Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Mount for 100 arena wins/40 RBG wins

So according to a tweet from Holinka on the first page there's a new mount (one for horde, one for alliance) coming in 5.4 for PvPers and the criteria for this achievement is:

100 3v3 wins
    40 RBG wins

which could of course change before the patch, but apparantly that's what it is right now.

I personally think this is a major leap forward in getting more people into arenas and getting the queues more active again. People of all skill levels will be entering the arena to go for this mount, I'd love to see the number of 3v3 wins raised (or a seperate achievement) to say, 500 or 1000 because 100 is really easy to get in a 6+month season, even for the most casual of players. But still it's a great addition!
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

As long as it's one or the other, I'm all for it. If you need both 100 arena wins and 40 RBG wins then there's no way in hell I'll ever get that nor will I ever even try, but if it's one or the other it's pretty good in my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I agree that it WILL bring more people into pvp for sure. Although the 3v3 seems a bit easy, the Rated BG's portion is MUCH longer so.. idk

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    As long as it's one or the other, I'm all for it. If you need both 100 arena wins and 40 RBG wins then there's no way in hell I'll ever get that nor will I ever even try, but if it's one or the other it's pretty good in my eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I agree that it WILL bring more people into pvp for sure. Although the 3v3 seems a bit easy, the Rated BG's portion is MUCH longer so.. idk
    The 3v3 should definitely be raised. Back in s11 when I started to PvP me and my mate could easily knock out 100 2v2 games a day without noticing our count. Most people will get the arena part ticked off really quick then we have a potentially 10+ month season (its the end of expansion) where this achievement isn't helping queues at all!

The RBG is definitely rough. I detest RBGs myself and there already exist mounts for 75 and 300 wins and I'll be damned if I ever go for them. Perhaps keep the RBG wins where it is, or lower it, and then dramatically raise the 3v3.
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    The 3v3 should definitely be raised. Back in s11 when I started to PvP me and my mate could easily knock out 100 2v2 games a day without noticing our count. Most people will get the arena part ticked off really quick then we have a potentially 10+ month season (its the end of expansion) where this achievement isn't helping queues at all!

The RBG is definitely rough. I detest RBGs myself and there already exist mounts for 75 and 300 wins and I'll be damned if I ever go for them. Perhaps keep the RBG wins where it is, or lower it, and then dramatically raise the 3v3.
    Yeah 3v3 should definitely go up for sure, 100 wins is less than a week for sure. Hell back in TBC/Wrath I'd do 1000+ games a week sometimes, even if we were 50% win/loss for the week that'd still be 500 wins.

RBGs I'll never bother doing, if there was a mount for 10 wins I wouldn't bother with it. Would rather gouge my eyes out with a spork.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Yeah 3v3 should definitely go up for sure, 100 wins is less than a week for sure. Hell back in TBC/Wrath I'd do 1000+ games a week sometimes, even if we were 50% win/loss for the week that'd still be 500 wins.

RBGs I'll never bother doing, if there was a mount for 10 wins I wouldn't bother with it. Would rather gouge my eyes out with a spork.
    Haha amen to that my friend. The mount is a nice one though and 40 RBG wins would probably be one or two a week possibly.. Don't know, I just may bring myself to do it. We shall see when the time comes.

40 rbg wins? fuck that noise
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

40 RBG wins is to much for the casul / pve players the arenas is fine is very doable and will raise the players that actually join the arenas but i have high doubts about the 40 rbgs wins

Deleted
    10k wins in 2v2, 3v3 or 5v5 for a mount, HELL YEAH.

Sucks i have a monk healer friend who nobody does 3s with - sadface -

Quote Originally Posted by d0oms View Post
    10k wins in 2v2, 3v3 or 5v5 for a mount, HELL YEAH.

Sucks i have a monk healer friend who nobody does 3s with - sadface -
    Mate if they raised it to 10k Id be ON DAT TING.

A blue horde flag on the back of the horde mount. Blue.

Come on blizz. It needs to be red.

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    A blue horde flag on the back of the horde mount. Blue.

Come on blizz. It needs to be red.
    Needs to be purple, Undead ftw \w/>.<\w/

But yeah anyway, i do think the arena requirement is pretty light. Could easily cut RBGs to 30 and up arenas to 200-250.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this. It should help encourage participation in Arenas/RBGs.

One of the blues said that the mounts are for a "wider" audience, meaning casual people who don't play all that much IMO. I think that it will be one or the other (hopefully), I can't stand RBGs but I don't mind any bracket of arena at all. The current RBG mount is awesome but winning 75 RBGs is like pulling teeth depending on what class you are and what realm you're on (which I guess will be less of a problem after the region wide stuff is implemented).

I'm opposed to both being a requirement, but one or the other is not bad at all and would be nice for everyone.

It's a pretty cool mount I might actually try for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    I'd love to see the number of 3v3 wins raised
    A large percentage would not come close to 100 wins, that is pretty hard to get for casuals since they would tend to get pretty discouraged after a couple of bad losses in a row. It's not a mindless raid boss that does X every Y seconds, I've had seasons when my roommates and I would go 6-0 and then get 3 straight losses and then never do arena again for the season.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only do 2vs2 and RBG's and think they should make it require one out of those two requirements. 100 Arena or 100 Rbg wins.

Deleted
    Good luck to warriors getting 40 rbg wins.

A large percentage would not come close to 100 wins
    10 wins in 10 days, if people cant do that then they should not pvp. Being casual does not many having only 1 arm or half a brain.

Deleted
    They should keep introducing rewards like these, more people into the PvP scene is a good thing, new blood is needed, badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post

10 wins in 10 days, if people cant do that then they should not pvp. Being casual does not many having only 1 arm or half a brain.
    Exactly. This is for people who do PVE raid boss rotations in PVP. Which means, those people will not sniff 100 wins in 10 days. A few months? Sure.