Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    You guys don't know what "replace" means? If you pick rushing totems you lose healing tide totem (the new baseline one) for a buffed healing stream, it works in the same way as mindbender "replaces" shadowfiend aka you lose shadowfiend and gain mindbender, it is pretty much self-explanatory.
    That isn't the same thing as Shadowfiend - Mindbender. Mindbender directly replaces Shadowfiend when you take the talent - a 1 for 1 swap. Healing Stream Totem and Healing Tide Totem are two different spells, so if what you suspect is true, you would be losing both Healing Stream and Healing Tide for the upgraded Healing Stream Totem.

Dang, why buff elementals? they are very OP and its getting kinda boring face rolling noobs.

On the other hand, great buffs for resto!

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    You guys don't know what "replace" means? If you pick rushing totems you lose healing tide totem (the new baseline one) for a buffed healing stream, it works in the same way as mindbender "replaces" shadowfiend aka you lose shadowfiend and gain mindbender, it is pretty much self-explanatory.
    It is replacing the older TALENT, and the talent's ability is now BASELINE. What is with the confusion over this? The persistent misinformation is making me grind my teeth down.

I just asked Rygarius via twitter about the override issue: https://twitter.com/Rygarius/status/354455814032994305

Healing Tide Totem is no longer a talent; in its place is a new talent called Rushing Stream. Hope that clarifies.
    And when I pointed out that the wording of "replaces HTT" is a bit ambigous:
    I'll double check the wording for that when I get back in tomorrow.
    It does indeed look like picking Rushing Stream does *not* override HTT like Earth Grab Totem does with Earth Bind.
    Last edited by eyrie; 2013-07-09 at 04:38 AM.
    "A raid is when a bunch of people who play the game too much get together to play the game some more"

Quote Originally Posted by Xanda View Post
    Good for resto, but i guess enha and ele will still prefer AG.
    AG? PvP it's always been useless, but in PvE it is useful. However, the new Healing Stream talent would top it for sure.

Thank you for this! The talent looks to be extremely attractive for spread healing fights in this case, particularly in its synergy with Call of the Elements.

I think there could be some balancing issues depending on how this works with the 2pc T15 though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boring talent, but it sounds effective.

Deleted
    If you think this is a step in the right direction you're most probably right.

If you think this will fix our spread healing output problems, you're a fucking moron.

We don't need any more STEPS in the right direction, we need a fucking LEAP in the right direction to put our SPREAD-HEALING toolkit inline with other healers. end of story

And a really bizarre change to CH..

Edit: actually after a moment i figured, there could be some synergy between a more powerful CH and the 2s glyph of chaining.
    Last edited by mmocf17d6adc2f; 2013-07-09 at 07:10 AM.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I heard you liked Healing Tide, so we make a talent for Healing Stream that will make it feel like Healing Tide

- - - Updated - - -

The new talent, is it passive or on use?
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Seems interesting, but what is cool is that we get an extra healing spell to tinker with, now that HTT is permanent for all shamans. Can't complain about that.

Edit: nvm, ignore
    Last edited by Sweetimpact; 2013-07-09 at 07:56 AM.

nice. heals for my whole team that take 0 effort to use.. more passive healing was just what this game needed.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Dang, why buff elementals? they are very OP and its getting kinda boring face rolling noobs.

On the other hand, great buffs for resto!
    That will depend on how much less healing rain will heal for if we are stacked up.

Increasing the circumference by 2 yards isn't really enough. Removing the heal penalty on chain heal is interesting however, and should help somewhat, would have helped more if they had increased the range of the jumps though.

The change to our HST with the Rushing Streams talent is something I would like to test though.

Deleted
    No one else notice the massive nerf bat to Healing Tide for Resto?

Couple of PTR patches ago they made it so HTT healed for 50% more for all specs and they removed the additional gain from purification.

Now they just removed the 50% more healing and did not change purification back again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope this doesnt change from now til live 5.4 can see talent being really strong on consist elemental dmg fights like jin rok and meg where u can have 2 10% dmg reduc on party(if u have glyph ofc) as well as 100% inc heals

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I heard you liked Healing Tide, so we make a talent for Healing Stream that will make it feel like Healing Tide
    With just lfr gear, atm my healing stream heals 1 target for 25k (2nd for 6k with 2 piece bonus) and my healing tide is 5 targets for 35k each. With the new talent, healing stream becomes 2 targets for 50k each (3rd for 12.5k ?). While HTT is obviously better for group situations, its not actually much better in 10s... Over 4 seconds, HST will heal 4 people for 50k and a 5th for 25k (vaguely... some of that healing may be assigned to the same person, if they're still the lowest hp), as compared to HTT healing 5 for ~70k.

Given the lengthy cooldown on HTT, HST being 2/3 as effective is pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    AG? PvP it's always been useless, but in PvE it is useful. However, the new Healing Stream talent would top it for sure.
    Not sure about that. One ice lance and it's gone. Same reason SBT's not popular in pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    No one else notice the massive nerf bat to Healing Tide for Resto?

Couple of PTR patches ago they made it so HTT healed for 50% more for all specs and they removed the additional gain from purification.

Now they just removed the 50% more healing and did not change purification back again.
    *gasp* you're right....

Deleted
    Just to clarify for all shamans.

You don't lose HTT when using the rushing streams talent.

(The wording is only meant for the talent segment (means rushing streams fills the talent spot that was occupated by htt before)).

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    With just lfr gear, atm my healing stream heals 1 target for 25k (2nd for 6k with 2 piece bonus) and my healing tide is 5 targets for 35k each. With the new talent, healing stream becomes 2 targets for 50k each (3rd for 12.5k ?). While HTT is obviously better for group situations, its not actually much better in 10s... Over 4 seconds, HST will heal 4 people for 50k and a 5th for 25k (vaguely... some of that healing may be assigned to the same person, if they're still the lowest hp), as compared to HTT healing 5 for ~70k.

Given the lengthy cooldown on HTT, HST being 2/3 as effective is pretty amazing.
    the talent is gonna get tested and nerfed to the ground in the next week, HST is already boring, noninteractive, extremely powerful smart healing that does about 10% of our output, giving it 300% increase in output is absolutely ridiculous. the talent itself will provide way way more output that HTT ever had. I expect the 100% increased healing part cut out, so HST just heals two targets instead of one.