Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why all the whining?

I keep seeing threads with butthurt tanks crying about dps pulling before them in 5 mans. I even saw one tank go as far as to say they have to "look out for patrols"........

I play a tank as a main. In the current state of 5 mans, if a run is taking you longer than 10-12 minutes, you are doing something wrong. Point blank period. Nobody wants to stay in a 5 man with your terrible ass pulling 1-2 packs at a time when you can literally run from boss to boss and kill it all at once and its hilariously fun and no one will die(unless you're a bad tank)

Point in case, stop whining on forums and get better at the game.

Deleted
    Noticed how your fist thread is just filled with whine.
    Rather Ironic looking at your name, and the title of the thread, but hey what ever.

Only time its a problem when DPS pull is when they either dont bring the mobs to the tank, or that they bitch because I let them die. DPS's job is to do damage

If your main was really a tank you'd post on your main account

Can't really do that with all the casters in Scarlet Monastery. Getting through that one cleanly requires that everyone will cooperate with a LoS pull. If you've got a Hunter or a Warlock, which it seems like every group does now, you can forget it.

last SM run I did which was yesterday took about 8 minutes flat.

10+ Year Old Account
    *shrugs* What is the problem about waiting for the tank to pull then?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

No sigma, my post was not a whine but an observation of the "why are people so impatient" thread. If people like you, who cannot distinguish between genuine whining and people pointing something out then it's no surprise the playerbase has degenerated into the disaster we see today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time I am in a dungeon as a tank, I pull smaller amount of mobs and do nothing to avoid damage (as long as possible). After this smaller pack I have an idea what kind of healer is responsible for our lives. If everything is ok, I pull like a mad man then. If something is wrong (it still happens), then I try to play safe. ... Azeroth would be much better place without players with ego issues, who feel obsessed to show how awesome they are.
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

10+ Year Old Account
    I still point at the main part, what's wrong with just letting the tank do his/hers job?

This is not CM modes I understand on it all, so, where's the general problem really? Let the tank do his job, and you do yours.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by StopYourWhining View Post
    No sigma, my post was not a whine but an observation of the "why are people so impatient" thread. If people like you, who cannot distinguish between genuine whining and people pointing something out then it's no surprise the playerbase has degenerated into the disaster we see today.
    Not super rude, or anything.. >_>
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

I keep seeing threads with butthurt tanks crying about dps pulling before them in 5 mans. I even saw one tank go as far as to say they have to "look out for patrols"........

I play a tank as a main. In the current state of 5 mans, if a run is taking you longer than 10-12 minutes, you are doing something wrong. Point blank period. Nobody wants to stay in a 5 man with your terrible ass pulling 1-2 packs at a time when you can literally run from boss to boss and kill it all at once and its hilariously fun and no one will die(unless you're a bad tank)

Point in case, stop whining on forums and get better at the game.
    OP please leave through the door you came in and actually do some bloody tanking. thank You.

i play tank as OS, know what? I don't do LFD anymore, BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU.

here is a break down for you OP, as you obisly do not get or understand the roles of a group.

Tank= makes sure the mobs are targeting him/her and nobody else, takes all the dmgs(more or less)
    healers = keeps the tank and occasionaly the group alive but primarly the tank.
    DpS= Deals damage to the mobs and watches out for incoming group damage(from boss/trash), self healing if possible.

now Heroics in Mists of Pandaria OP is a LEARNING CURVE, thus it might very well be a undergeared tank or undergeared healer, and by undergeared I mean Newely leveld 90, i know what your thinking..OP "but it's so easy gearing now it's stupid!" no..it's not that easy to gear up as people THINK IT IS. want to know something? my guild recently recruited a new player, completely green to world of warcraft, he never played a MMO before, he got yelled at by a dungeon pug while we were getting him through the dungeon, as soon as we defended the guy, we got yelled at by the pug(4/5 was guild members) we told the pug camly that the tank was new to the game, and this was the pugs respond. "stupid idiot, hes so bad that he should not be playing this game, i don't have time with this" and he started pulling trash and DIED because our healer refused at this point to heal him.

yeh..There is new people coming into the game, OP so they got to learn, how do they learn? they do LFD. why? cause thats the easiest way to learn.. they don't need someone like your self yelling at them:PULL FASTER GO GO GO GO GO.

and as Sigma did point out, your POSt is filled with whine.
    oh and a hint for you OP, to get better at the game, they need to learn..and where do they do that? LOOKING FOR GROUP.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is my biggest gripe when playing my tank classes. I main a hunter currently for raids, but do pugs w/friends and do 5 mans with 2 other lvl 90 tank specced classes; a pally and a bear. When dps pull before me, or dont even let me hit mobs before they do, I ask politely for them not to do that again. If they persist, I send a tell to the healer, telling them watch out and heal at their own discretion on the dps puller in question. I prefer to take the extra 10-15 secs it may require to be sure my healer is ready, has a bit of mana etc, before pulling new mobs or pulling extra packs of trash etc. If I see my healer / dps are geared and able to take it, I am happy to chain pull.... otherwise, I adjust to the type of group I have been given and pull appropriately. The impatient dps that cannot or will not respect that can find another tank, or eat the floor.
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    *shrugs* What is the problem about waiting for the tank to pull then?
    some tanks are slow as fuck even when there is no reason (aka their or the healers gear) for them to be slow

in b4 "omg people just rush, back in my days we took a 10 min break before every pull!!!1"
    no one gives a fuck about the old days, the meta game atm is as it is and people need to adapt to it not being stuck in 2007
    Last edited by Enosh; 2013-07-11 at 11:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    OP please leave through the door you came in and actually do some bloody tanking. thank You.

i play tank as OS, know what? I don't do LFD anymore, BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU.

here is a break down for you OP, as you obisly do not get or understand the roles of a group.

