Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    I am Murloc! Lumpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Birmingham UK/Arizona US
    Posts
    5,860

    Horde is family - A Horde appreciation thread

    The horde is family

    Lets hear it for the faction that is the underdog a bastion for Azeroth's dregs, the unwanted, the downbeaten.

    We are a group that wants to pick our faces up from the muck and group that gives second chances, a group that forgives past mistakes and wants to strive for a better future.

    Our faction is made up of the unwanted, drug (Magic) addicted, undead, blood crazed, vagabonds.

    Sure our current guy is a little unbalanced but thats what makes him unique

    Lets hear it for the horde show your appreciation


    (Yeah i do troll as a bloodthristy orc but it doesnt mean that deep down it doesnt mean that i dont love what the horde really means and thats a place for those who dont belong, to have a place to stand together and fight back)

    If you allies wish to make a thread for ally pride im down for that i will even chip in i have a worgen alt

  2. #2
    Scarab Lord Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,472
    Speaking as an Alliance player, I love the Horde. And I love Vol'jin's interpretation of what it means to be Horde.
    However, speaking as my Alliance character, I can completely understand my dwarf's point of view.

    To him, the undead to the far north are a self-conscious scourge remnant and a threat to all life on Azeroth.
    To him, the orcs in the red sands are the sons and daughters of unwanted invaders who expect us to share the precious resources of this world.
    To him, the island trolls are remnants of a vicious cannibalistic society that had their chance; and failed.
    To him, the blood elves are traitorous elves consorting with demons who betray their high elven roots.
    To him, the tauren are superstitious nomads standing in the way of archeological advances and science.
    And so forth, and so forth.

    And you know what this means? At the core; Good writing. Nothing to do with faction pride. The best thing Blizzard ever did was to nurture this feeling of perpetual animosity by giving both sides equal reasons to say "our point of view makes sense, because.." while making neither view superior to the other.

    And if you, as a Horde player, felt a smidge of anger or concern or grudge when you read my dwarf's views... then that just further proves my point. Good writing.
    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

  3. #3
    Unique... and dead. Some current head of the 'family' he makes.

    Unfortunately the Horde has become far from being a family. The one who is supposed to lead it has become Pro-Greenskin excluding the trolls, kicking the 'other' relatives out unless they are fearing him enough to stay at his side. I don't see the 'family' aspect in how the Horde currently is, though how it USED TO BE is a whole different matter. The old Horde was more of a family than it is now with being more receptive towards each other and far less backstabbing and whispering behind someone's back. We see a little of this family hoodoo shimmer through with seeing almost everyone conspire against Garrosh, but Garrosh's reign is surely overclouding it.

    Horde and Alliance have switched places since Mists of Pandaria; now the Alliance feels more united as a family than the Horde does.

    Don't get me wrong... I love the Horde but I just can't agree on the family part you were trying to push forward; it isn't there though I see it returning once Garrosh is wiped away from the throne. He's just... that alcoholic abusive stephdad you really don't want in your life anymore. At least that is how I see him after experiencing such a stephdad myself. Never the less, yes... I love how the Horde is mostly the unwanted of the races which are sticking together; that is their charm and I hope that won't change.

  4. #4
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    18,513
    OP.. I'll be convinced you believe your own words... when you take down your avatar of the douche who made this family almost split up.

    also, it wasn't Vol'jin who talks about horde being family, its Thrall who tells him this, and if anything vol'jin just copies the ideal rather then having his own.

    And thats why I don't think I could stand vol'jin as leader of the horde, he doesn't have his own ideals, he just follows someone elses. At least Thrall has his own priniples and ideals when it was given the mantle from doomhammer.

    Hell, even garrosh followed his own ideals that, well trying to follow his fathers footsteps, also had a dark corrupt view on what the horde is. Garrosh might have been bad but at least he held his own principles. Vol'jin hasn't shown anything of having his own ideal, he just wants to copy Thralls, which means he won't bring anything new to the horde.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-07-11 at 02:30 PM.

