Poll: Opinion Game Store

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

In-Game Store Opinion Thread

If you read the news lately, Blizzard is experimenting with a Game Store. ( this will start in asia )

For those who haven't read the threads, front page news or the blue tracker. A Game Store is a store in-game where you pay real money to get items, Example 100% more experience buff.
    But i'm sure blizzard is going to expand that with a 100% Reputation buff aswell.

I read in the blue tracker that blizzard is experimenting with it and listens to the community and i got the feeling like blizzard was feeling that the rest of the player base liked the idea.

So let's see if that's true.

Remember, In Game Cash shop will probably be here when we still have to pay a monthly sub.

My answer will be a NO because we already pay monthly and then you can even buy unfair items that can screw up world firsts and everything.
    In my opinion this should never ever come to EU/US it would feel like those asian MMO's then where you can buy all these bullsh!t.

But that's my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

My views have been expressed in the other thread but I'll write the basic notes up here:

- I don't want anything that gives players an in game advantage for sale in the store
    - I don't see an experience boost as a gamebreaking advantage
    - However, I doo see lesser charms and experience boosts as a slippery slope that could lead to things I definitely don't want
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone with a decent amount of disposable income, I welcome the in game store. I doubt we will see game breaking items being sold, more so quality of life improvements. Those who are unable to afford, or are against buying in game perks with real money won't be forced to use the store, and those of us who are up for it will be able to enjoy whatever the store provides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling is already easy ... not sure why people are getting their panties in a bunch over this xp boost item that is supposedly going to be purchasable in game. Who cares if people level faster than you. It doesn't effect your gameplay at all. I'd buy it if I wanted to level alts on another server, since I can't use heirlooms on another server.

Honestly, I say bring it on. Let people buy things in an in-game store. Its just the same as buying pets and mounts ... so it doesn't change how I play my game. And it shouldn't change how you play yours either.

All this speculation over one item data-mined on the PTR ... really better off waiting for an actual announcement and seeing how they test it out before jumping ship.
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

Deleted
    I'm 100% certain we'll keep seeing items added to the PTR, players will rage, then it will be announced WoW Asia is going F2P and although all regions will get the store, the majority of the items will be in the Asian one only with an emphasis of more mounts and pets for the West.

Typical WoW players and their knee jerk reactions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends how far they go with it. Pointless fluff and items of convenience (the XP buff) are alright IMO, but it's a slippery slope.

I do not think an ingame store selling boosts should be in a sub based game. Unless those same boosts can be earned IN GAME as well. The XP boost should be a VP purchase that is BoA for people who think their 15 bucks a month is enough. And lesser charms? WTF NO!
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Things that should be added to ingame store:

Weekly VP cap purchase.
    Weekly CP cap purchase.
    Reputation Boost Elixir.
    Wrath style Reputation Tabard.

Sounds great!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Don't see why another identical thread is needed I don't care what others spend real life money on

There isn't an "I don't care." option? Because I really don't care as long as they keep gear/ greater runes/ VP out of it.

Any other boosts other than a XP boost or rep boost(just for old factions) is pushing the line.

If they do add other boosts other than XP and Rep, then they just might as well drop the sub fee and go F2P. Then people won't give a crap.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    There isn't an "I don't care." option? Because I really don't care as long as they keep gear/ greater runes/ VP out of it.
    Bashiok said lesser charms will be in there...which are obviously going to be turned into greater charms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Any other boosts other than a XP boost or rep boost(just for old factions) is pushing the line.

If they do add other boosts other than XP and Rep, then they just might as well drop the sub fee and go F2P. Then people won't give a crap.
    Would an exp boost during the start of an expansion be okay? Just to help with that race to realm first *insert class* and getting level cap quicker so you can gear for raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their only offering more availability to players whats the harm if you don't like it don't use it.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shikokumaji View Post
    Leveling is already easy ... not sure why people are getting their panties in a bunch over this xp boost item that is supposedly going to be purchasable in game. Who cares if people level faster than you. It doesn't effect your gameplay at all. I'd buy it if I wanted to level alts on another server, since I can't use heirlooms on another server.
    It will start out like that just simple boosts and then you see they are selling lesser charms and slowly it will build up to sell (possibly) dungeon gear but I hope it will stay cosmetics only and won't turn out into a slow P2Win model such as swtor so no. I hope it doesn't come to US/EU

If they do add an in-game shop I would want any item that can be purchased with real money can also be purchased for gold. For example if something in the store cost $1 it could also be bought for 1000 gold. Also I would like to see them add an item like Eve Online uses where you can purchase an item that grants 30 month play time but can also be traded or sold in-game.

Deleted
    Well just my 2 cents. I think it's somewhat fine if you can earn those items from mobs / random chest or if you can buy them with gold.

However i dont think that sub fee games should even have ingame store

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    Bashiok said lesser charms will be in there...which are obviously going to be turned into greater charms.
    Once a week*

They're so easy to get if you play. Plus dailies give you VP as well. If people don't wanna do dailies and would rather pay for the lessers let them. It's not an advantage unless they sell greaters. Because we are limited to 3 a week.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Once a week*

They're so easy to get if you play. Plus dailies give you VP as well. If people don't wanna do dailies and would rather pay for the lessers let them. It's not an advantage unless they sell greaters. Because we are limited to 3 a week.
    They are easy to get now, over half way through the expansion. What about next expansion when your dailies are being limited due to reputation gating?

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer a level playing field in wow. Not one where whoever has the richest daddy or best job dictates who gets the best stuff.

Yes, but you can still only get 3 per week, so who cares? If I want to spend $15 (hypothetical) every week instead of doing dailies why do any of you care and how does it affect you? Quick answer, it doesn't.

Some people have 1 to 2 hours every day to play and would rather do raids, CMs, alts instead of Charm farming. If you have the time or like the farming then do that.

I highly doubt you would ever see gear or anything that provides a REAL advantage to anyone in their in game store.