Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Buy some pandaria 80-83 weapons/gear and SLAUGHTER EVERYTHING, its quite fun, may cost u bit, but worth it
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    I love WoW but hate everything about levels 1-89. I only have one level 90 which sometimes I get bored of and want to make different classes. But every time I make a new class its fun until I hit around level 80 and then I just burn out and give up because exp gets so slow. I have 3 other classes ranging from 80-87 but just cant make myself quest anymore. How can I make myself finish leveling my alts? Its not that I hate the game and thats why I give up. Its because i detest the leveling process.
    This may sound dumb, and sorry for it. But it's important to not force yourself to level.

For me, a good levelling spirit can come from just having a good transmog to look at while levelling, or levelling a character I enjoy (Mostly tank/healers). Teaming up with people for dungeons sparks better than running alone.

For me, it's more, levelling when it feels like it. When the spark suddenly appears. That is how I don't grow tired or grumpy from levelling, like we see so many other people do on the forums. It's important, I can't say it enough, it's important to not force yourself.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Honestly for me it's all about how fun the class is to play. I'm loving my warrior leveling. Once you find a toon you like to level it's just about getting into the groove. I found mine by downloading WoW-Pro leveling add-on and just following the quests as instructed and killing everything along the way. Before I knew it, my Warrior was level 50 and I loved every minute of it, experiencing quests I never did before and seeing storys play out that I never knew existed.

Get a leveling guide, wow-pro has a free one. it'll speed things up pretty quicklike if you're going from 80-90. I'd clear hyjal pin-to-pin and get 2-3 levels (so 82 or 83) depending on class, heirlooms, etc, go to the highest level zone it'll let me into (likely uldum if you're 83) and you'll be 85 before you finish that.

I recently did 85 to 90 on a DK: did Jade forest to 87, moved straight to kun-lai until 89, then went over to Dread wastes to get some gear/klaxxi rep to 90. didn't take very long. would say I did ~80% of each zone. (maybe 60% of dread wastes, though.)

To give you a timeline: 80-85: ~3 hours of hyjal, ~3 hours of uldum. 85-90: ~4 hours of Jade forest, ~4 hours of kun-lai, ~4 hours of dread wastes. that's probably leaning on the side of caution. I would wager it'd be faster in some parts (hyjal, jade forest) and slower in others (Dread wastes, uldum) just because of how they're laid out.

IMO: 1-60 is the slowest part as you don't have flying until outlands. Once you're out and flying 60-85 is pretty snappy.

The BoA blues found lying around pandaria can also help significantly because of how disproportionaly itemized they are for their min level.

Get a full set of heirloom gear. Play a class that can heal or tank. Level through lfg dungeons. It is mindless, but if you play a tank you can push yourself as to how fast you can go.

If you aren't having fun, then pick a different class.

Deleted
    im leveling my 6th atm, with 4 more around the 45-60 mark. i never run without full heirlooms, but i bought all mine back in wrath anyway. the 85-90 mark is a struggle for me, just because there isn't much i haven't already done several times, but i always try to find new quest chains etc so it doesn't feel exactly the same. also, play a hilarious spec on a pvp server and you have some great fun. had a pally and a warrior come after me when i was questing as a blood dk, was fucking hilarious wearing them down over time and killing them

10+ Year Old Account
    Delete your main, then you have no choice but to level.

It takes me like 2-5 hours just to get to 20, but the pace gets faster after that. Anyone got any tips?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pick goals apart from the "get X character at level 90".
    Possible reasons to level a class:
    -Rogue: free pick locks, unique legendary quest chain! Also needed for Ravenholdt reputation!
    -Paladin: get both Val'anyr and Shadowmourne!
    -Any class: bring to level 80, and go for the Insane!

Something i found interesting is, you may enjoy it more if you start at level 1 on another server, far from your main.

I have max rested exp on my characters but i really can only do a dozen quests before I log. Im wondering if its just better to get drunk and plow through those last 5-6 levels or to take it easy and maybe set a goal of 1 level a week. Also this is the first time I have had this problem. I played 6 characters at level 80 through Wrath and 4 at 85 through Cata. I had no problems leveling even on DPS classes where dungeon spam wasnt an option. Maybe because Wrath questing was just awesome and MoP is below Meh.

Also I started playing Everquest when it first came out and everyone who played the game knows what a retarded grind that was. I could grind for 10-12 hours a day like it was nothing. Now I struggle to get through 10-12 quests. I guess thats the difference between playing at 18 and playing at 33.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Delete your main, then you have no choice but to level.
    I just keep petitioning to have him restored lol I already thought of that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by toychristopher View Post
    Why level alts? If you are bored with your current class what exactly will be different about a new class?
    Because I main a Holy/Disc Priest and sometimes when Im doing BGs I get really tired of being a walking punching bag cause Im everyone's focus target.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2013-07-08 at 10:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Wait for the cash shop and buy experience boosters.
    That most likely isn't even for us or eu.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    I stack up rested exp on my alts and then do dungeons on them. It helps that my main alts are a healer and a tank

Deleted
    Use your familly

I always regretted not having alts before I actually wanted to play one.

Best thing to do is start an alt and keep him in an Inn for the experience buff.
    Every day just queue up for the daily dungeon or BG.
    With full heirlooms of course.

I like leveling, but I hate when I get to level 80-90. What i do is, when I get to 80, i don't play for a bit to get some rested xp. I then play until that xp is done, rinse repeat. Come level 85, you can go up an entire level of rested xp in a short time, finish it, rinse repeat. Not sure if that makes much sense, but it's what i do. So every level I do, it's all rested xp. It means you finish the level way faster..

Getting drunk really helps. Playing with friends. Or just imagining how fun it'll be to play your character at Level 90 and how bad-ass your character will look in end-game sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    I love WoW but hate everything about levels 1-89. I only have one level 90 which sometimes I get bored of and want to make different classes. But every time I make a new class its fun until I hit around level 80 and then I just burn out and give up because exp gets so slow. I have 3 other classes ranging from 80-87 but just cant make myself quest anymore. How can I make myself finish leveling my alts? Its not that I hate the game and thats why I give up. Its because i detest the leveling process.
    Then don't do it, and play your 90. Or, just sub whenever there's a PTR up, and play that.

No point in forcing you to make some if you don't like it. I used to have very few alts until patches like ICC and DS that lasted for close to a year. Now i play them and enjoy it but i made sure they all work together (profession wise) and aren't too redundant witch each other.

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    if you hate level 1-89, you don't really love WoW, just end game activities

I like PvP and raiding neither of which you can do until level 90 and seeing how end game is the only thing that matters in any MMO why should I care about leveling? Anyways finally got my DK to 90. All it took was some percocets. Next might be my shaman or Lock depending on which one looks most OP for PvP come 5.4

Hire a hitman to shoot you if you stop leveling alts.