Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    From todays datamined files:

Major Glyphs
    Glyph of the Lean Pack now reduces the radius of Aspect of the Pack by 33 yards, up from 7.

srsly what the fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Janysa View Post

Major Glyphs
    Glyph of the Lean Pack now reduces the radius of Aspect of the Pack by 33 yards, up from 7.

srsly what the fuck?
    Lets have my small group of people run fast to this next area without hindering potentially the entire raid.

My small group of people, in the raidenvironment, that will for sure not get any damage during that time?
    Sorry, can't see something useful here.

Not the greatest examples but:

Lei Shen transitions
    Running to the pool on Jinrohk
    Turning Double Swipe

Think a little bit, there's a use for it.

"But there are adds hitting people and a raidwide damage pulse on the raid"

Don't use it then.. just possible circumstances for what it 'can' be used. And toggle on and off when it's appropriate obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post

Lei Shen transitions
    Turning Double Swipe

Don't use it then.. just possible circumstances for what it 'can' be used. And toggle on and off when it's appropriate obviously.
    why don't just use Aspect of the Cheetah?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lei Shen transitions wouldn't need it at all because unglyphed works just as well. I wouldn't bother using it on Jin'rokh when you can control precisely where the pool will be and everyone can be just outside the stun radius ready to jump in. Double Swipe? No thanks on 2nd-4th door.

Sure you can pick your brain and come up with an odd usage case, but really is a pretty terrible glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Obviously my DPS fell after the first phase and didn't rise much with the shas coming out either...I didn't really pad on them, though we were potentially going to try a kite/AoE strat later.

Also I finally bothered to load up Method's video...they do have ranged DPS doing direct damage to weapons later on. They actually have way more ranged paying attention to it than my group did at the same point.

I'm surprised they didn't do P1 like us. Since the weapon/desecrations didn't really do that much damage and P1 is not very hectic, we just had the tanks sit on top of weapons and AoE'd them down with the rest of the adds.

I just don't see why everyone's crying about the status of hunters right now. When our warlock wasn't jumping the gun and pulling Orgrimmar Faithful all over the place on H-Nazgrim, I was by far the highest burst AoE DPS on that too (as BM this time.) We didn't have an Elemental Shaman, but I was bursting to almost 4M DPS as long as the adds got properly grouped for Beast Cleave. That initial AoE burst kept me on top overall throughout the encounter. The only thing I hated about that fight is how quickly a rooted assassin can kill a pet...whenever I got the mark, I actually stood there and tanked the assassin when it was rooted just so my pet could DPS it without dying. Heh.

Likewise on H-Dark Shaman, BM was highly competitive with any other single/low target spec. SV wasn't far behind and had some utility like being able to root the oozes.
    We're great at clustered burst aoe dps. It's just that outside of that we don't have many options besides 'keep SS on everything'.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    We're great at clustered burst aoe dps. It's just that outside of that we don't have many options besides 'keep SS on everything'.
    I don't see the problem. Are you saying everyone should be as effective as warlocks and shadow priests at multidotting?

Deleted
    I don't see the problem. Are you saying everyone should be as effective as warlocks and shadow priests at multidotting?
    No, they shouldn't be as effective as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Janysa View Post

Major Glyphs

srsly what the fuck?
    That is the most incredibly asinine major glyph I have seen (I'm not one to complain, I'm usually optimistic). We have to sacrifice a major glyph to even have that (I'd rather have disengage + something else) and then we have to go out of our aspect with 25% of our attack power for it to even be worth it. I would never even think about using that glyph in a raid setting.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    another stupid build, wondering when are they gonna buff signatures

We don't have any notable utility and are unable to perform well in any situation that is not.... well just not lei shen. A lot of single target with sporadic burst aoe.

If a situation outside these emerges, and you have a choice between x class and us, assuming equal competency, you'd take x class.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    That is the most incredibly asinine major glyph I have seen (I'm not one to complain, I'm usually optimistic). We have to sacrifice a major glyph to even have that (I'd rather have disengage + something else) and then we have to go out of our aspect with 25% of our attack power for it to even be worth it. I would never even think about using that glyph in a raid setting.
    Pretty sure that's them trying to give us utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post

Lei Shen transitions
    Turning Double Swipe

I have two major issues with this.

1) Major glyph. Absolutely not worth the slot for being that situational.

2) Warlock portals exist.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

That glyph is retarded... only time I use AoTP in raids is running back for a wipe. Beyond that you get yelled at lol.
    Last edited by Puerto; 2013-08-02 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mokuton View Post
    another stupid build, wondering when are they gonna buff signatures
    I kept seeing, several weeks ago, "It's ok, you guys are over reacting, they said they'd buff us!" and in the last few days, Lore shortly saying they don't know what to do yet. It'd be slightly easier to swallow if he'd been a bit kinder about it. He seems low on patience. But, my point is that the blind optimism of "They said they would!" seems to be waning (personally, I never had it).

They always buff us, but its just not enough, they need to buff our Scaling, make mastery a good stat for all the specs, doubling mastery value for SV or MM won't harm any1, it won't make SV op but will make it scale well. unless they buff our scaling i really don't see Hunter shine anytime soon...

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohai View Post
    No, they shouldn't be as effective as they are.
    I sort of agree with that, but at least for shadowpriests their multidotting advantage comes at the disadvantage of being near the bottom in single-target DPS.

My hunter is only 86 but I think lean pack should take away the damage component. The idea is make the radius small (so that it's hard to stay in it), but if you can you get the buff with no chance of stun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    With the 60sec debuff on clicking lock portals, it might be a last resort at most.
    Still doesn't cost a major glyph slot to use a portal.

For the record, I can't think of a situation in ToT where we need to use portals twice within 60 seconds. Absolutely not for Lei Shen transitions or getting people out of the tornado area during Iron Qon.

The best use of Warlock portals I've ever seen in game was to create a quick highway between Blacksmith and Lumbermill in RBGs; and a 60 second debuff wouldn't have been a problem there either. Infinitely better than this stupid Hunter glyph.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Still doesn't cost a major glyph slot to use a portal.

For the record, I can't think of a situation in ToT where we need to use portals twice within 60 seconds. Absolutely not for Lei Shen transitions or getting people out of the tornado area during Iron Qon.

The best use of Warlock portals I've ever seen in game was to create a quick highway between Blacksmith and Lumbermill in RBGs; and a 60 second debuff wouldn't have been a problem there either. Infinitely better than this stupid Hunter glyph.
    25 man lei shen heroic P3 uses lock portals every 30 seconds to place thunderstrucks further away.