Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    No one is happy about Dash being free now?
    Maybe it's the lack of exiting changes for the past... couple of months but I was honestly very happy seeing that they removed the focus cost from it. I guess they finally realize that Hunters aren't using it anymore because of it's silly cost.

Baby steps guys, faster target switching sounds like a good change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Heh, you should read what Leorina wrote just below that blue post.

Lean Pack "buffed" wooooooooo!

It's almost like they're encouraging us to question their sanity.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    That is a pretty good change. It is now an indirect dps increase to use it. I'm probably just going to have it on auto use since they'll use it whenever they need it.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

I don't trust the dash change until it's up on the official patch notes, anything until then is just a coding error

Deleted
    General

• The following Hunter pet abilities no longer cost Focus to use: Dash, Dive, and Charge.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/101...ust_2-8_2_2013

* Shadow Word: Death damage is now increased by 80% when used on enemies that have less than 20% health, but the cooldown is no longer reset if the target does not die.
    I can be wrong but Shadow Word: Death was the same as killshot.
    Why they don't do this to kill shot ?

Quote Originally Posted by Athanair View Post
    * Shadow Word: Death damage is now increased by 80% when used on enemies that have less than 20% health, but the cooldown is no longer reset if the target does not die.
    Because they're too busy coming up with fantastic glyph ideas like reducing the range of your aspect of the pack. Don't worry, they've got this.

edit: It's funny actually, I posted what is basically that shadow priest glyph as a baseline suggestion for killshot, that the two shots just be rolled together. The glyph is probably a more balanced "get something, lose something" idea - in that you gain a GCD but lose 20% of a killshots damage, but it's great that spriests got it first.

(was on PTR forum so the actual link no longer exists)

It's really hard to keep faith in the hunter development team when they are making Lean Pack over... stuff that we'd actually use.
    Last edited by Spiralphoenix; 2013-08-03 at 04:59 PM.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Deleted
    Question is - do SPs have any filler they can cast instead additional SW: D? This glyph exchange 20% damage for one GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsoni View Post
    Question is - do SPs have any filler they can cast instead additional SW: D? This glyph exchange 20% damage for one GCD.
    I don't think it's a glyph.

Oh derp, got so caught up in a glyph idea that I saw it as a glyph for some reason, yeah the SW: D thing looks baseline...
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Deleted
    Spriests at the moment get a shadow orb from the 1st of the 2 SW: D's they cast but the damage is too low to actually bother casting the second one. If they could they wouldn't even cast the 1st one but since shadow orbs are needed for Devouring Plague and Mind Flay: Insanity it's actually worth it.

Deleted
    On top of what Meraned said, they might just be trying out the idea so they can extend it to Kill Shot if it works out. But to be honest if I was one of the developers I would be scared to death to take that exact change and apply it to Kill Shot. You know the community will see it as ''Oh my god, Kill Shot now does 20% less damage and this will reduce the skillcap! First Readiness now this! Rabblerabblerabble!''.

10+ Year Old Account
    Roughly doubling Kill Shot's damage would make it too strong for PvP, they'd have to separate the 2 formulas.

Deleted
    I'm not 100% sure, but even if they buffed KS to do 180% of what it does on live (and remove 2x charge), I think lock's Shadowburn would still do more damage then KS.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Roughly doubling Kill Shot's damage would make it too strong for PvP, they'd have to separate the 2 formulas.
    Halve the CD, turn it into a bleed, anything. I hate this reset mechanic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsoni View Post
    I'm not 100% sure, but even if they buffed KS to do 180% of what it does on live (and remove 2x charge), I think lock's Shadowburn would still do more damage then KS.
    You can't compare spells like that. Shadowburn has a hefty cost and in PvE has other uses than just damage on that target. As for PvP, we also have a pet attacking and auto-attack all the time as well. We can throw more instants right after the Kill Shot while a Warlock either needs to save up certain things or hard cast something if the Shadowburn doesn't kill the target.

Not denying that Shadowburn isn't doing silly damage right now, though.

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    Halve the CD, turn it into a bleed, anything. I hate this reset mechanic.
    What sucks in this mechanic is the travel time before the reset. But will be strange a shot with instant damage and no travel time, anyway they can come with a better solution for KS.

Deleted
    What sucks in this mechanic is the travel time before the reset. But will be strange a shot with instant damage and no travel time, anyway they can come with a better solution for KS.
    They know they can make Kill Shot better and more interesting to use, but they haven't yet. They could just make KS get 2 charges every 10 sec (max 2 charges) and the CD starts when the first charge is consumed. Same damage, slightly more frequent uses, a LOT more control over it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evixy View Post
    They know they can make Kill Shot better and more interesting to use, but they haven't yet. They could just make KS get 2 charges every 10 sec (max 2 charges) and the CD starts when the first charge is consumed. Same damage, slightly more frequent uses, a LOT more control over it.

or.... double dmg und kick dat "i gotta kill dem twice" cuz is a freakin KILL shot :I cd reset on resist/immun/dead/missed.