Poll: Opinion Game Store

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    i dont really care either way. if its all cosmetic stuff i dont see a problem. Xp boosts, mounts, MAYBE tabards or something. that sort of stuff
    This. A thousand times this.

They will NEVER sell raiding/PVP gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Or, and this is just an idea, it's because it's waning in popularity and it's no longer at its peak of subscribers.

Casual gamers are the largest dividend of players in the game.

Sure, you won't admit it, but I'm pretty sure you know that's a fact as much as I do.
    You keep saying that casual players are the target of this but a casual player is not in any rush to reach max level the people that you can guarantee will buy this are raiders who are rushing to complete end game content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzzen View Post
    No, sorry, you don't. It's LESSER CHARMS. You grind yours and someone else buys theirs. You are both done for the week and nobody is "behind".
    So valor points / conquest points should be in the store too?

Or, and this is just an idea, it's because it's waning in popularity and it's no longer at its peak of subscribers.

Casual gamers are the largest dividend of players in the game.

Sure, you won't admit it, but I'm pretty sure you know that's a fact as much as I do.
    Quit putting words in my mouth and my point stands. A casual game means less dedication and less play value which is the main reason why this game has siphoned off most of the hardcore crowd in both PvP and PvE.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    Quit putting words in my mouth and my point stands. A casual game means less dedication and less play value which is the main reason why this game has siphoned off most of the hardcore crowd in both PvP and PvE.
    Yet the game has more content and value in it that it ever did in Vanilla, BC, Wrath, and Cataclysm.

So, your point is kind of devoid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    You keep saying that casual players are the target of this but a casual player is not in any rush to reach max level the people that you can guarantee will buy this are raiders who are rushing to complete end game content.
    ????? I'm not saying casual gamers are the target of the experience potion.

I'm saying casual gamers are the main demograph of WoW. That started when more and more people joined the game during/after BC.

I'm not someone who would buy the potion because I, personally, find no need for it.

Someone else may though! It's nice to have the option there.

Deleted
    Well if it means that WoW goes F2P in the long run I am up for it. It is really pointless to sub atm...

Yet the game has more content and value in it that it ever did in Vanilla, BC, Wrath, and Cataclysm.

I am pretty sure there are less zones than Wrath and less dungeons than TBC, Wrath and Cata it is looking likely that there will be less tiers than Wrath as well.

- - - Updated - - -

????? I'm not saying casual gamers are the target of the experience potion.

I'm saying casual gamers are the main demograph of WoW. That started when more and more people joined the game during/after BC.

I'm not someone who would buy the potion because I, personally, find no need for it.

Someone else may though! It's nice to have the option there.
    Are you serious? There might be more content, but we burn through it quicker than we ever have. I can run all 4 wings of ToT, kill Oon and Nalak, and even valor cap with 6 hours of play time at most as a DPS, after that its logging in for 20 mins a day to do my daily Hscen.

Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Slippery slope whether the thing sold is for convenience, cosmetic or otherwise.

It destroys the "purity" of the game, even cosmetic stuff - face it a lot of people play for "pretty pixels", allowing you to buy said "pretty pixels" is practically P2W.

A game has rules, introducing Real World money to break the rules is just wrong. Imagine if a professional basketball player can pay for extra free throws or bonus points when their shoot and scores.

Are you serious? There might be more content, but we burn through it quicker than we ever have. I can run all 4 wings of ToT, kill Oon and Nalak, and even valor cap with 6 hours of play time at most as a DPS, after that its logging in for 20 mins a day to do my daily Hscen.
    We burn through it quicker because there isn't gating nor attunements, which they tried to re-implement and the community complained.

LFR is there for those who want to use it (specifically being the casual crowd).

Can you do all of that on Heroic Mode, though? I'd actually take that as a legitimate claim then.

Also, there isn't just raiding if you couldn't tell, but I feel as though no matter what I say you will label me as wrong.

Well my subscription is due at the end of this month, and I've cancelled payment already for other reasons.

This new just confirms that I was right to do so. I don't want any part of this, so after 8 years, I'm taking my money elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I am pretty sure there are less zones than Wrath and less dungeons than TBC, Wrath and Cata it is looking likely that there will be less tiers than Wrath as well.
    Actually if I remember correctly (I might be wrong) Pandaria was found to be larger than Outlands and I think close to the size of Northrend.

Just because it has less dungeons doesn't mean it has less content. The amount of scenarios, along with them having a number of original zones, outnumber or are on par with past dungeons.

And also, less tiers than Wrath? It's one tier!

I don't know if you liked ToC but I don't even really consider that a tier of raiding. It had lazy written all over it.

Wrath's my favorite expansion (Namely for the fun I had with my friends and the story) but even I consider Mists has more content than Wrath ever had to offer.