Tank= makes sure the mobs are targeting him/her and nobody else, takes all the dmgs(more or less)
    healers = keeps the tank and occasionaly the group alive but primarly the tank.
    DpS= Deals damage to the mobs and watches out for incoming group damage(from boss/trash), self healing if possible.

now Heroics in Mists of Pandaria OP is a LEARNING CURVE, thus it might very well be a undergeared tank or undergeared healer, and by undergeared I mean Newely leveld 90, i know what your thinking..OP "but it's so easy gearing now it's stupid!" no..it's not that easy to gear up as people THINK IT IS. want to know something? my guild recently recruited a new player, completely green to world of warcraft, he never played a MMO before, he got yelled at by a dungeon pug while we were getting him through the dungeon, as soon as we defended the guy, we got yelled at by the pug(4/5 was guild members) we told the pug camly that the tank was new to the game, and this was the pugs respond. "stupid idiot, hes so bad that he should not be playing this game, i don't have time with this" and he started pulling trash and DIED because our healer refused at this point to heal him.

yeh..There is new people coming into the game, OP so they got to learn, how do they learn? they do LFD. why? cause thats the easiest way to learn.. they don't need someone like your self yelling at them:PULL FASTER GO GO GO GO GO.

and as Sigma did point out, your POSt is filled with whine.
    oh and a hint for you OP, to get better at the game, they need to learn..and where do they do that? LOOKING FOR GROUP.
    This is what I imagined my answer would have been, then I read the OP's post again and my head was just, "Can't really be bothered with this clown". But OP, if you follow this thread still - this guy made the best lay out of an answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    You give a bad name to tanks, OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    some tanks are slow as fuck even when there is no reason (aka their or the healers gear) for them to be slow

in b4 omg people just rush back in my days we took a 10 min break before every pull!!!1"
    no one gives a fuck about the old days, the meta game atm is as it is and people need to adapt to it not being stuck in 2007
    Hmm... 10 minutes before pulls? Even as a troll example, that's bad, go to your cave.

I am pointing out, even a 5 man dungeon, if it's not CM - then do your job and hit stuff after the tank pulls. A tank can be slow due to gear (yes) or lack of experience. He shouldn't be punished by having some scrub that thinks he's better than him just because he's better geared/played more or just a prick.

Sorry, but in the end, the tanks job is to be sure to take the dmg as a previous post pointed out to people. If you don't like the pace, TOUGH LUCK. You didn't sign as a tank, so you take the job there is.

Yes, people need to "adapt" but that still demands learning. So, some ninja pulling prick will ruin alot of the learning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calculating View Post
    If your main was really a tank you'd post on your main account

This

OT, Tanks want to feel special, face it, unless you have a good healer, you need the tank. It makes their head big knowing they are needed.

Me, Im a healer, before I was geared I didnt like people pulling shit either, once I was geared I encouraged everyone to pull, it made it more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    A tank can be slow due to gear (yes) or lack of experience.
    like said, I don't have problems with undergeared tank being slow (elv ui shows ilvl when you mouse over someone and hold down shift), it's when they can pull more but don't that it bothers me

experience granted this one is a bit harder to figure out since it isn't a simple number indication

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    This

OT, Tanks want to feel special, face it, unless you have a good healer, you need the tank. It makes their head big knowing they are needed.

Me, Im a healer, before I was geared I didnt like people pulling shit either, once I was geared I encouraged everyone to pull, it made it more fun.
    Hmm.. I don't see tanks being the big headed. It's more DPS becoming too cocky as they think they are getting good geared, that is where it'll become a bad dungeon for some.

I tend to let the DPS die if they pull, because I normally don't run HC dungeons, or normal dungeons at 90 - unless I'm helping someone gear (which is mostly a tank or healer gearing). So, if a DPS keeps ninja pulling, then he/she can actually discurage some tanks.

Besiddes, nothing feel better than having a cocky DPS die.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    like said, I don't have problems with undergeared tank being slow (elv ui shows ilvl when you mouse over someone and hold down shift), it's when they can pull more but don't that it bothers me

experience granted this one is a bit harder to figure out since it isn't a simple number indication
    ilvl can be misinforming too though. As it could be a recent reroll of specc - happens too.

But, it's just the whole part of my mind, hating people that rush on people for no reason.

No, you are complaining in a very childish fashion - whining.

If you weren't, you would have phrased this entire thread very, very differently.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."