Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murican View Post
    "I always wanted only to see the content"

You could do that on youtube OP. The difference is that now you get loot, gratz.
    Gratz, you just compared 'seeing a video' with 'actually doing the bosses'. What a massive pile of bullshit!

Ooo, another LFR thread. Place bets now on how long it takes to spin out of control!

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The OP said "see the content" and "play the game" which LFR accomplishes. He's not pretending LFR is the same as normal mode raiding.

The definition of "real raiding" is subjective anyway.
    Raiding is about overcoming challenges. LFR offers no challenge, therefore it can't be classified as "raiding"

PS: He said: "finally I can play the game less". Pretty sure blizzard wants you to play more, not less. rofl.

Glad you're having fun but I'm afraid LFR is sucking some of the fun away from a whole lot of other people :|

Myself included, that's why I quit raiding. Ever since LFR it just doesn't feel like I'm doing all this effort for the kill.
    It feels like I'm working on a kill.

Heroic modes were always optional and that's why I kind of wasn't interested in them accept for the challenge.
    But most of the "new raid experience" is had in Normal.

Now we have LFR.
    Now Normal is an option.
    Why don't people have much interest in Heroic? Well now who's going to have much interest in Normal?

Whatever "drive" you had (big or small) it has dwindled (for me a lot and I feel it affects every player to a degree).

It feels like the rewards for raiding Normal (seeing the content and getting tier gear) is taken away.
    Now my reward is simply the challenge and recolored tier.....
    I just feel unerwhelmed.

I also feel a whole lot of players feel this way even if they don't realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    because killing a boss after 100 wipes or 100 hours of wiping and getting top20 rank on progress is immensely gratifying, or could just be me.

And regarding final bosses - combine days of wipes, tons of 0.1% wipes with 50+ whispers when you get the realm first is absolutely the best feeling I have experienced in the whole game.
    Some people don't need/want gratification from a computer game, and just enjoy playing it in a relaxing way. To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Did I say I dont enjoy playing? I really do enjoy playing, but that doesnt mean I have to play every day like I had to in TBC just to stay competitive to be able to join raids and kill last boss. More time for real life is much better.
    If real life is that much better why would you waste any time in a game like WoW anyway. Its almost like watching a TV show that completely doesn't entertain you yet you want to see what happens in the end so you force yourself to watch it.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    Ooo, another LFR thread. Place bets now on how long it takes to spin out of control!
    It has with the first reply. Since some people apparently enjoy reading threads about things they absolutely don't want to read anything about.

Except LFR is not real raiding, you think you are raiding, but deep inside you know you aren't
    The same can be said for shitloads of guilds "raiding" 4 hours 3-4 times a week for a full tier but still unable to clear normal until it gets nerfed to hell. I'm sure they think they are raiding as well. But I don't call that real raiding either.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Now you've seen it, did you feel like you experienced it?
    We don't have to,
    -Study our class extensively for optimal performance,
    -Study each fight for optimal performance,
    -Try to orchestrate our optimal rotation in a stressful progress environment,
    -Wipe for hours to kill a single boss for some reason(yaay so fun),
    -Try to not fail on memorizing/reaching/assigning keybinds for each of your main characters,
    -Work extensively to perform decent while still being able to pay attention to boss mechanics, without all that "friends are depending on my performance to not wipe for another hour" stress,
    -Level x number of professions or do other forms of extremely boring stuff(such as dailies) to get more gold to spend on enchants, gems, flasks, pots or gear that gets changed constantly as you get better drops,
    -Get into arguements over numbers, such as dps or healing meters,

to experience the content now.

As I said before, this might be easy, monotonous for experienced gamers; but I always have a hard time to explain to them that this whole raiding ritual is no where near "fun" for a casual gamer, or an inexperienced player who has no intention/time to get to your level of experience, it is tiresome and stressful for the majority of the player base. As a gamer(I love this great hobby), I can say that World of Warcraft is way too harder than a single player fantasy game, and I, we, love playing both. But I cannot sacrifice my time and I don't have the interest to adjust to damn video game I pay to play every month, it has to adjust to me, if my views are shared by most of its target audience. Considering LFR, LFD, new talent system etc, I can safely say that they are vastly shared.

We get in, we see the story, we get some improvements on our gear and we get out. All of it takes a very little time, and LFR keeps the thrill of "Just drop that awesome axe already" well, it does a very good job at it. Long story short, LFR is pretty awesome, Flex system also sounds awesome, and I hope they stay that way.
    Last edited by madokbro; 2013-07-08 at 04:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You might as well check youtube vids of the fights, that's about the same experience as LFR and you get to see all content.