Yet the casuals who play the game are:

1. The largest group of players in the game
    2. The largest group of sub losses from the game
    Actually there is no proof of that.
    "Lack of casual engagement" was the expression used, which means low numbers of casual players participating in or playing the content.
    So if the casuals are not those playing the content, who is ?
    Who is making up the greater numbers of players in LFR ?
    Could it be the former traditional raiders who are abandoning a sinking ship ?

The largest losses are from the asian regions, which tend to have a considerably different subscription model to that we do.
    They pay per hour at internet cafes.

Is the game too unfriendly towards achieving something in fairly constrained time periods ?
    Could that be why XP boosts of short duration are making an appearance, potentially "only in selected regions" ?
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-07-09 at 08:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elaris View Post
    Well my subscription is due at the end of this month, and I've cancelled payment already for other reasons.

This new just confirms that I was right to do so. I don't want any part of this, so after 8 years, I'm taking my money elsewhere.
    So you are going to waste your money, have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

As long as it doesn't reduce what ingame swag we get for "free"(complimentary to our monthly game time fee), why not?
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Actually there is no proof of that.
    "Lack of casual engagement" was the expression used, which means low numbers of casual players participating in or playing the content.
    So if the casuals are not those playing the content, who is ?
    Who is making up the greater numbers of players in LFR ?
    Could it be the former traditional raiders who are abandoning a sinking ship ?

The largest losses are from the asian regions, which tend to have a considerably different subscription model to that we do.
    They pay per hour at internet cafes.

Is the game too unfriendly towards achieving something in fairly constrained time periods ?
    Actually if you go back to when the last sub losses were reported, Blizzard outright said most of the sub losses were from China and from the Casual Player demograph.

I don't know though. I don't have all the answers. Most of those people left I think because of the initial spur of dailies until they tweeked all of the issues Mists initially had.

That's just my guess, but I'm basing off what I've seen Blizzard state.

We burn through it quicker because there isn't gating nor attunements, which they tried to re-implement and the community complained.

LFR is there for those who want to use it (specifically being the casual crowd).

Can you do all of that on Heroic Mode, though? I'd actually take that as a legitimate claim then.

Also, there isn't just raiding if you couldn't tell, but I feel as though no matter what I say you will label me as wrong.
    Once again, quit putting words in my mouth.

Why would I want to devote 3-4 hours 3-5 times a week to a guild just to see content when I can sit in a 15 min queue and kill every single boss they would?

I'm as far as a I need to go on rep for all factions so no dailies need to be done and the PvP this expansion has gone down the drain.

Once again, quit putting words in my mouth.

Why would I want to devote 3-4 hours 3-5 times a week to a guild just to see content when I can sit in a 15 min queue and kill every single boss they would?

I'm as far as a I need to go on rep for all factions so no dailies need to be done and the PvP this expansion has gone down the drain.
    For better gear, prestige, reward, accomplishment, and more content. There's an exclusive boss and content in the Heroic mode of ToT. Same goes for any other raid that's been introduced in game (Not along the lines of a boss, but extra phases and what not).

If that's how you see it, sure, just do LFR if you're happy with it, but that's not the only content the game has to offer.

If the only content you think exists in the game is raiding, then oh well, there's no use in me debating this with you, is there?

Also, the steps they've taken with PVP so balance doesn't fall out of control is more than they've ever done for the game's PVP affair, not to mention they also added a new Arena and Battleground.

Actually if you go back to when the last sub losses were reported, Blizzard outright said most of the sub losses were from China and from the Casual Player demograph.

I don't know though. I don't have all the answers. Most of those people left I think because of the initial spur of dailies until they tweeked all of the issues Mists initially had.

That's just my guess, but I'm basing off what I've seen Blizzard state.
    And what is the "causal player demograph" ?
    Casual players are those who cannot commit the play time consistently, in that it might be broken up into a number of shorter periods rather than the raiding-friendly form of several hours consecutively.
    By that definition, does that not describe that subscription model ?

The entry point of the game is unfriendly towards players who's play is in short durations, and perhaps inconsistent in timing.
    The entry point being unfriendly towards causal players.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And what is the "causal player demograph" ?
    Casual players are those who cannot commit the play time consistently, in that it might be broken up into a number of shorter periods rather than the raiding-friendly form of several hours consecutively.
    By that definition, does that not describe that subscription model ?

The entry point of the game is unfriendly towards players who's play is in short durations, and perhaps inconsistent in timing.
    The entry point being unfriendly towards causal players.
    I'm more-so saying "Casual Player Demograph" just to dictate I'm talking about those who play the game casually.

And what do you mean by unfriendly? Can you elaborate? I have no idea how you play the game so you might be able to give me more insight than I currently have.