View Poll Results: Opinion Game Store

Voters
260. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, let the store come to EU/US

73 28.08%
  • No, Please Don't let it ever come here.

152 58.46%
  • Maybe in the future, not now.

35 13.46%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I prefer a level playing field in wow. Not one where whoever has the richest daddy or best job dictates who gets the best stuff.

Yes, but you can still only get 3 per week, so who cares? If I want to spend $15 (hypothetical) every week instead of doing dailies why do any of you care and how does it affect you? Quick answer, it doesn't.

Some people have 1 to 2 hours every day to play and would rather do raids, CMs, alts instead of Charm farming. If you have the time or like the farming then do that.

I highly doubt you would ever see gear or anything that provides a REAL advantage to anyone in their in game store.

Look, you either cash shop, or you do monthly cost. Doing both is money grubbing at its worst. I don't usually like to use slipper slope arguments. But when Blizzard first implemented pet store people were upset. Blizzard said not to worry it would be only cosmetic things. Now it's actually game advantage things and they're saying not to worry its just Asia. To me this shows they're all ready heading down the slope and I do not like it.

I don't think that this poll reflects all the views. It should also have no, and I will leave. And any others that resemble this in both categories.
    <Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US27, is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

The realm first leveling race is not a valid argument. First of all hardly any people give a shit about that. Also Blizzard does have the tech to turn off XP buffs. Like heirlooms. So they could just turn the XP boost off for a couple days or even a month. Or they can just remove it from the store for a couple days.

I don't have a problem with it, as long as they're not selling actual heroic gear or anything. Hell I would probably even be interested in that +100% exp thing, it would make it far less painful to level alts.
    Avatar art by tumblr user kounyoukai

Herald of the Titans TheEaterofSouls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    They are easy to get now, over half way through the expansion. What about next expansion when your dailies are being limited due to reputation gating?
    Why are you trying to predict the future? We have absolutely no idea how getting next exp. currency will even work?!

Now if they put in a way to grind out store currency in game that would be fine. Look to Rift or LotRo for decent examples of unobtrusive cash shops.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Just to be clear, the XP buff for cash has existed for some time in a sneaky way through RAF.

However, it is obviously not Blizzard's intention to set up a cash shop in WoW just to sell XP buffs. It will start with charms and who knows what will be on there next year.

Blizzard is not stupid, but the people that pay their bills are. They obviously won't overwhelm everybody with a greedy cash shop, but they will ease us into being ok with it and gradually sell more and more things.

I mean I knew that eventually Blizzard would hop onto the cash shop train, but I thought they would at least wait until the subscription model wasn't ridiculously profitable anymore. I think that it is poor timing for such greed and I am disgusted.

I don't give a damn about charms or XP buffs, but the moment I see 500 valor being sold for 10 dollars I will peace out and never look back.

Quote Originally Posted by uiemad View Post
    Look, you either cash shop, or you do monthly cost. Doing both is money grubbing at its worst. I don't usually like to use slipper slope arguments. But when Blizzard first implemented pet store people were upset. Blizzard said not to worry it would be only cosmetic things. Now it's actually game advantage things and they're saying not to worry its just Asia. To me this shows they're all ready heading down the slope and I do not like it.
    I never understood that "money grubbing" argument, because last time I checked I could well control my spending habbits and I don't care in the least bit if somebody else cannot. Just like I don't care how somebody esel plays a game to find enjoyment.

Apart from that: Have you considered that they looked at SW:ToR and saw how that crashed and burned and they plan long ahead and see that WoW will one day HAVE to go F2P and then they will NEED an ingame store? They already announced they expect another big sub loss by the end of the year.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzzen View Post
    Yes, but you can still only get 3 per week, so who cares? If I want to spend $15 (hypothetical) every week instead of doing dailies why do any of you care and how does it affect you? Quick answer, it doesn't.

Some people have 1 to 2 hours every day to play and would rather do raids, CMs, alts instead of Charm farming. If you have the time or like the farming then do that.

I highly doubt you would ever see gear or anything that provides a REAL advantage to anyone in their in game store.
    Of course it affects me if others get a free pass on dailys and I do not unless I pay.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    There isn't an "I don't care." option? Because I really don't care as long as they keep gear/ greater runes/ VP out of it.
    This. I would have selected a "Don't care" option. Until they start selling things that usually require skill to get (rather than farming), I won't care. Cosmetic/convenience stuff is fine. I probably won't buy it, but its existence in a real money store won't offend me.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    The realm first leveling race is not a valid argument. First of all hardly any people give a shit about that. Also Blizzard does have the tech to turn off XP buffs. Like heirlooms. So they could just turn the XP boost off for a couple days or even a month. Or they can just remove it from the store for a couple days.
    Company's often turn off cash flows...............

Sure they could turn it off but why would they. The people who care about world/realm firsts will bitch and moan about the boosts then break down and buy em.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Maybe Blizz should figure out why their losing so many damn subs instead of resulting into something that will make even more people quit.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Maybe Blizz should figure out why their losing so many damn subs instead of resulting into something that will make even more people quit.
    Oh..but that would be easy. Just listen to the clever people on these forums.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Company's often turn off cash flows...............

Sure they could turn it off but why would they. The people who care about world firsts will bitch and moan about the boosts then break down and buy em.
    Exactly. I was just saying they could do it. They probably never will, but it's an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    Of course it affects me if others get a free pass on dailys and I do not unless I pay.
    Thing is. If you were too busy to get the currency then. You have nothing to complain about, because you had trouble getting these before the option to purchase was even set up.

The store, if it comes to pass, would really have no effect on my game play whatsoever, so it doesn't bother me personally. But as long as they keep it to an experience or reputation buff increase, or even non-achievement mounts and pets I see no problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh..but that would be easy. Just listen to the clever people on these forums.
    These forums are a minority believe it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Now if they put in a way to grind out store currency in game that would be fine. Look to Rift or LotRo for decent examples of unobtrusive cash shops.
    No. It will end up like GW2 where you can either grind 5 hours per day for 2 months for a legendary or whip out a credit card and get it in 5 minutes. Many people are ok with that, but it clearly divides communities. (smart from stupid imo )