Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Devboy View Post
    I Find this part a little confusing... Why does BM have two kill command tooltips.. one for BM, and one for MM and SV?

Surely they are not thinking of making KC across the board for all specs..?
    I had to respond to this since I didn't believe you were serious at first....so I'll just fill you in on a little history dating back to Wrath of the Lich King Hunters.

Back in Wrath Hunters would Macro Silencing Shot and Kill Command into their spells because they weren't on the global cool down and had little to no resource cost. It was basically free damage for just macro'ing the shot into your other spells.

Then we got Focus, and Kill Command was on the Global....it took about 2 seconds to realize that MM/Survival Hunters will no longer be using this spell in a PVE environment because A) it has a high focus cost and B) it does crap damage for them.

Kill Command has its uses in PVP for the more hunter reliant specs, but thats why there are two tooltips. It would be just a tad bit unfair in PVP if a Survival or MM hunter could bust out a KC from a pet that hits just as hard as say Chimera Shot, AiS or ES....Plus that would make Hunters even more OP in PVP...and we'd be nerfed more in PvE #MoPHunterLife

Kill command will stay BM exclusive. That is just a side effect of the datamining as every spec used to have it during cata.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

I dont understand how AMoC got a 40% buff because it was affected by the loss of rediness and Lynx Rush gets no buff? Lynx Rush was already the weakest talent of the tier and now with the loss of rediness it also cant be reset, so why doesnt it get atleast a 30% buff too? On that note Exhilaration should have received a 40% buff due to the loss of rediness especially since it's the least used talent in that tier. If a single big heal is too strong add a 40% hot onto the ability. The inconsistency in blizzard's logic confuses the shit out of me! The "compensation" for rediness was not fully thought out IMO.

Deleted
    Exhil is primarily used in PvP where, as a class, we are doing too well. Not giving exhil a 40% buff would actually be a PvP nerf, which, IMHO, is more then fine. PvE stays intact, PvP suffers blow.

For instance, I'm not quite sure why Readiness had to go, instead snare/CC breaker on BW. If Readiness is such a problem, remove it in 6.0, but not deep in expansion and especially not in the same patch where we also gets "focus capping adjustments" (which alone is a huge thing).

Quote Originally Posted by Tsoni View Post
    Exhil is primarily used in PvP where, as a class, we are doing too well. Not giving exhil a 40% buff would actually be a PvP nerf, which, IMHO, is more then fine. PvE stays intact, PvP suffers blow.
    Umm no one uses Exhilaration in rated PVP. AotIH is the goto talent just like PVE, since it's affected by Battle Fatigue. The only time it's taken is for random BGs/dueling/soloing (Brawler's).

Quote Originally Posted by subrosian View Post
    The only change they made out of my list was to remove the focus cost of Dash. And yes, that change was because of me... it took two voicemails to Greg Street, a voicemail to Rob Pardo, several emails, two perma-bans and dozens of hours of emails and letter writing, but by god I got the focus cost removed from Dash (hold your applause, I was trying for actual fixes... I obviously failed).
    ROFL. You are conceited on such a level it is beyond ridiculous. Yes....the change was -all- thanks to YOU, what a ridiculous post, as are a lot of the posts from you on the D&R/etc forums.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    ROFL. You are conceited on such a level it is beyond ridiculous. Yes....the change was -all- thanks to YOU, what a ridiculous post, as are a lot of the posts from you on the D&R/etc forums.
    I wonder how people like GC and Pardo react to the incessant demands by a small vocal minority. Kids who throw violent tantrums get ignored or even punished by their parents, so how is this any different? I would hate for the class as a whole to be punished because Subrosian constantly harasses the lead devs.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2013-08-18 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    I wonder how people like GC and Pardo react to the incessant demands by a small vocal minority. Kids who throw violent tantrums get ignored or even punished by their parents, so how is this any different? I would hate for the class as a whole to be punished because Subrosian constantly harasses the lead devs.
    They react like most adults do when kids start whining about things non stop....

they start ignoring them

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjeff View Post
    I dont understand how AMoC got a 40% buff because it was affected by the loss of rediness and Lynx Rush gets no buff? Lynx Rush was already the weakest talent of the tier and now with the loss of rediness it also cant be reset, so why doesnt it get atleast a 30% buff too? On that note Exhilaration should have received a 40% buff due to the loss of rediness especially since it's the least used talent in that tier. If a single big heal is too strong add a 40% hot onto the ability. The inconsistency in blizzard's logic confuses the shit out of me! The "compensation" for rediness was not fully thought out IMO.
    Yeah I was wondering about LR and Exhil. I'm of the opinion though that Blizzard devs really don't give a fuck about the hunter community anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Namarus View Post
    Yeah I was wondering about LR and Exhil. I'm of the opinion though that Blizzard devs really don't give a fuck about the hunter community anyway.
    I'm also of the opinion that they despise hunters. Blizzard is a business and everyone knows that businesses that intentionally ignore and screw over a huge portion of their customers are always the most successful.

FYI: Hunters are the #1 class in terms of max level population (both US and EU)..... I'm sure Blizzard just can't wait to upset them even more.

/sarcasm

-----------------------

I really wonder why some people (Subrosian, Namarus, Kibu, etc...) even plan the game anymore??? They just seem to hate everything about hunters (and Blizzard itself) for the last couple of years. Go find something else to do that you enjoy if this game upsets you so much.
    Last edited by Rackfu; 2013-08-18 at 03:23 AM.

I'd bet that they don't hate Hunters, or the game. I'd also say that they're more passionate about the Hunter class than most people. I know I'm disappointed and underwhelmed when I play my Hunter. I often think I should just roll a Mage and be done with it because historically, they've never been bad in PvE, and I don't ever see them being bad at any point in time for PvE.

What I am, and I think others are too, is disappointed. I love playing my Hunter, despite the lack of depth and low skillcap, it's an extremely fun class to play. I just want more for it. I don't care about utility and I don't want a CD (I think offensive CDs except for lust really just need to be taken away from every class.) It would be nice if they took the time to just actually fix our scaling, make us truly viable in progression, and above all else fix our pets.

It's hard to be positive and not sound rude when you see the attention and treatment other classes get and how little they give to Hunters.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    I really wonder why some people (Subrosian, Namarus, Kibu, etc...) even plan the game anymore??? They just seem to hate everything about hunters (and Blizzard itself) for the last couple of years. Go find something else to do that you enjoy if this game upsets you so much.
    I don't want to put words in their mouths (at least not to the obscene extent that you are), but I don't believe in the slightest that any of the players you mentioned hate the hunter class. They seem to enjoy it and are very passionate about it, which is why they hate what Blizzard is (or isn't) doing to it.

Here we have a dps class that has scaled like shit and had balance issues for years, and the problem isn't even a very difficult one to solve, and the development team mostly ignores it, giving it attention occasionally only to put in a half-assed temporary fix that makes things even worse in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    I don't want to put words in their mouths (at least not to the obscene extent that you are), but I don't believe in the slightest that any of the players you mentioned hate the hunter class. They seem to enjoy it and are very passionate about it, which is why they hate what Blizzard is (or isn't) doing to it.

Here we have a dps class that has scaled like shit and had balance issues for years, and the problem isn't even a very difficult one to solve, and the development team mostly ignores it, giving it attention occasionally only to put in a half-assed temporary fix that makes things even worse in the long run.
    Precisely, they have time to spend on Virtual realms, when just merging realms would fix the issue.

They don't however have the time to fix a class that has been fundamentally broken for the whole expansion. Oh wait the 2 mins they spent with the Aspect of the Hawk hot fix ... Hunters rejoice!

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering if any attention could be gained by posting a "NERF ASPECT OF THE HAWK" post on the official forums somewhere.

"To the ground, baby!" Seriously, just get rid of that skill entirely.

Sigh, after reading this thread looks like ill be sticking to my lock. Guild asked me to play my hunter since we had two locks in our 10m and they wanted to get a few buffs in with the pets. After reading all of this seems that it will not be worth it.

Even if the gap between warlock and hunter isn't going to change from 5.3 to 5.4 (it almost certainly will), and 2 warlocks didn't have to share gear along with probably at least 1 more person in the raid (they do), the difference between having and not having a valuable raid buff is probably larger than the damage gap. And the less progression-oriented your guild is, the less any of it makes any difference at all and you should probably just play what you enjoy.
    Last edited by Thursley; 2013-08-18 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    You forgot Nemesis003. Hates the class with a passion, complained about it multiple times a day, played it anyway.

Did he get banned or something? Haven't seen him around in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    You forgot Nemesis003. Hates the class with a passion, complained about it multiple times a day, played it anyway.

Did he get banned or something? Haven't seen him around in a while.
    I think he quit the game.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

I've been wondering that too. I kind of miss his gloomy demeanor right about now. I figured he'd be around going "I told you so" like an old man, but he's nowhere to be seen =/.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post

This. For me, hunter was the first class I played and after years of playing with alts I've found that hunter is the class I enjoy the most because of the playstyle. However, that doesn't mean I'm not incensed at the way we've been treated by Blizzard, especially lately. They seem completely blind to the problems of the class despite non-stop complaints and suggestions from top hunter players. And sure, using the 'ignored child' excuse is all well and good but if anything that's just Blizzard creating it's own excuse. We've had plenty of people who started out reasonable and Blizzard just kept ignoring, of course they are going to get angrier and more belligerent. Then Blizzard's personal army says "Look at all the bad people, maybe if you guys were reasonable Blizz would listen".