Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hursey View Post
    Still, to me it still looks like it's going to be pretty much a mandatory talent for resto. not sure how numbers stack up and what not, but at this stage, I can't see reason not to take it. After all effectively dropping HST on CD now, so why not have it doing twice the healing to twice as many targets.
    I won't choose it to don't lose HTT, I will definitely choose AG to have 3 healing CDs for the whole raid. I think every shaman spec will choose AG as well. So I think this new talent might change soon PTR to not replace HTT.

Quote Originally Posted by kachicho View Post
    I won't choose it to don't lose HTT, I will definitely choose AG to have 3 healing CDs for the whole raid. I think every shaman spec will choose AG as well. So I think this new talent might change soon PTR to not replace HTT.
    You're assuming you will lose HTT, which we aren't sure of yet. Confusion in wording FTL.

You will have Healing Tide Totem and this new totem. Its replacing our blank tier talent, which used to be Healing Tide Totem.

Resto will have both available.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrysteel View Post
    You will have Healing Tide Totem and this new totem. Its replacing our blank tier talent, which used to be Healing Tide Totem.

Resto will have both available.
    Thanks for this. Source though?

Chasz, you're making me /facepalm pretty hard at this point. Please follow the damn link in my very first post, and learn how to read, before responding to threads. Since I figure you'd struggle with something that simple though, here's the exact quote from the page.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=216425/5...dated-july-8th

New Talent: Rushing Streams. This new talent replaces Healing Tide Totem, increases healing done by Healing Stream Totem by 100%, and causes the totem to heal 2 targets at once.
    Healing Tide Totem is no longer a talent and is a baseline ability for all Shamans. Additionally, this totem will now heal 12 raid members (up from 5) when used in a 25-player instance. now heals for 50% more.

The HTT news has been out for a while. Can't make this any easier for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kachicho View Post
    You as well, please stop posting without reading.

Erm no, you're still not getting it. And I can't be bothered to explain anymore, someone else do the honors please.

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Chasz, you're making me /facepalm pretty hard at this point. Please follow the damn link in my very first post, and learn how to read, before responding to threads. Since I figure you'd struggle with something that simple though, here's the exact quote from the page.

New Talent: Rushing Streams. This new talent replaces Healing Tide Totem, increases healing done by Healing Stream Totem by 100%, and causes the totem to heal 2 targets at once.
    Healing Tide Totem is no longer a talent and is a baseline ability for all Shamans. Additionally, this totem will now heal 12 raid members (up from 5) when used in a 25-player instance. now heals for 50% more.

The HTT news has been out for a while.

- - - Updated - - -

You as well, please stop posting without reading.
    As well as the fact that if it worked like Earthgrab then HTT would be replaced with some spell probably called Rushing Streams.
    If it just removed HTT to buff HST it wouldn't say replaces, because nothing was given in it's place it would just be gone to buff something we already have. It would probably say something like removes HTT to buff HST if that had been the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't replace healing tide totem, simply because if it did, it would be a throughput decrease and there would be no reason to take it.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Chasz View Post
    Erm no, you're still not getting it. And I can't be bothered to explain anymore, someone else do the honors please.
    Alright, can the mentally handicapped/illiterate please stay out of this thread?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    It doesn't replace healing tide totem, simply because if it did, it would be a throughput decrease and there would be no reason to take it.
    HTT is now baseline instead of a talent. Rushing Streams is the new talent. Is this concept really that difficult for you to grasp? Read. The. Link.

[Infracted]

Keep it clean, folks, there's no need to start insulting each other.
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-07-09 at 03:44 AM.

I can see what you're saying, but if you've seen changes from past patch notes there is nothing ambiguous about this as well as the way you are trying to interpret the news just doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    So first part, RS replaces HTT. RS buffs HST. (This is a description of a change, it is not the tool tip for the talent.)
    Second part HTT is now baseline.

This is a typical way that changes are reported, especially in this order.
    This talent replaces the HTT talent.
    We gave you HTT as baseline.