  5. #5
    I am Murloc! Lumpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Birmingham UK/Arizona US
    Posts
    5,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    OP.. I'll be convinced you believe your own words... when you take down your avatar of the douche who made this family almost split up.
    OH trassk dont you know me by now

    I love garrosh from the start cause everyone hated him from the start

    Just like the horde he was unwanted, a guy who had serious problems which i could relate too but tried his best but his demons got the better of him

    I relate to him and i will not condemn him and i will mourn him

  6. #6
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    18,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    OH trassk dont you know me by now

    I love garrosh from the start cause everyone hated him from the start

    Just like the horde he was unwanted, a guy who had serious problems but tried his best but his demons got the better of him

    I relate to him and i will not condemn him and i will mourn him
    A character who has demons and overcomes them in redemption is indeed a character who's worth following because they try to better themselves and know there faults and what to overcome. Even if they don't fully overcome them, the fact they try is merit enough to give them credit for.

    Garrosh has none of this. If he became better and learned, overcoming his major faults, I would agree with you. But your follow a character who hasn't learned anything, hasn't grown, and all he leaves is a bad stain on the horde that its now going to have to work to wipe clean.

    there is a reason why its been said Garrosh doesn't believe in family. So don't try and work garrosh into it like he's part of it. he's not.

  7. #7
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    OH trassk dont you know me by now

    I love garrosh from the start cause everyone hated him from the start

    Just like the horde he was unwanted, a guy who had serious problems which i could relate too but tried his best but his demons got the better of him

    I relate to him and i will not condemn him and i will mourn him
    ... Doesn't change the fact that Garrosh pretty much tore the family apart.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Speaking as an Alliance player, I love the Horde. And I love Vol'jin's interpretation of what it means to be Horde.
    However, speaking as my Alliance character, I can completely understand my dwarf's point of view.

    To him, the undead to the far north are a self-conscious scourge remnant and a threat to all life on Azeroth.
    To him, the orcs in the red sands are the sons and daughters of unwanted invaders who expect us to share the precious resources of this world.
    To him, the island trolls are remnants of a vicious cannibalistic society that had their chance; and failed.
    To him, the blood elves are traitorous elves consorting with demons who betray their high elven roots.
    To him, the tauren are superstitious nomads standing in the way of archeological advances and science.
    And so forth, and so forth.

    And you know what this means? At the core; Good writing. Nothing to do with faction pride. The best thing Blizzard ever did was to nurture this feeling of perpetual animosity by giving both sides equal reasons to say "our point of view makes sense, because.." while making neither view superior to the other.

    And if you, as a Horde player, felt a smidge of anger or concern or grudge when you read my dwarf's views... then that just further proves my point. Good writing.
    Pfffft... Boring, stoic old dwarf! :P

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  8. #8
    The Horde is family

    But...... families don't always get along either

  9. #9
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    The horde is family

    Lets hear it for the faction that is the underdog a bastion for Azeroth's dregs, the unwanted, the downbeaten.

    We are a group that wants to pick our faces up from the muck and group that gives second chances, a group that forgives past mistakes and wants to strive for a better future.

    Our faction is made up of the unwanted, drug (Magic) addicted, undead, blood crazed, vagabonds.

    Sure our current guy is a little unbalanced but thats what makes him unique

    Lets hear it for the horde show your appreciation


    (Yeah i do troll as a bloodthristy orc but it doesnt mean that deep down it doesnt mean that i dont love what the horde really means and thats a place for those who dont belong, to have a place to stand together and fight back)

    If you allies wish to make a thread for ally pride im down for that i will even chip in i have a worgen alt
    ... A little? :P

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  10. #10
    I am Murloc! Lumpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Birmingham UK/Arizona US
    Posts
    5,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... A little? :P
    That maybe a little hyberbolic LOL

    Dont you guys see where im coming from

    The horde is made up of flawed individuals not like that other faction who is made up of square chined good guys who for some reason cant do no wrong.

    Im a guy who can see past mistakes i can see that we aint perfect its the reason i wont condemn anyone

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The Horde is family

    But...... families don't always get along either
    Aint that the godamn truth

  11. #11
    Garry can burn...... hate the guy.

    Thrall is the one TRUE Warchief. Voljin shares the same ideals as Thrall when they built the horde and baine having grown up under his fathers ideals shares them (going so far to say that he wants to help the horde his father created not tear it apart or similar)

    I do hope after all this mess is over with The blood elves Tauren Trolls and orcs can work closer together. The goblins wont mind as they will get paid once again. Just leaves the forsaken.....