We can't classify a tank and spank clusterfuck, kindergarten version of Normal/Heroic as "raiding"
    Sure we can, see? It says Looking For Raid. Sounds like a raid to me. But go ahead and tell yourself it's not if that makes you feel better about yourself and the fact LFR is here and never, ever, ever going anywhere, just like LFD and all the other things addicted softcores who whinge and cry but never quit say 'ruined WoW'.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Started in TBC, I have raided all up to Black Temple. Never made to Sunwell, did it in Wotlk.
    Killed Ilidan and took break until Wotlk. Cleared Wotlk on normal modes and I was happy.
    Heroic modes? Never bothered, seen the content already.

Cata and LFR came to the table - golden era of casual play begun. Convenience above all and everything. Best thing that happened to my gameplay in wow. I could raid whenever I wanted and leave whenever I wanted.
    Now Im asking myself how could I ever play in guild with schedule raid times, I was actually wasting my time back then, raiding 16 hours a week in tbc. Just to experience and kill last boss.

Now I invest much less time and get the same goal. And still subbed. Its all about TIME, finally I can play the game less and get same goals.

Thanks to Blizzard for LFD/LFR.
    totally agree
    I Play for content
    not for PVP/PVE hardcore raiding and arenas.

I enjoy story very much and don't care rest too much.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodGutter View Post
    No one in their right mind actually FINDS JOY in wiping for hours on end, but the end result of finally downing a boss after all the hard work and progression paying off is PRICELESS. Something LFR will never, ever be able to provide you.

Plus you know, the superior gear and all. Yes LFR shares the same model but at the end of the day, heroic gear is the best.
    Completely agree, I was happy back then in TBC when wiping not for hours, but for weeks. LFR will never get me that satisfaction, but you know what: I dont want it anymore, I look at WoW now as a game, nothing more (like I used to).

About gear - never cared about gear, always had just enough to deserve to be invited to raid, often passed it to guild members with less DKP than me. It was always just a tool to get to the end, not a purpose by itself

Raiding is about overcoming challenges. LFR offers no challenge, therefore it can't be classified as "raiding"

PS: He said: "finally I can play the game less". Pretty sure blizzard wants you to play more, not less. rofl.
    Technically raiding is just a large group of people combined in a raid group to kill a boss. The challenge is the reasoning behind why people do it. But even if you classify raiding as "something that is challenging" than it is still subjective. I'm sure there are many heroic raiders who don't consider normal mode challenging in the slightest. So does that mean normal modes aren't considered raiding either?

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Sure we can, see? It says Looking For Raid. Sounds like a raid to me. But go ahead and tell yourself it's not if that makes you feel better about yourself and the fact LFR is here and never, ever, ever going anywhere, just like LFD and all the other things addicted softcores who whinge and cry but never quit say 'ruined WoW'.
    Automatically sorting 25 people into a group and teleporting them in front of pale imitations of raid bosses is not what makes a raid.

25 randomers who pushed a button to be teleported in front of a target dummy on legs. If I get together 4 friends and run a challenge mode five man it's more of a raid than LFR ToT.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    You might as well check youtube vids of the fights, that's about the same experience as LFR and you get to see all content.
    There is a difference between playing and watching. Being a part of a story, playing a role in it is the best thing a video game can offer to you.

I'm sure you could think of that on your own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiding is about group content that requires more than five players.

You can go ahead and define what raiding means to you, and what you want out of raiding, but the fact is that if you're defining it as anything other than "group content with more than five players," you're operating under a personal definition.

The only reason anyone ever takes the opportunity to point out that someone else is not participating in "real raiding" is to scoff at their accomplishments. There's no reason to do that. If you want "real raiding" then do what you think is legitimate raiding, but don't piss on the people who are actually happy with the way they choose to enjoy content and chose to share that perspective.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsjel View Post
    The same can be said for shitloads of guilds "raiding" 4 hours 3-4 times a week for a full tier but still unable to clear normal until it gets nerfed to hell. I'm sure they think they are raiding as well. But I don't call that real raiding either.
    No it can't. They're going through the same challenge as the rest of us and doing their best. They're not asking for nerfs.
    And there are possibilities of encounters being "over tuned."
    Remember that gear and class balance still plays a huge role.

10+ Year Old Account
    Convenience would be the one word i would use for why i like LFR.I can do LFR when i want too.I can leave if things are going bad without making some lame ass excuse,but above all else i don't have to kiss some guild's ass and play when they say and how they say.I raided from TBC all the way up to tier 12 and was ready to quit WOW because i was sick of the corrupt cesspool known as "The Raiding Guild".98% of all the negative things i have dealt with in 6 years of WOW have been in guilds not LFD or LFR of course all guilds are most likely not bad but i would rather stick my dick in a bee hive than ever join another guild.

Call LFR what you want but it has it's purpose in WOW there will always be people who hate it and want it gone.Look at flex raids i give no more than a month and posts will be made by some so called hardcore raider about how flex raids are bad and the people who do them are bad and they are harming "real raiding".
    You try and you fail,but the only true failure is when you quit trying.

Not really. Blizz want me to stay subbed(which I am continuously), they dont care about my /played. Thats a difference.