Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Sweet mother of shamans, *drooling*.

Yes the tail of the Warsabre looks awful - it looks like a stick sticking in the butt of the mount and the flag the animation when the mouts is running is awful with this "flag"...
    The Skeletal Warhorse - i don't like it either - nothing special IMHO.

Why would anyone BUY lesser charms? The damn things are practically falling out of the skies these days, and I know no one in the US or EU is asking for it. I've got nearly 6000 of the damn things, and will likely have more than I need unless they're implemented as a mechanism in the next expansion.

It's almost as if it's a pressing need for a market where people buy time and have the ability to play only by the hour, where the biggest MMO names are all F2P.

You know, like Asia. Like the blue post says.

Stop greasing the slippery slope, guys.

They should just implement a insta 60/70/80 item instead of an exp boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Are they still on about the 'bohoo everyone will use a legendary'? by the time this expansion ends there will be more people with this cloak than people with all previous legendaries together -_-

Dammit Blizzard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    It sounds like they WILL be pushing charms into the store.. Those are ENDGAME ITEMS and are a way to require the best items in game. Even tho they are RNG .. its a clear cut Pay to Win.
    Not sure if serious...
    So imagine if you can pay to get your weekly 50 lesser charms.. you choose to get them that way...
    How exactly is it P2W when you are still, just like everyone else, limited to 3 runes per week?

If they let you somehow gain additional Runes, then you'd have a point.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2013-07-09 at 01:21 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaq View Post
    Why would anyone BUY lesser charms? The damn things are practically falling out of the skies these days, and I know no one in the US or EU is asking for it. I've got nearly 6000 of the damn things, and will likely have more than I need unless they're implemented as a mechanism in the next expansion.

It's almost as if it's a pressing need for a market where people buy time and have the ability to play only by the hour, where the biggest MMO names are all F2P.

You know, like Asia. Like the blue post says.

Stop greasing the slippery slope, guys.
    Are you sure you read the same blue post as the rest of us? Because it clearly states and I quote "First, we’ll be testing the in-game store with some new kinds of items we’re looking into introducing (in Asian regions, at the outset) based on player feedback"

That part I made bold to point out what a lot of us are seeing as "We will start with the Asian markets then we will bring it over to the other markets at a later point in time". That IMO and others, based on comments I've read is completely unacceptable.
    We aren't "greasing the slippery slope" we see the writing on the wall in clear blue lettering and pointing out to those who don't seem to see it. For me personally, let them sell that shit to the Asian market for all I care, over there that seems to be perfectly acceptable not to mention that unlike us they don't pay a monthly fee to play the game. In the US and EU we pay a monthly fee and for Blizzard to try and now sneak in selling gear, sorry but no, that is not acceptable. Yes, I said selling gear because that's exactly what it is when they sell the lesser charms for real money. In case your unaware here's how it works: Lesser Charmsx50 --> 3 Elder Charms --> Gear/No Gear. Now by selling those same lesser charms for real money they are selling you gear. Regardless of it's rng if you get lucky and get gear I see selling lesser charms as selling gear which they said they would not do and yet here they are doing just that. This slope is becoming less slippery and more just a straight slide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    *sigh* All this whining over something you'll never see on Western realms...

The only thing we'll be getting on Western realms is the Battle.net moving in-game. That's it. Think about how much QQ has been sent Blizzards way from a simple datamined item. Do you really believe they are stupid enough to now go ahead and add the XP boost to EU/NA realms? Oh wait, of course you all do. You're already stupid enough to believe they'll instantly add heroic raiding gear >_>
    Funny thing how everything must mean people will be able to pay for the best gear ingame.
    Hell, even That Retarded Horse™ was apparently the sign of inevitable P2W with gear.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

The thing is, and I've said this about other games, is that it's not really play 2 win, it's more play 2 speed up the process. If you want to take the slow and steady route to obtaining xp and charms, then you can, if you're willing to speed up the process, then there's a small fee. It's like how you pay to get into Universal Studios and then you can pay extra to jump to the front of every line. True pay 2 win would be "$50 gets you an uber elite group of NPCs that will clear any heroic raid for you."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Funny thing how everything must mean people will be able to pay for the best gear ingame.
    Hell, even That Retarded Horse™ was apparently the sign of inevitable P2W with gear.
    The funny thing is that's pretty much what they are offering. Technically speaking by offering to sell lesser charms they are by proxy offering to sell you the best gear in game. You can't truthfully say that they aren't. As I pointed out lesser charms lead to a chance at gear. For heroic raiders this means that you can technically speaking purchase thunderforged heroic items. Is it a sure thing you will get a thunderforged heroic item? no, but then you can therefore it is by proxy technically selling BiS gear and that you can't say it isn't.