  12. #12
    Warchief Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    2,133
    The Horde will always be a misunderstood family. Thats what makes it so awesome.

    I still hate what Blizzard did to Garrosh.

    At the beginning of Cata, sure he and Vol'jin got into a huge argument, but I just saw that as 2 brothers fighting.
    Then when he showed up in Stonetalon to stop a certain someone, thats when you saw his good side.

    He just seemed like that big brother who pretended to hate everything but deep down, he was a good guy.
    Then MoP happened and Blizzard went with it's lame overused "Arrg huge twist, Garrosh is now a bad guy".

    RIP old Garrosh.

    Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

  13. #13
    Herald of the Titans Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Right to your throat
    Posts
    2,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    also, it wasn't Vol'jin who talks about horde being family, its Thrall who tells him this, and if anything vol'jin just copies the ideal rather then having his own.
    Nah, Trassk, this is so wrong. Vol'jin have an entire novel in which reason most of the time what it means to be a Troll and what it means to be Horde, so saying that Vol'jin copy-paste Thrall's ideals is a bit silly. What he says to you in the 5.3 is for his personal reasoning (since the events take place after the end of the novel) and if he and Thrall have similarities in ideals, is only because they founded the Horde with Cairne, so they know it better than anyone else. Thrall doesn't have the copyright on these "ideals".

    I know that you are now pissed at the thought of the palpable possibility of "Warchief Vol'jin" and you're a bit scared of that, but now grasping at every trivial detail for bring down Vol'jin before Thrall is a bit lame.

    You say that Vol'jin wouldn't bring something new, and ignoring the fact that I don't want Vol'jin as warchief myself, I know that you want Thrall as Warchief again, and I don't think that would bring "freshness" to be honest.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-07-11 at 11:36 PM.
    Darkspear never die

    Mean things about night elves.

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer OzoAndIndi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    3,544
    I'm a Rogue, on both sides, what's faction loyalty?

    For the Horde! Alliance as well! If I had to (or could) side with an exact faction though that wasn't one of those two, For Ravenholdt!

  15. #15
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    18,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post

    I know that you are now pissed at the thought of the palpable possibility of "Warchief Vol'jin" and you're a bit scared of that, but now grasping at every trivial detail for bring down Vol'jin before Thrall is a bit lame.

    You say that Vol'jin wouldn't bring something new, and ignoring the fact that I don't want Vol'jin as warchief myself, I know that you want Thrall as Warchief again, and I don't think that would bring "freshness" to be honest.
    I'll give you that, I don't want to intentionally bring down Vol'jin, as I like him, he's one of the good guys and he is a founding member of the horde as Thrall built it. I've no reason to stand against him or judge his character.. I just don't see him as being a warchief, its just not his character type. i can't see him being warchief anymore then I could see Moria or Tyrande as defacto leader of the alliance.

    Its to big a role, and after SoO, becoming warchief is going to be a very big task, where focus will go into trying to reestablish ties between the races, keeping the orcs in check given they will be leaderless, preparing the horde for whats to come which Wrathion warned them of. and if its vol'jin, he'd had to do all this, and still try and be leader to his own tribe, who would probably suffer from there leader putting all focus into the rest of the horde.

    No, its better if vol'jin sticks to just his role as leader of the darkspear. You can allow the darkspears to build a stronger presence in the horde, as with the blood elves, but if you hand vol'jin the mantle of warchief, it just muddles the story up big time.

  16. #16
    Herald of the Titans RicardoZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    2,829
    Who needs a Horde appreciation thread? Just log into Metzen's WoW and play his Horde appreciation MMO.

  17. #17
    Warchief Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    2,133
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Who needs a Horde appreciation thread? Just log into Metzen's WoW and play his Horde appreciation MMO.
    I see alot of this "Horde favoritism" stuff, but that was pretty clever. It made me chuckle.

    Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

  18. #18
    Mechagnome Kuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    583
    For the Horde.

  19. #19
    Herald of the Titans Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Right to your throat
    Posts
    2,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I'll give you that, I don't want to intentionally bring down Vol'jin, as I like him, he's one of the good guys and he is a founding member of the horde as Thrall built it. I've no reason to stand against him or judge his character.. I just don't see him as being a warchief, its just not his character type. i can't see him being warchief anymore then I could see Moria or Tyrande as defacto leader of the alliance.

