Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    I don't want to put words in their mouths (at least not to the obscene extent that you are), but I don't believe in the slightest that any of the players you mentioned hate the hunter class. They seem to enjoy it and are very passionate about it, which is why they hate what Blizzard is (or isn't) doing to it.

Here we have a dps class that has scaled like shit and had balance issues for years, and the problem isn't even a very difficult one to solve, and the development team mostly ignores it, giving it attention occasionally only to put in a half-assed temporary fix that makes things even worse in the long run.
    Precisely, they have time to spend on Virtual realms, when just merging realms would fix the issue.

They don't however have the time to fix a class that has been fundamentally broken for the whole expansion. Oh wait the 2 mins they spent with the Aspect of the Hawk hot fix ... Hunters rejoice!

I'm wondering if any attention could be gained by posting a "NERF ASPECT OF THE HAWK" post on the official forums somewhere.

"To the ground, baby!" Seriously, just get rid of that skill entirely.

Stood in the Fire
    Sigh, after reading this thread looks like ill be sticking to my lock. Guild asked me to play my hunter since we had two locks in our 10m and they wanted to get a few buffs in with the pets. After reading all of this seems that it will not be worth it.

Even if the gap between warlock and hunter isn't going to change from 5.3 to 5.4 (it almost certainly will), and 2 warlocks didn't have to share gear along with probably at least 1 more person in the raid (they do), the difference between having and not having a valuable raid buff is probably larger than the damage gap. And the less progression-oriented your guild is, the less any of it makes any difference at all and you should probably just play what you enjoy.
    Last edited by Thursley; 2013-08-18 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    I really wonder why some people (Subrosian, Namarus, Kibu, etc...) even plan the game anymore??? They just seem to hate everything about hunters (and Blizzard itself) for the last couple of years. Go find something else to do that you enjoy if this game upsets you so much.
    You forgot Nemesis003. Hates the class with a passion, complained about it multiple times a day, played it anyway.

Did he get banned or something? Haven't seen him around in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    You forgot Nemesis003. Hates the class with a passion, complained about it multiple times a day, played it anyway.

Did he get banned or something? Haven't seen him around in a while.
    I think he quit the game.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

I've been wondering that too. I kind of miss his gloomy demeanor right about now. I figured he'd be around going "I told you so" like an old man, but he's nowhere to be seen =/.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    I don't want to put words in their mouths (at least not to the obscene extent that you are), but I don't believe in the slightest that any of the players you mentioned hate the hunter class. They seem to enjoy it and are very passionate about it, which is why they hate what Blizzard is (or isn't) doing to it.

Here we have a dps class that has scaled like shit and had balance issues for years, and the problem isn't even a very difficult one to solve, and the development team mostly ignores it, giving it attention occasionally only to put in a half-assed temporary fix that makes things even worse in the long run.
    This. For me, hunter was the first class I played and after years of playing with alts I've found that hunter is the class I enjoy the most because of the playstyle. However, that doesn't mean I'm not incensed at the way we've been treated by Blizzard, especially lately. They seem completely blind to the problems of the class despite non-stop complaints and suggestions from top hunter players. And sure, using the 'ignored child' excuse is all well and good but if anything that's just Blizzard creating it's own excuse. We've had plenty of people who started out reasonable and Blizzard just kept ignoring, of course they are going to get angrier and more belligerent. Then Blizzard's personal army says "Look at all the bad people, maybe if you guys were reasonable Blizz would listen".

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    You've got to be kidding, right? Being "viable" weeks after the top end has done the progress means nothing. The only fights in the entire tier that hunters were sort of good for, was:

WOTE (1 min CD on spark soaking).
    Vizier (heavy movement).
    Blade Lord (Heavy movement).
    Lei Shi (Heavy movement).

That's it. FOr every other fight, hunters were absolute shit? Protectors? NVM; pet not affected by the dmg% buff. Tsulong? All other casters did far more dmg as they didn't have to rely on focus upkeep to burst down adds. Sha? Multidotters/AOE dream. Hunters were used as ball-bitches because of how Deterrence could block the emerge and did decent AOE to the adds, but lots of classes did far better.

I could go on, but not really in the mood. Suffice to say, Hunters, before the buff they got in 5.1 (look it up - 100% serpent sting dmg etc) were utter shit.
    What's funny is we couldn't even do the 1 min spark soaking again with the nerf (slight buff for blizz LOL) of deterrence...
    I tweet every single day GC about that and he doesn't even bother responding...

They are never going to fix our scaling/dps.. all they care about is the representation of the class.. hunters do really good at low gear levels (lfr and normal mode heroes).. that is why there are so many huntards out there and they are all happy cuz they will never see scaling in effect (heroic gear/bis).. But if they were to suddenly fix our scaling, our initial dps would drop.. and that would force the huntards to reroll or quit.. And blizz doesn't want that.. so they're fine with keeping the top few percent of progression hunters unhappy and miserable (even if they do quit/reroll it wouldn't make the slightest difference in the bigger picture).. so long as the majority is happy..