And I've already explained why the other interpretation makes no sense.
    The way that talent is setup to work, it would not read replaces HTT because there is nothing replacing it. You aren't getting anything in place of HTT, it is just buffing HST. It would read something like removes HTT if it did what you are purposing it may mean.

Though it's possible it's a typo or an over sight I find it unlikely since we already knew HTT was being replaced and that interpretation actually fits the verbiage as well as the way past patch notes have been written when replacing something that was made baseline.

While the wording is perhaps a tiny bit ambiguous Chasz, I think you'd be safe to assume you won't be losing HTT if you take this. No, I cannot confirm it. Blizzard being ambiguous in their wording is hardly a first, but very rarely are they trying to sneak something bad past you on purpose.

On topic, I like it from a performance point of view. Gameplay wise? It's going to change nothing. Synergy with Call of the Elements should be interesting. I'll probably take it most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw, the 50% buff to HTT is crossed out... what a pity. I really feel like, that especially enh in Arena could have used this buff. Currently ticks like 10k ish. As for the new totem, i really like the idea, restos will take it (pvp wise), not sure what enh will take. The new one in 3s, AG maybe in double dps 2s.

The wording could be interpreted to mean that taking the talent will replace Healing tide totem in your spell book, and also buff HST. However, common sense suggests that is not the case. Why would it replace HTT in your spellbook but not do anything to alter it? Clearly, they meant that it takes HTTs position on the talent tree, not in the spell book. I can see why some would be confused by the wording though.

Anyway, on topic, The only "downside" that I see is that Resto's pretty much use HST on CD, and there's times where the only person taking damage is the tank. In those situations, the 2nd target will get healed for nothing, meaning the talent is "only" giving you a dbl strength HST as opposed to a 4x.

Quote Originally Posted by Wataurenyew View Post
    I can see what you're saying, but if you've seen changes from past patch notes there is nothing ambiguous about this as well as the way you are trying to interpret the news just doesn't make sense.

So first part, RS replaces HTT. RS buffs HST. (This is a description of a change, it is not the tool tip for the talent.)
    Second part HTT is now baseline.

This is a typical way that changes are reported, especially in this order.
    This talent replaces the HTT talent.
    We gave you HTT as baseline.

And I've already explained why the other interpretation makes no sense.
    The way that talent is setup to work, it would not read replaces HTT because there is nothing replacing it. You aren't getting anything in place of HTT, it is just buffing HST. It would read something like removes HTT if it did what you are purposing it may mean.

Though it's possible it's a typo or an over sight I find it unlikely since we already knew HTT was being replaced and that interpretation actually fits the verbiage as well as the way past patch notes have been written when replacing something that was made baseline.
    Finally a good response! Thanks for this.

Just so you know, I'm not choosing to interpret it one way over another. I just felt it's important to point out that there is some ambiguity involved due to the way the changes were worded.

In fact, if you took a look at the official PTR forums, people are discussing that the change could be:

1. Heals 2 targets for 100% of the current HST healing
    2. Heals 2 targets for 200% of the current HST healing but you lose HTT by taking this talent

Also, if it heals 2 targets instead of one, Glyph of Healing Stream Totem will be hugely attractive.

You guys don't know what "replace" means? If you pick rushing totems you lose healing tide totem (the new baseline one) for a buffed healing stream, it works in the same way as mindbender "replaces" shadowfiend aka you lose shadowfiend and gain mindbender, it is pretty much self-explanatory.

Will any changes be made to the current T15 2p set for Resto if/when these changes go live? If not, how will the current 2p bonus interact with Rushing Streams?

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    You guys don't know what "replace" means? If you pick rushing totems you lose healing tide totem (the new baseline one) for a buffed healing stream, it works in the same way as mindbender "replaces" shadowfiend aka you lose shadowfiend and gain mindbender, it is pretty much self-explanatory.
    This isn't necessarily true and will need to be confirmed. Many people subscribe to the idea that it's simply a replacement of the gap left on the talent tree with HTT becoming baseline.

Edit:
    And I think we should move on from saying it's one instead of the other. No one can really know until we have access to the PTR. We should discuss possible implications from BOTH perspectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Nope, it doesn't

Cool name, bit lame of an effect though.