    Its to big a role, and after SoO, becoming warchief is going to be a very big task, where focus will go into trying to reestablish ties between the races, keeping the orcs in check given they will be leaderless, preparing the horde for whats to come which Wrathion warned them of. and if its vol'jin, he'd had to do all this, and still try and be leader to his own tribe, who would probably suffer from there leader putting all focus into the rest of the horde.

    No, its better if vol'jin sticks to just his role as leader of the darkspear. You can allow the darkspears to build a stronger presence in the horde, as with the blood elves, but if you hand vol'jin the mantle of warchief, it just muddles the story up big time.
    I agree with all of this, but my doubts are about Thrall aswell. He could be in a very similar situation, in which the role of Warchief couldn't fit anymore to him. Yeah, he have the experience, the wisdom, the knowledge and all that, but the Horde, regardless of Garrosh, is changed in some degrees, and Thrall changed aswell. He can have the rights for take the mantle again (ignoring the fact that he was the one that made the fatal mistake with Garrosh, but well, I like to see it as a very human mistake brought by personal and emotional involvement, regardless of how terrible that mistake became in retrospective) still this doesn't mean that Thrall could be excatly what the Horde needs now.

    And even guessing that, since the New Horde is in a state of "rebuilding" similar to the one the Old Horde had after the Second War, Thrall could be fitting, the problem could be Thrall himself, and what the guy truly wants: at this point is very hard see him as the Warchief of the Horde again with all the development he had until now. Going to Orgrimmar, face Garrosh and put an end to the madness that plagued his Horde, all started by a personal mistake? That was logical, and he was absolutely needed there. But then feeling comfortable in be the Warchief again? I don't know, I have very strong doubts about it.
    Darkspear never die

    Mean things about night elves.

  20. #20
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    18,513
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I agree with all of this, but my doubts are about Thrall aswell. He could be in a very similar situation, in which the role of Warchief couldn't fit anymore to him. Yeah, he have the experience, the wisdom, the knowledge and all that, but the Horde, regardless of Garrosh, is changed in some degrees, and Thrall changed aswell.
    The horde 'changed' in the sense that under garrosh and those that followed him, those we are now killing off because they were loyal to him. Given, what else has changed is the other races of the horde have grown up some more but they still hold the principles that had them join the horde in the first place.
    The 'change' really comes from the orcs who made the mistake of standing with a corrupt leader, and now are dying because of it. So... that means change happens again.


    He can have the rights for take the mantle again (ignoring the fact that he was the one that made the fatal mistake with Garrosh, but well, I like to see it as a very human mistake brought by personal and emotional involvement, regardless of how terrible that mistake became in retrospective) still this doesn't mean that Thrall could be excatly what the Horde needs now.
    Thrall confesses to everyone he made a mistake, and is even braving going into orgrimmar and facing against Garrosh, without his powers, to correct that mistake.

    you know what really pisses me off here, how morons in this commuity still throw around the 'mary sue' bullshit about Thrall, and yet he is completely admitting he made a mistake, and even going as far to face that mistake in hopes of correcting it. A little tip for all you who don't understand the term, mary sues DON'T MAKE MISTAKES, they live in there on world and never fail at what they set out to do, meaning Thrall, who believed Garrosh would grow into something better, realized later he was wrong, and now has to face that head on. Thats more humble then any of the bullshit i'm seeing from other characters and there right to claim victory.

    And even guessing that, since the New Horde is in a state of "rebuilding" similar to the one the Old Horde had after the Second War, Thrall could be fitting, the problem could be Thrall himself, and what the guy truly wants: at this point is very hard see him as the Warchief of the Horde again with all the development he had until now. Going to Orgrimmar, face Garrosh and put an end to the madness that plagued his Horde, all started by a personal mistake? That was logical, and he was absolutely needed there. But then feeling comfortable in be the Warchief again? I don't know, I have very strong doubts about it.
    In lord of the clans, Thrall became warchief, not because he wanted to, but because the orcs needed him to. He was reluctant to take up the mantle, but he took it because the orcs needed him. He is a character who will do the right thing because he knows it to be that. And if the orcs are lost without him, he would take up there mantle again. There are no other good orc characters left to lead the orcs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •