Ryze The Support Midlaner

A support mid laner, he helps peel with his cage. Any objection?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellth View Post
    Main objection is his great sustained damage output late game while still being tanky. So more of an AP carry with CC.

Deleted
    Peeling doesn't neccesarily make one a support.
    His late game damage is also crazy with a few items, he's a carry more than anything.

...supports by instantly killing every squishy he can get in range of

He is a great AP carry who has some CC, is incredibly tanky and offers insane amounts of damage (with ult even AoE)

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda like how lux can be a support. If they are dead, then you helped your team out.

Ryze scales awesomely into late game and can pretty much demolish the back like of a team when he gets to it. If he's very far behind he can play a bit like a support where you would focus more on peeling for whatever is going after the champion that is carrying on your team, but even then he is still a damage dealer with just 1 root.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Kinda like how lux can be a support. If they are dead, then you helped your team out.

Ryze scales awesomely into late game and can pretty much demolish the back like of a team when he gets to it. If he's very far behind he can play a bit like a support where you would focus more on peeling for whatever is going after the champion that is carrying on your team, but even then he is still a damage dealer with just 1 root.
    I'd never compare Lux and Ryze. They are completely different. One has a ranged snare, a slow and a shield for her team (= she will still have some utility when behind in gold) while the other only has a snare and suffers a lot from not having gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    I'd never compare Lux and Ryze. They are completely different. One has a ranged snare, a slow and a shield for her team (= she will still have some utility when behind in gold) while the other only has a snare and suffers a lot from not having gold.
    She does actually have utility outside of damage, but I was more going for the they can both output very high amounts of damage and just delete people.

I once did cait + ryze... snairs + trap op riot nerf

Deleted
    He is good at supporting other AP characters, but he is bad in duo lane, because he simply needs to build ROA and Archangels. otherwise he's pretty useless.

I think Morgana or Soraka are better supports for other AP characters, because they actually can duo lane.

Support? Ryze has huge burst, why would you ever imply "support" just because he has a snare?

Anything can work as a support as long as you don't feed anything is possible.
    Try out new l2plol! http://l2plol.com
    Ask questions to players and get feedback from your peers!

Deleted
    I think the OP did not mean support as in the one in botlane, but a midlaner that functions as a second support.

Still, to me the definition of a support midlaner would be a champion that is chosen primarily because of it's supporting abilities (CC, buffs, debuffs).
    The reason why I would want a Ryze on my team would definitely be his damage, not his CC. That's just a nice addition.

10+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty, I have no idea what the OP means. As he didn't return, it's hard to get an answer as to his initial intent as well.

Ryze support mid is totally legit.

You support your team by killing the other team.