Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    That didn´t answer my question, thou. I simply wanted to know how you manage to throw a 60 rage barrier for the puncture and right after that a 60 rage block and that for all punctures.
    Not sure what you mean, I feel I have been pretty clear on how I do it.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    I rotate 120 rage in between each swipe and more sometimes depending on procs.
    I tend to use block just after, because its a waste to use block for an attack that can't be blocked.
    You pool rage so you have more before the swipe.

So it goes something like this;

1. Boss casts Double Swipe.
    2. I Barrier for when the Swipe is over (He will cast a triple puncture and 1-2 melee swings at the same time. 1 Barrier should be enough to mitigate it with that much vengeance)
    3. I use Block shortly after to mitigate the melee swings before the next puncture. I start pooling rage again.
    4. He casts puncture without swipe, but its not bursty enough to cause problems
    5. The last few melee swings I take without anything, you will have a gap while hes casting Swipe where you can be topped before the big hit.
    6. Boss casts Double Swipe (Repeat)

I hope that helps

Deleted
    Not sure what you mean, I feel I have been pretty clear on how I do it.
    So it goes something like this;
    My first thought is that your lowering overall shieldblock uptime and inturn dps, for no real good reason. I'm i wrong in thinking that ?
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-07-10 at 11:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    My first thought is that your lowering overall shieldblock uptime and inturn dps, for no real good reason. I'm i wrong in thinking that ?
    Depends how you see it I guess, in my eyes I am using it more when its needed rather than wasting 1-2 seconds at the start. If you use it earlier it will also wear off quite a bit before the next triple puncture, meaning you will take direct hits before hand. This way I keep my block up just until the next TP to keep my HP stable.

Works fine for me at least recently I was worse at the start when I didn't do it, so I had to rethink how to use my rage and since then its been smooth. Why do you think it would lower my shield block uptime by the way?

Deleted
    Works fine for me at least recently I was worse at the start when I didn't do it, so I had to rethink how to use my rage and since then its been smooth. Why do you think it would lower my shield block uptime by the way?
    I tried pooling rage but feels like draining away rage on sbar instead of sblock, with only small barriers i could consistently do both for when i need it. Also found myself short on rage having to weave in cooldowns instead of AM, just felt counterproductive.
    We're both working to prevent the same thing, the spikecombo, but we're using different approaches.
    Just curious what infact yields optimal play on that boss, not just from a survivability standpoint.

I'll try pooling rage again 2nite, maybe just wasnt doing it good enough during progression.
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-07-10 at 12:18 PM.

Deleted
    You don't have to be at 120 when the double swipe comes in. As long as you are close enough to use a SS/revenge to get block up soon after it works out fine. Sometimes you can even get more to use extra blocks in between.

I get around 350k-450k full Shield Barriers (or at least that's what I remember) which is enough to absorb the TP and a bit more after that, which takes away a lot of the burst. After that I feel that the damage is quite smooth, but high, hence the block in prep for the next TP.

I'll log tonight and post something if I remember!

15+ Year Old Account
    So I read over this thread and many others and so far I get the overall jist of it .... however I'm just a tad nervous for tonight!

We are going in for our first Horridon tries and as we have a holy pallie and prot pallie I will be the add bitch 100% of the time! What I'm wondering is what should I be saving for what door in this case >.< So many nice tips for "if you tank 1 and 3" or " if you tank 2 and 4" however I have yet to find any "if you got lucky(translation : going to be running around like an idiot with adds) and have a pallie tank and do all the adds then you should consider doing XYZ

Just a little pre game jitters... pretty sure I have my game plan down but was just looking for the little things that can really help!

Only thing i'm nervous for is we are planning on door 3 and 4 to let the doubel elite adds live a bit longer and focus on cleaning up little adds. This seems... well dangerous in my mind I always thought it would be best to go Elite > all the rest... but perhaps the smaller adds are much more dangerous for us?

our comp

Prot palie
    Prot war

Resto sham
    Holy Pallie
    Disc / shad priest

Hunter
    mage
    lock
    feral druid
    ele sham

so yea any prot war tips would be more than welcomed!!!

PS: didnt want to start a new thread with all the good info in here already so kind of jumped in sorry OP >.<