Poll: Opinion Game Store

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Look, you either cash shop, or you do monthly cost. Doing both is money grubbing at its worst. I don't usually like to use slipper slope arguments. But when Blizzard first implemented pet store people were upset. Blizzard said not to worry it would be only cosmetic things. Now it's actually game advantage things and they're saying not to worry its just Asia. To me this shows they're all ready heading down the slope and I do not like it.

I don't think that this poll reflects all the views. It should also have no, and I will leave. And any others that resemble this in both categories.

The realm first leveling race is not a valid argument. First of all hardly any people give a shit about that. Also Blizzard does have the tech to turn off XP buffs. Like heirlooms. So they could just turn the XP boost off for a couple days or even a month. Or they can just remove it from the store for a couple days.

I don't have a problem with it, as long as they're not selling actual heroic gear or anything. Hell I would probably even be interested in that +100% exp thing, it would make it far less painful to level alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    They are easy to get now, over half way through the expansion. What about next expansion when your dailies are being limited due to reputation gating?
    Why are you trying to predict the future? We have absolutely no idea how getting next exp. currency will even work?!

Now if they put in a way to grind out store currency in game that would be fine. Look to Rift or LotRo for decent examples of unobtrusive cash shops.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Just to be clear, the XP buff for cash has existed for some time in a sneaky way through RAF.

However, it is obviously not Blizzard's intention to set up a cash shop in WoW just to sell XP buffs. It will start with charms and who knows what will be on there next year.

Blizzard is not stupid, but the people that pay their bills are. They obviously won't overwhelm everybody with a greedy cash shop, but they will ease us into being ok with it and gradually sell more and more things.

I mean I knew that eventually Blizzard would hop onto the cash shop train, but I thought they would at least wait until the subscription model wasn't ridiculously profitable anymore. I think that it is poor timing for such greed and I am disgusted.

I don't give a damn about charms or XP buffs, but the moment I see 500 valor being sold for 10 dollars I will peace out and never look back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzzen View Post
    Yes, but you can still only get 3 per week, so who cares? If I want to spend $15 (hypothetical) every week instead of doing dailies why do any of you care and how does it affect you? Quick answer, it doesn't.

Some people have 1 to 2 hours every day to play and would rather do raids, CMs, alts instead of Charm farming. If you have the time or like the farming then do that.

I highly doubt you would ever see gear or anything that provides a REAL advantage to anyone in their in game store.
    Of course it affects me if others get a free pass on dailys and I do not unless I pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    There isn't an "I don't care." option? Because I really don't care as long as they keep gear/ greater runes/ VP out of it.
    This. I would have selected a "Don't care" option. Until they start selling things that usually require skill to get (rather than farming), I won't care. Cosmetic/convenience stuff is fine. I probably won't buy it, but its existence in a real money store won't offend me.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    The realm first leveling race is not a valid argument. First of all hardly any people give a shit about that. Also Blizzard does have the tech to turn off XP buffs. Like heirlooms. So they could just turn the XP boost off for a couple days or even a month. Or they can just remove it from the store for a couple days.
    Company's often turn off cash flows...............

Sure they could turn it off but why would they. The people who care about world/realm firsts will bitch and moan about the boosts then break down and buy em.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Maybe Blizz should figure out why their losing so many damn subs instead of resulting into something that will make even more people quit.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post

Sure they could turn it off but why would they. The people who care about world firsts will bitch and moan about the boosts then break down and buy em.
    Exactly. I was just saying they could do it. They probably never will, but it's an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    Of course it affects me if others get a free pass on dailys and I do not unless I pay.
    Thing is. If you were too busy to get the currency then. You have nothing to complain about, because you had trouble getting these before the option to purchase was even set up.

The store, if it comes to pass, would really have no effect on my game play whatsoever, so it doesn't bother me personally. But as long as they keep it to an experience or reputation buff increase, or even non-achievement mounts and pets I see no problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh..but that would be easy. Just listen to the clever people on these forums.
    These forums are a minority believe it or not.

Now if they put in a way to grind out store currency in game that would be fine. Look to Rift or LotRo for decent examples of unobtrusive cash shops.
    No. It will end up like GW2 where you can either grind 5 hours per day for 2 months for a legendary or whip out a credit card and get it in 5 minutes. Many people are ok with that, but it clearly divides communities. (smart from stupid imo )

10+ Year Old Account

Sure they could turn it off but why would they.
    Why did they break world's first raiders' ability to faction change their entire guild in week one of a tier to get a new lockout and do normal and heroic the same week? Guild-wide faction changes are cash flow.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Thing is. If you were too busy to get the currency then. You have nothing to complain about, because you had trouble getting these before the option to purchase was even set up.
    The thing is that if i dont pay the price then I fall behind those that do and it's bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really mind it... I played for two years before I started raiding, and in those two years, my 15$ a month went to talking in chat primarily, maybe a quest here or there, leveling if I was really bored, but I really just liked guild chat. Paying for it solely to chat felt just as worth it as paying for it to raid.

As for ingame store, no one will -make- you use it, and yes, you would have to pay 15$ to play the game, 15$ is access to the game itself, but the ingame store is optional. I find the free level 80 you got for recruiting a friend/being recruited what ever it was a lot more threatening to WoW than being able to buy pets within the game or an exp buff.

At some point WoW will become free to play, possibly in the next few years, this is something that will keep them going until they feel the game has worn down enough to not stay a float.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    The thing is that if i dont pay the price then I fall behind those that do and it's bullshit.
    Would be glorious. Buy my reputation cap, buy my charms. Leaves me to do the only thing in WoW that is worthwhile. Raiding.