Question about current "Good" DPS in ToT

Our guild just downed Lei-Shin Sunday night and we're getting ready to prepare for heroics. Im just curious as to what people would consider "good" dps going into heroics. Its a relatively new guild so I've yet to begun running logs and plan to start on our next raid night, but on average were all around 520+ iLvl and our DPS consists of WW monk, Hunter, Frost DK, Assassination Rogue, and Shadow Priest. We're all consistently above 100k and I do remember our Lei Shin kill the lowest of the DPS was at 135k, highest was 175k. I know its not alot to go on, but any opinions would be greatly appreciated. TY.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That should be fine for heroic jin'rokh.

Its enough to start Heroics for sure, not alot of DPS tight fights in Heroic modes tbh, its mostly how well u rotate CD's and how the Healing is dealt.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokebleach View Post
    Our guild just downed Lei-Shin Sunday night and we're getting ready to prepare for heroics. Im just curious as to what people would consider "good" dps going into heroics. Its a relatively new guild so I've yet to begun running logs and plan to start on our next raid night, but on average were all around 520+ iLvl and our DPS consists of WW monk, Hunter, Frost DK, Assassination Rogue, and Shadow Priest. We're all consistently above 100k and I do remember our Lei Shin kill the lowest of the DPS was at 135k, highest was 175k. I know its not alot to go on, but any opinions would be greatly appreciated. TY.
    Have fun with all that melee on most of the heroic fights lol

100k+ is the bare minimum, 150k+ is where everyone should be (on something like durumu) 200k+ is nice, but not needed

If you can clear normal your dps is fine at least for the first few heroic bosses youll start on. To be honest having 3 melee may make it a little tougher though, not jin'rokh but other heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you run with any Paladin tanks/healers? If so you'll want to investigate solo tank/debuff reset strats.

Also, try to make sure that one of your healers has a confident/capable/geared dps offspec, comes in handy for certain fights (Horridon heroic for the earliest obvious 2 heal).

Having high DPS tanks such as Monks/Pals/Druids will also help significantly.

Disc priests/fistweaver monks also trivialise dps checks further.

Overall based on the information you've given, your DPS looks solid for starting on heroics, but you are high on melee which will hurt.

Were currently running Paladin/DK tanks and the melee problem is what I've been getting from alot of sources. Im the WW monk but I also was doubling my Elemental shaman for certain fights that favored ranged, so I might just make the full time switch. Thanks for everyones replies.

I'd tell your DK to consider going UH.

Also, I'd highly rec switching to your ele. They aren't insane awesome for most stuff, but they generally will beat out WWs. And if you don't have a Rsham, that's less competition on gear for you and the rogue (and possibly a leather tank, plus hunter for jewelry). And ofc bloodlust if you don't have anyone else providing it.

If you want a good pic of what is good dps, go to raidbots.com to get a basic picture of what people are doing. Don't look at top 100 and realize that if you look at heroic fights, your group should expect to be lower since you won't have the gear the avg person clearing it does.

having 3 melee isnt end of the world, my group ran 3-4 melee on a lot of the fights, it does complicate things a little more like Iron Qon hc , but theres easy ways to fix any issues. My guilds 10hc atm and on our last lei shen kill our highest was 162k dps, at a 5:57 kill time, dps goes down due to transitions of course but if you have dps ending on 175k, then your dps is high enough definantly.

I'd say go in and do jin rokh, it'll die no matter what your dps, you'll most likely fail / wipe due to peoples mistakes on their personal debuff / storm, but you'll kill it with pratice and after that do Ji-Kun, if you do that with time to spare, i suggest Iron Qon 1 tank if you have a pally to remove impale stacks before storm.
    If you can get those 3 down, then Horridon and Tortus are definantly possible in the next week too i.m.o.

10+ Year Old Account
    adapt your strategies to work with your raid comp. having 3 melee is workable, you just have to work it out as a group. that's half the fun imo.
    Hi

On the topic of laughable melee... Wish blizzard would put more thought into assassination. Legit the dumbest, most faceroll spec in the game right now. like 35% of your damage is just from auto attacks and poison.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danarez View Post
    On the topic of laughable melee... Wish blizzard would put more thought into assassination. Legit the dumbest, most faceroll spec in the game right now. like 35% of your damage is just from auto attacks and poison.
    True but that doesn't tell the whole story. They need to keep buffs / debuffs up to get their auto attack dmg high. True Assass is pretty easy really, compared with, say, Subt or something, but to say that it is faceroll just because lots of their dmg is from auto / poisons suggests that you can do great damage as assassination by just right clicking the boss and going AFk - which isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Danarez View Post
    You are doing something wrong then. For Assassination rogues, it should be around 45% or 50% of the damage from Melee and Deadly Poison. Even more laughable.

u got it, just make sure to pop cds

You won't have dps/enrage issues with the first 2 easier bosses (jinrok and jikun), its mostly about ppl learning the mechanics and following up a strat (specially jikun). Once you get more gear from these two guys it should make a lot easier to deal with bosses like Horridon for instance (adds will die faster).

good goo dood

Infracted; Don't spam. (Sonnillon)
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-07-10 at 12:34 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    You are doing something wrong then. For Assassination rogues, it should be around 45% or 50% of the damage from Melee and Deadly Poison. Even more laughable.
    Depends on trinkets and cooldowns and such.

DPS isn't as important for the first couple to three heroic bosses as long as you are over the normal requirement, but when you do durumu and Mageara, you need to bring it lol