Quick Ra-Den Specific Question regarding Crackling Stalker

Hi all was just looking at logs from our kill of Ra-Den from a couple weeks ago and noticed how much damage the raid took from "Crackling Stalker." On our kill every player in the raid took roughly 4.3 Million Damage (Total) from (Crackle) which just seems like a ton of raid damage. That's probably why the damage was so spiky at times. We had our Unholy DK working on them for the most part while we slowly DoT/Cleaved them down then gripped them out before they would explode. We took 0 of the AoE explosion damage which is good but ya. Any ideas/knowledge on how to deal with the Stalkers or should we just let them keep going ham on us (since its a farm boss now after all and the kill only took 16/30 pulls) I assumed they had Diminishing Returns on stuns etc so I didn't really have anyone doing stunning them until they got low near the time when we would grip them out before they died.

And yes our tank is taunting them so they aren't dealing any melee damage to anyone.

Thanks for feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Sting123 View Post
    Hi all was just looking at logs from our kill of Ra-Den from a couple weeks ago and noticed how much damage the raid took from "Crackling Stalker." On our kill every player in the raid took roughly 4.3 Million Damage (Total) from (Crackle) which just seems like a ton of raid damage. That's probably why the damage was so spiky at times. We had our Unholy DK working on them for the most part while we slowly DoT/Cleaved them down then gripped them out before they would explode. We took 0 of the AoE explosion damage which is good but ya. Any ideas/knowledge on how to deal with the Stalkers or should we just let them keep going ham on us (since its a farm boss now after all and the kill only took 16/30 pulls) I assumed they had Diminishing Returns on stuns etc so I didn't really have anyone doing stunning them until they got low near the time when we would grip them out before they died.

And yes our tank is taunting them so they aren't dealing any melee damage to anyone.

Thanks for feedback!
    The only way to reduce their dmg ist by stunning them and nuking them instead of passive cleaving

Nuke and stun them. You have no reason to cleave them down slowly because the dps requirement isn't really that high and the things have like no health. ITs preferred to knock them out before they die but gripping works fine.

Deleted
    We do something different. We actually have our 2nd tank (DK for grip) to take the crackling stalker away, we dot it and put a full time ranged on it. This outranges crackle and it only manages to get it off on the raid if the DK is a bit slow at gripping. The DPS requirement is so low that we can afford to do that. Also, some classes benefit their single target DPS when they are able to dot things (Arcane mage comes to mind since that's what I am playing on Ra-den).

Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    We do something different. We actually have our 2nd tank (DK for grip) to take the crackling stalker away, we dot it and put a full time ranged on it. This outranges crackle and it only manages to get it off on the raid if the DK is a bit slow at gripping. The DPS requirement is so low that we can afford to do that. Also, some classes benefit their single target DPS when they are able to dot things (Arcane mage comes to mind since that's what I am playing on Ra-den).
    We were originally thinking about having our dk grip it out like you said but were afraid that the Vita chain or w/e its called would hit the dk instead of the the target it was supposed to hit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    Nuke and stun them. You have no reason to cleave them down slowly because the dps requirement isn't really that high and the things have like no health. ITs preferred to knock them out before they die but gripping works fine.
    Ya we we will probably have to do that, we were originally going to do the knockback thing with our boomkin but hes kind of a downs child and since our DK was the one primarily focusing on them it was easier for him to just grip it out after it was low

Anyways thanks for the speedy input everyone we'll just have to switch to them this week and not be baddies! :P

Also silence them.

Deleted
    Getting a good stun/silence rotation going on them is much more important than knocking it out before it dies. If you can do both that's great but the vast majority of dmg comes from the Crackle.

Also make sure you keep it stunned during the Vita Sensitivity reset.

Silences don't work as far as I could tell. We had our first kill last week setting up a silence/stun rotation on every one of them, but after looking at the logs later, they were doing the crackle during silences.

If anyone else can check their logs and confirm this as well, would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post
    Silences don't work as far as I could tell. We had our first kill last week setting up a silence/stun rotation on every one of them, but after looking at the logs later, they were doing the crackle during silences.

If anyone else can check their logs and confirm this as well, would be nice.
    I definitely never went through any logs but I definitely always felt safer because when I see them silenced our raid is usually pretty healthy.

/shrug