Deleted

PvP dailies making a comeback this wed

Hi,

We were trying with things like PvP Rifts, Daily Quests, Conquest due to my pushing, along with other dev team members pushing. PvP RIFTs were unfortunately a failure.

Also, there are PvP daily quests coming this Wed - because I re-prioritized someones work. I'm pretty well known for not just waiting till major patches to release new content if it is needed.

PvP IA is a great idea (one that the dev team has been pitching since IA went in) - however, its not a trivial one to implement and we absolutely need to have cross server IA before even considering that.

Bill "Daglar" Fisher
    Creative Director: RIFT

http://http://forums.riftgame.com/game-discussions/pvp-warfronts/371975-we-need-more-pvpers-game-5.html#post4370163
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-07-08 at 11:45 PM.

This sounds good!
    I can't wait to try this out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already made a post on the Rift Forums showing what the dailies will be, or at least the 'current' daily, no idea if there's a pool or the same ones each day

Note, the rewards are Marks of Conquest

Deleted
    Awesome, imho they should give freelancer/warlord marks too. Great start though.

10+ Year Old Account
    that last daily that requires us to kill other players look fun.they should have made more of them .

Deleted
    I think pvp dailies were more of a failure than pvp rifts, never really liked them... thats because... I pvp because I want to pvp... not because I want to go out in the world doing pve quests. Well, as long as they dont remove daily warfront, I can just stick to that one instead if rewards stay the same. They should add more pvp quests to what you can actually do in warfronts, carry runes, cap bases, defend bases... those are pvp dailies I like and the limited gametime I have I rather spend in pvp than pve with ganking. At least until they make pvp instant adventures =)

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I think pvp dailies were more of a failure than pvp rifts, never really liked them... thats because... I pvp because I want to pvp... not because I want to go out in the world doing pve quests. Well, as long as they dont remove daily warfront, I can just stick to that one instead if rewards stay the same. They should add more pvp quests to what you can actually do in warfronts, carry runes, cap bases, defend bases... those are pvp dailies I like and the limited gametime I have I rather spend in pvp than pve with ganking. At least until they make pvp instant adventures =)
    The thing is, PvP quests were not necesarillt about going out and doing PvE quests, they were about going out and doing PvE quests in the same area as the opposite faction while flagged for PvP and fighting over the things you needed to complete those PvE objectives. Granted, it never quite worked that way, with the area typically being dominated by one side or the other for a period of time until people finished their quests and moved on, then the other side would come in and dominate for a while. If PvP quests had worked out a way to keep a similar number of players from each side there, I think it would have been a lot more interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    The thing is, PvP quests were not necesarillt about going out and doing PvE quests, they were about going out and doing PvE quests in the same area as the opposite faction while flagged for PvP and fighting over the things you needed to complete those PvE objectives. Granted, it never quite worked that way, with the area typically being dominated by one side or the other for a period of time until people finished their quests and moved on, then the other side would come in and dominate for a while. If PvP quests had worked out a way to keep a similar number of players from each side there, I think it would have been a lot more interesting.
    True. I still remember the same people always camped and ganked people trying to do those quests entire day. Think I managed to do them early in the morning at best... never played enough to max out my gear so I was always ganking friendly. I like the idea that the world is scary, that you perhaps need a group of friends to help you survive out in the world. However since gear grind is so long in this game, spending every day gathering friends to get those quests done is not something a sane working man hero can do. It would be ok in that case if they made them weekly quests and rewarding a bit more... it would be easier to get those big fights going. Making them daily is not really a good idea, if there must be pve quests that is

Perhaps having meaningful objectives in the open world for players to battle over would be better solution than PVP dailies in the open world. Such as say allowing a handful of zones to have multi-part objectives that grant individual and faction wide bonus to those that complete & hold those objectives.

Long ago in Rift there a similar mechanic where the factions were suppose to fight over these nodes in the open world. The problem was the nodes had no substantial effect, were ill explained, poorly place and were rather singular. One faction held the node, or didn't.

I always felt the spine of that idea was great- but the implementation sloppy and not conducive to getting Guards and Defiant to duke it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    True. I still remember the same people always camped and ganked people trying to do those quests entire day. Think I managed to do them early in the morning at best... never played enough to max out my gear so I was always ganking friendly. I like the idea that the world is scary, that you perhaps need a group of friends to help you survive out in the world. However since gear grind is so long in this game, spending every day gathering friends to get those quests done is not something a sane working man hero can do. It would be ok in that case if they made them weekly quests and rewarding a bit more... it would be easier to get those big fights going. Making them daily is not really a good idea, if there must be pve quests that is
    Yeah, this is why I really like the idea I have heard mentioned of PvP IA. Then it would only be at the least equal sized groups, if not equally powered, fighting over the objectives. Likely what PvP dailies were meant to be like in the first place.

PVP IA seems great. If it were like a call to arms type mechanic so that PVP in a zone could last a while- and across the zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    PVP IA seems great. If it were like a call to arms type mechanic so that PVP in a zone could last a while- and across the zones.
    Yeah, it would almost be better as zone events, but that popped as soon as enough players queued up for it like with Warftonts. A combination of IA, Warftonts and Zone Events into a World PvP mechanic.