Horridon's Last Gasp (502) vs Relic of Chi-Ji (2/2 upgraded)

I know it's old gear but I'm way behind the curve so bear with me!

I've been using the LFR of Horridon's but really, the proc doesn't seem that great as it very rarely stacks, so I was looking at my upgraded Relic of Chi Ji, which has a higher +Int and the proc is a lot more consistent. But what I'm not sure about is how the Horridon's mana regen proc compares with the Spirit proc of the Relic.
    The mathematics of these things rather elude me, and you lot are a clever bunch so I thought I'd consult the experts.

I'm thinking the Hydra Spawn trinket would be preferable to either but so far no success in obtaining it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you're a 25-man mana battery, Hydra Spawn should be left to rot somewhere and never be touched.

That said, the comments here: http://www.wowhead.com/item=95641#comments state that the mana regen from Horridon's is sometimes inferior and sometimes superior to Chi'ji (the latter having an average mp5 of 818). Chi'Ji's high int value makes it extremely attractive, and I'd probably prefer it over HorridonLFR, tbh. From a mana-regen POV, it probably doesn't make much of a difference which one of the two you wear (best wear them both until you pick up a Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan and upgrade it and stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    I know it's old gear but I'm way behind the curve so bear with me!

I've been using the LFR of Horridon's but really, the proc doesn't seem that great as it very rarely stacks, so I was looking at my upgraded Relic of Chi Ji, which has a higher +Int and the proc is a lot more consistent. But what I'm not sure about is how the Horridon's mana regen proc compares with the Spirit proc of the Relic.
    The mathematics of these things rather elude me, and you lot are a clever bunch so I thought I'd consult the experts.

I'm thinking the Hydra Spawn trinket would be preferable to either but so far no success in obtaining it.
    The amount of procs you get off of the Horridon proc trinket is based off of RPPM, so if you have a lower haste rating, the Horridon trinket will give you much less regen. I get it to proc all of the time and a lot of times up to the 5 stack max, but currently sitting at the 5676 breakpoint.

Horridon's 502 is less regen than Relic 2/2 upgraded

Horridon's 510 (2/2 upgraded) is more int and equal or greater regen than Relic 2/2

Its up to you whether or not you want to spend the 500 valor for that though. I'd say stick with the relic while you need valor for other stuff, but hold onto the 502 Horridon, eventually you can upgrade it if you don't get anything else to take its place first.