Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    With some help from Salty, I've updated the Monk Energy Regen Spreadsheet with the latest build. Numbers should be more accurate and closer to what Salty is coming up with.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing

Deleted
    Wasn't really a huge fan of a whole spec being based around Rune trinket. I'm glad it's getting changed so we're not completely reliant around Tigereye Brew.
    Last edited by mmoccec923c778; 2013-07-16 at 09:39 PM.

Expel Harm + 90% healing from mastery = 150k + damage to nearby enemy... a heck of a replacement for jab when you're taking damage (since Expel Harm damage does not work with overhealing)...

Deleted
    I don't know why, but i have this bad feeling..something about a nerf because of PvP >_> ... <_< .... >_> call me paranoid, but we are not exactly the favorites of the Devs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocopop View Post
    Wasn't really a huge fan of a whole spec being based around Rune trinket. I'm glad it's getting changed so we're not completely reliant around Tigereye Brew.
    I don't think anyone liked it being based on a trinket, The variation in DPS just shows current users with rune losing DPS and people w/o or w/rune that don't use it properly will come up in DPS. This change is also going to reduce the skill cap for the spec as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Karrados View Post
    I don't know why, but i have this bad feeling..something about a nerf because of PvP >_> ... <_< .... >_> call me paranoid, but we are not exactly the favorites of the Devs.
    Yeah I'm just hoping they are cool with us being OP for the last patch of the expansion, since a new class really needs some time in the sun or no one will ever get excited about any new class if one is introduced in the future. They are already having trouble making people roll monks, no one will roll a new class in future expansion if monks end up having such a mediocre first expansion.

Agree. Some of the new changes will make WW ridiculously OP for PVP. I think there is still some adjustments to come.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    Expel Harm + 90% healing from mastery = 150k + damage to nearby enemy... a heck of a replacement for jab when you're taking damage (since Expel Harm damage does not work with overhealing)...
    Take the new expel glyph and heal the tank if you're not taking damage. Should replace jab pretty much on cooldown. I'm curious if Expel does now or will double dip tigereye brew's buff now that its damage and healing.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    Take the new expel glyph and heal the tank if you're not taking damage. Should replace jab pretty much on cooldown. I'm curious if Expel does now or will double dip tigereye brew's buff now that its damage and healing.
    I didn't notice double dipping on the ptr, it seemed to be working normally. But yeah, as it stands currently, the new Expel Harm glyph is going to be mandatory for max PvE dps. You can get some absurd Expel Harms in full raid buffs, replacing a jab every 15 seconds with some pretty strong 200K+ hits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    Agree. Some of the new changes will make WW ridiculously OP for PVP. I think there is still some adjustments to come.
    Yeah I just hope they make up their mind soon so that we don't have to deal with last-minute bandaids for an entire patch. It's just so hard to nerf PvP damage without hurting PvE, due to the way monks work, I can maybe see them doing something like making Mastery only give you 5% damage and healing per stack in bgs and arenas.
    Last edited by Tangra; 2013-07-17 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    This is what happens when you raise the floor of a class, but lower the ceiling. Rune made part of the monk power it's scaling which obviously made the gap between pvp damage and pve damage large based on trinkets and Ilvl. They buffed the spec to compensate for it's now poor scaling, but pvp WW always scaled poor to begin with.

They also keep making changes to our single target healing power:
    The TeB healing change has extremely small impact in a large raid environment, but when you are healing only 3 people it's very noticeable. Same goes with expel Harm glyph.

I'm honestly not sure how much Blizzard thinks these changes through.

Deleted
    yeah, i was disappointed too often regarding the Monk, the Pve Nerf because of PvP Will happen, no question. i call it already.

It's quite sad, The Monk is the only class i really love... During BC/Wotlk i was playing on my Druid..he was ok but i missed something.. Cata: Enhancer shaman.. something was missing, and then there was the Monk... oh god i loved it. I don't want to be a pathetic weakling because of Pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    Honestly, if the Expel Harm glyph goes live and allows us to cast it upon another raid member, it may become almost a requirement for WW just because of how well EH will scale.

The only downside is that it doesn't proc Combo Breaker - which, with our 2set, might weaken it a bit (though, I'd say not too much... we'll see)

Currently that Expel Harm glyph is active on the PTR, it merely replaced the old one that was terrible and nobody in their right mind used. So we'll see if they decide that they want to alter it further, though my guess is they'll keep it as is. They want us to heal as utility, and by god they're going to make us heal.

well, from my pov, roro+ our mastery was broken. they fixed it. so now roro is not going to be bis until we can get an ilvl 750 trinket -.-
    seriously though. as a pvp player stacking mostly crit and gemming mastery, i get about 40% crit and 40% dmg from 10 stacks, while more or less ignoring haste. now i can gem some haste and more or less ignore mastery and get a 75% dmg boost, wich will significanlty improve the burst i can do in pvp. so for me it's a huge buff unless they fuck it up somehow. in pve i guess you will be enjoying some more mastery to keep the uptime on tigereye but in pvp i'm not so much concerned about the uptime as i am of the effectiveness when i'm able to use it. but i'm kinda curious about if they are thinking about giving us more stacks from chi brew now that we need 15 instead of 10, would make sense to increase from 2 to 3 atleast. i'm positiv about the change anyway

Deleted
    We should just wait they change so much so fast that we cant tell what will be in live server and what not.