Deleted

Xfx 7870 xt (fx-787a-cnac)

I was going to buy a Sapphire 7870 XT for £218 (http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/sapp...ard-111992020g) but saw this XFX with the same specs for £161 (http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-...ard-fx787acnac), is there any reason I shouldn't go with the XFX? Is there a better graphics card available in the £200 range? It will be with a new i5, 16GB RAM and will be used mostly for WoW and future MMO's

10+ Year Old Account
    No, there isn't, but i didn't even realize XFX made a 7870 XT? Like, fairly sure only Powercolor and Sapphire make them, so this seems a bit fishy. perhaps someone can chime in and tell me i'm a lemming.

Deleted
    Yeah I think XFX made a couple of those aswell. It has the same amount of streamprocessors as the 7870 XT from sapphire.

I would go for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killora View Post
    No, there isn't, but i didn't even realize XFX made a 7870 XT? Like, fairly sure only Powercolor and Sapphire make them, so this seems a bit fishy. perhaps someone can chime in and tell me i'm a lemming.
    They did, but only for Aria Computer Systems. It's an exclusive model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    They did, but only for Aria Computer Systems. It's an exclusive model.
    Yep. The "FX-787A-CNAC" model number means it's an Aria PC only card. I looked it up a while back and it's the actual code for the card, only to be sold through Aria.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Oh nice, thanks for the clarification