratz.

10+ Year Old Account
    The OP said "see the content" and "play the game" which LFR accomplishes. He's not pretending LFR is the same as normal mode raiding.

The definition of "real raiding" is subjective anyway.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

"I always wanted only to see the content"

You could do that on youtube OP. The difference is that now you get loot, gratz.
    Since when is watching a video the same as doing it yourself?

because killing a boss after 100 wipes or 100 hours of wiping and getting top20 rank on progress is immensely gratifying, or could just be me.

And regarding final bosses - combine days of wipes, tons of 0.1% wipes with 50+ whispers when you get the realm first is absolutely the best feeling I have experienced in the whole game.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one said it was. Deep inside you know that.