Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Will Blizzard redo questing again?

As the title says, do you think questing will be redone? The current questing is insanely out of date. There are countless things that would confuse a player going into WoW, unless next expansion, Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor are frozen in time as during Cataclysm, Northrend syndrom.

I know it'd be confusing to see people talking about 'The New Warchief Garrosh Hellscream', and 'Thrall has left us' then finding out the warchief has been replaced again. Also, all the talk of a cataclysm happening around you being the main premise of leveling a new character from 1-60 feels stale, it feels liek we're living in the past, Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor are the face of Azeroth, and freezing them in time just isn't logical. It needs to be changed to a storyline that isn't dependent on era, similar to Vanilla WoW questing.

well, it'd be nice. since so much has changed. but, with all their millions, they apparently need to choose between lore or content. so, to keep the raider's from having a full on anal collapse, they will always choose making raids over keep the game up to date.

I am curious to see how will Blizzard handle this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    well, it'd be nice. since so much has changed. but, with all their millions, they apparently need to choose between lore or content. so, to keep the raider's from having a full on anal collapse, they will always choose making raids over keep the game up to date.
    Also, THIS^

It's sad how Blizzard doesn't give a sh!t about internal consistency and storytelling.

NOOO, we can't leave the raiders unattended for one second, or they'll start rage-quitting WoW!
    Signature in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by SidheKnight View Post
    I am curious to see how will Blizzard handle this.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, THIS^

It's sad how Blizzard doesn't give a sh!t about internal consistency and storytelling.

NOOO, we can't leave the raiders unattended for one second, or they'll start rage-quitting WoW!
    Makes me wonder why they don't just hire a team like guild wars 2 has, to go around every patch and tune up the world a little, adding new, fun things to do, keeping it WORLD of warcraft. Not one zone with 12 bosses of warcraft.

I think it'll probably stay as it is until WoW2. In 2134.

Really, the static nature of the world due to its function as leveling grounds is not a good structure for a story like Warcraft's. Fundamental problem with the MMO. Don't think it can be fixed in WoW's lifetime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Makes me wonder why they don't just hire a team like guild wars 2 has, to go around every patch and tune up the world a little, adding new, fun things to do, keeping it WORLD of warcraft. Not one zone with 12 bosses of warcraft.
    That would really get in the way of questing though. GW2 has scaled content.

Also there's only so many little things you can add and have it make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I am Murloc!
    As Chris Metzen said - Do you want updated old zones or a new x-pac?

Part of the drive for new expansions are new zones - which means more and more zones Blizz would have to update on top of making content for the new expansion
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

No. They're not going to redo old content anymore even if it really needs updates(draenei and blood elf starting zones).

There's no need for them to update the old zones, no idea why they'd waste their time on it. Questing is slow as hell anyway for leveling, and if you queue for dungeons you completely outlevel zones far before you can finish them for the story anyway. Besides, would you really rather have old content you'll play once, or new BGs/5mans/raids you'll do multiple times? Seems like common sense to me.

/facepalm

Is it really that cool to punch the raiders all the time? No, it's not their fault. Re-doing a complete world requires an insane amount of work.
    Besides, if you really want a consistent world, every named NPC for a quest must be deleted from YOUR world after you defeated him and turned in the quest. Dungeons would only be accessable one time.
    But hey, if it's all that easy, why don't you turn in a job application and show us?

doubt it, think of how much work went into that. like 3000 new quests for the new world or something. its fine the way it is. updating outlands MAYBE an option, but i dont find it that appealing.

Frankly I'm still pissed they screwed up all the old zones. Lot of nostalgia for the old world.
    i7 3770K OC @ 4.5Ghz; ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 MOBO; Antec Lanboy Air Black Case; 2X GTX 480 SLI OC @ 800/1500 clocks; 16GB 1866Mhz RAM; 256GB CORSAIR SSD; 2X Phobya DC12-400 Pumps; Koolance 370 r1.1 CPU Block; 2X Heatkiller GPU-X GPU Blocks; Tygon Silver 1/2" ID Tubing; Microreservoir

Sadly this. Apparently they're only willing to hire the best of the best of the best, because they say they get tons of applications, but they're so understaffed that they can only deliver a handful of content. I didn't realize it took the best to write a quest telling me to go kill a dozen boars, then for someone else to program said boars into the game.

They constantly acknowledge that there is an issue with TBC expansion and it's continuity, but then they go and put even more of it in with their overhaul. It set them up for a horrible precedent where they're going to need to update it every other expansion so the story flows well and doesn't feel broken up.

they said, they might update outland 1 day. but thats about it

It's a neverending cycle if you start updating the world as it gets outdated, and you would have to do it for almost every expansion, leaving much diminished resources for new content.

Just editing the quest text would be pretty easy and not time consuming. (one would think).
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week the Easter bunny mythology is analyzed. Check it out!

Doubt they'd change Outland much. For the most part it doesn't need changes. At most they might flesh out the quest flow a little bit to make it a bit smoother. Also it's not like Azeroth where a lot changed in the intervening time lore-wise. TBC questing content still has to reflect TBC's era.

Everyone has forgotten Cata already?

I really really enjoyed the new 1-60, but only like 5% of people did it more than once (I know plenty of people who have never ever done the new 1-60).

Which is a real shame.

I am afraid even I take more end game content > rehased 1-60 again.

Or is this another "I want more and I must have everything and I must have it NOW!" post?

Doubt they'd change Outland much. For the most part it doesn't need changes. At most they might flesh out the quest flow a little bit to make it a bit smoother. Also it's not like Azeroth where a lot changed in the intervening time lore-wise. TBC questing content still has to reflect TBC's era.

So let me get this straight, you are suggesting a new expansion with no end game content would be a good idea....
    I... I have no words, nor enough hands to sufficiently face palm.

Your barbed comments aside, Blizzard will likely continue to make content that appeals to the largest segment of their games population, because that is what makes the most sense on just about every level.

Super sunny ...eh....wet and windy Scotland
    After all the hate they got for *wasting* their time updating the 1-60 zones in Cata, therefore reducing the time and resources to give more end game content, I dunno if they will.

I'd love them to, I adore the new 1-60 redo, but I love levelling toons and questing, alot of people don't.