As per the "we'll never see this on western realms" can you absolutely with 100% certainty say this? Are you the person behind this idea and therefore know exactly where it will be deployed? If not then you can't say for certain that it won't be done here. That is the point many of us are making. We want to make our voices loud and clear now before Blizzard gets anymore of an inkling that this will be acceptable here. They have made it clear to us that the Asian market is only the first place they want to implement this which infers they have plans for other markets as well. And yes I know this isn't the official forums but they are currently down and there's a discussion about here so we are voicing our opinions here currently.

Shaman buffs, always happy about that! The healing stream talent looks pretty useful too.

Also, I expected them to add boost items to the store a while ago; I'm surprised it took them this long to get around to it.

Assassination Rogues should no longer be eligible for any other weapon types except daggers in situations where loot is automatically awarded(Raid Finder, Bonus Rolls, Heroic/Normal Scenarios, and the upcoming Flexible Raid difficulty.)

And how are Assassination Rogues supposed to get weapons to offspec combat then???

"Convenience oriented items"... This can be interpreted so broadly. Ultimately, everything in a game is convenience, everything in a game is optional, since the game itself is optional. This is what us naysayers were warning about when the first store mount launched - that ultimately, this would escalate in other items, other "non essential" items.

"Optional", however, as stated, can be broadly interpreted. Surely an EXP bonus is optional, like a mount. A piece of gear is also optional, you don't need it to play the game itself, do you not? Lesser charms -- optional too, right, as they only give extra chance on epics!

Ultimately such a store undermines everything you can achieve in a game. It's self-destructing to a game: When you can buy with real money what you should be playing to get instead. This is *especially* the case in a subscription based game, where the subscription itself should be a substitute for an ingame store like free2play games have - Farmville, etc.

Overall, as I argued a few years back when the first store mount was released (saying that "only mounts and pets" is a bad precedent, as it has proven to be), I will continue to be against this. Let players work for their stuff by actually playing the game, and when that work is too bothersome or annoying, then there is something wrong with the game design, and it should not mean it should just be sold for rl money instead.

Deleted
    Why in the world would anyone pay for XP boosts? Low level PvP is where all the fun is at currently.

I would be more interested in a store where I could sell some of the thousands of extra lesser charms I have. Also the buffing hunters across the board worries me - when they do this to a class it is usually followed by nerfs that reduce the buffs to below what the ability did in the first place.

Personally, if they do a In-Game Store, they should have Cosmetic items that let me change the look of my character ala "Transmog."

For example, they can put in themes from Starcraft and Diablo(Ex: Making my armor look like a Terran Marine armor or like Tyrael)

Quote Originally Posted by Necrotica View Post
    Assassination Rogues should no longer be eligible for any other weapon types except daggers in situations where loot is automatically awarded(Raid Finder, Bonus Rolls, Heroic/Normal Scenarios, and the upcoming Flexible Raid difficulty.)

And how are Assassination Rogues supposed to get weapons to offspec combat then???
    Set your role to combat in the drop down menu, on the bosses you know drop combat weapons? Like frost dk's do for unholy or blood weapons

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeloria View Post
    The thing is, and I've said this about other games, is that it's not really play 2 win, it's more play 2 speed up the process. If you want to take the slow and steady route to obtaining xp and charms, then you can, if you're willing to speed up the process, then there's a small fee. It's like how you pay to get into Universal Studios and then you can pay extra to jump to the front of every line. True pay 2 win would be "$50 gets you an uber elite group of NPCs that will clear any heroic raid for you."
    Yes....in a f2p game I would tolerate that, but not when I'm paying a 13E a month sub. I don't want to constantly play with the thought of "I could pay 1 Euro and be done with this 50 charm farm" when I'm already paying enough submoney as it is. Where will it end? Valor being a pain to cap on alts, will that be in the store at some point? They will make it as hard as possible of course NOT to pay for a small service sometimes. (See; not fixing dead realm for years).

Retarded raging ... the "ingame store" will be in Asia, and will have a xp boost, that you can get a better version from the 300xp% flask by farming the damn rare, and ... lesser coins ... da f are you ppl raging about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SaburoDaimando View Post
    Personally, if they do a In-Game Store, they should have Cosmetic items that let me change the look of my character ala "Transmog."

For example, they can put in themes from Starcraft and Diablo(Ex: Making my armor look like a Terran Marine armor or like Tyrael)
    Think of it it this way, they already do. It's called "change appearance". I know it's not what you meant, but the point is there. You already have options to pay appearance. Mounts. Pets. Now they are dabbling in more....

If the cash shop expands. I'd like to see our monthly sub modified as well.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger