Poll: Opinion Game Store

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

They should've add a lot of paid in-game options a long, long time ago.
    - They should buy gold from players and sell it to another players, thus killing all the in-game fucking gold spammers, chinese botters and account thiefs. Of course, having their own percent stripped from any deal.
    - They should add option to pay sub with gold legally, and resell gold earned by this back to players. Again, with their own percent stripped.
    - They should add more (no, even MORE! I mean, double or even quadruple what is available now) storage slots per character for real money. Personally I'd love to see some kind of an account-wide stash, so I won't need to waste time on relogging four-five times to get mats for crafting or to prepare a fresh dinged character for endgame.
    Instead of all this needed and long-wanted stuff, they are adding bonus exp bottle for I don't know what reasons. Meh. As if leveling is hard, or takes a lot of time, lol. And those less charms, Blizz, really? Is it so hard to semiafk mindless farm Pandaren rares to gain those?
    I'm all for the shop with more options to save our most precious human resource we have - our time. But the options at the moment are in no way needed by me.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    My views have been expressed in the other thread but I'll write the basic notes up here:

- I don't want anything that gives players an in game advantage for sale in the store
    - I don't see an experience boost as a gamebreaking advantage
    - However, I doo see lesser charms and experience boosts as a slippery slope that could lead to things I definitely don't want
    I agree with these, 100% XP boost is in this day and age is I would dare say something people want. granted to be earned but even if you paid 5-10$ for it all it does is get you to max faster. everything that is offered should be cosmetic, transmog gear, fine. mounts, already pay for the "special" ones so w/e. charms I really don't have a problem with either. if you would pay for them instead of earn them "for free" and get gold out of the work you do for them then be my guest. and I honestly doubt Blizz is going to make the same mistake again like they did with D3. fuck, the version coming to PS3 doesn't even have an auction house.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping it'll come.
    The only thing I really don't like the idea of having it it is gear upgrades I don't even think there should be transmog gear.
    Pets, Mounts, and Buff stuff.
    Buff stuff I think should be limited. Perhaps EXP and Rep that's all.

I mean they're saying it's going to be the same as going to the website but in game.

Deleted
    Could be a amazing way to add really cool cosmetic items (hairstyles, quivers, librams, transmog sets, weapon skins, race skins, tattoos) to the game but sadly I think they will focus on making the levelling content even more faceroll and pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    For better gear, prestige, reward, accomplishment, and more content. There's an exclusive boss and content in the Heroic mode of ToT. Same goes for any other raid that's been introduced in game (Not along the lines of a boss, but extra phases and what not).

If that's how you see it, sure, just do LFR if you're happy with it, but that's not the only content the game has to offer.

If the only content you think exists in the game is raiding, then oh well, there's no use in me debating this with you, is there?

Also, the steps they've taken with PVP so balance doesn't fall out of control is more than they've ever done for the game's PVP affair, not to mention they also added a new Arena and Battleground.
    So they added another box with pillars? oh man. Do the pillars go up and down? And is the new bg who can get the most resources, ctf, or deathmatch, or is it a little bit of all 3?

The PvP changes effectively put Raiding gear better than PvP gear. The game is balanced, probably the most it has been, but the actual game play sucks. The amount CC and the amount of cooldowns, defensive and offensive in this game currently are over the top. They could easily remove half the CC and defensive CDs and there would still be too many.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    First, I am against that Blizzard is selling the same game to Europe/America and Asia and they've different lockouts than us.

I am playing the same game (paying the same monthly fee), so I think I've the right to have the same benefits from it.

I am also completely against this In-Game Store if they add Equipment for Real Money.
    This will give Rich Players an insane advantage and it's not fair. This game is not F2P, so all players should have the same chance.

If they pretend to give players that XP-Boost, I don't give a damn about it. People that don't want to spend real money for it, will have the opportunity to have the same class as the other players around the world.

Also, according to Blizzard rules, they'll not be able to sell ingame items for real money, are they?
    If so, will they lift all the permanent bans that people caught by selling ingame goods for real life money?

If they do it, they're going against their own rules...
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    So they added another box with pillars? oh man. Do the pillars go up and down? And is the new bg who can get the most resources, ctf, or deathmatch, or is it a little bit of all 3?

The PvP changes effectively put Raiding gear better than PvP gear. The game is balanced, probably the most it has been, but the actual game play sucks. The amount CC and the amount of cooldowns, defensive and offensive in this game currently are over the top. They could easily remove half the CC and defensive CDs and there would still be too many.
    Nothing pleases you is the vibe I'm beginning to receive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shikokumaji View Post
    Leveling is already easy ...
    Yes it is but it's also extremely boring if you don't particularly like an expansion. Personally I don't like Pandaria and after leveling one character the thought of another is horrible, and I did 4 characters and had zero fun but had to do it for professions. So I would welcome it for that reason alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    You keep saying that casual players are the target of this but a casual player is not in any rush to reach max level the people that you can guarantee will buy this are raiders who are rushing to complete end game content.
    Hyperbole, and incorrect. I am a casual player not real raiding at all this expac. Would love an xp boost, just so I can have fun doing dungeons and things on alts. I enjoy leveling once then would love to try out different classes at max level. Don't have a main don't have the cloak but off raiding on different characters is really fun! Heal one night then dps the next. Play whenever.

hell I only lfr t14 because it's fun

Quote Originally Posted by Holyground View Post
    Hyperbole, and incorrect. I am a casual player not real raiding at all this expac. Would love an xp boost, just so I can have fun doing dungeons and things on alts. I enjoy leveling once then would love to try out different classes at max level. Don't have a main don't have the cloak but off raiding on different characters is really fun! Heal one night then dps the next. Play whenever.

hell I only lfr t14 because it's fun
    Has it not occurred to you that you just might be the exception and not the rule?

Has it not occurred to you that you just might be the exception and not the rule?
    Hyperbole a figure of speech that is purposefully exaggerated for effect.

saying all casuals do or do not do something is hyperbole. I was contradicting you by showing you a casual that doesn't fall into your stereotype.

more to the point having this enables doesn't hurt people who don't want it. I dont understand people sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyground View Post
    Hyperbole a figure of speech that is purposefully exaggerated for effect.

saying all casuals do or do not do something is hyperbole. I was contradicting you by showing you a casual that doesn't fall into your stereotype.

more to the point having this enables doesn't hurt people who don't want it. I dont understand people sometimes.

Well thank you for the explanation. I guess it is lucky that I never said that all casual players did or did not do something or ,even, anything.

You keep saying that casual players are the target of this but a casual player is not in any rush to reach max level the people that you can guarantee will buy this are raiders who are rushing to complete end game content.
    I'm pretty sure you did.

Helllllll no. The web site store doesn't even need to exist, much less tainting the in game environment. Unless WoW is going f2p? In which case, sure it'll need an in game cash shop. I hadn't heard it was yet although the ever plummeting sub numbers and realm merges would imply it's on the way. Maybe they know something we don't, but as it stands with a 15/mo sub lord no it doesn't need an in game cash shop.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's an unwarranted generalization and defining the behavior of 'casual players' in ways that may or may not have validity.

Well thank you for the explanation. I guess it is lucky that I never said that all casual players did or did not do something or ,even, anything.
    You did though. Right there in the boldfaced part. You might not have meant to but you surely said that. I could say something like 'a casual player is not likely to have any alts' which is ridiculous on the face of it. And the plain fact is that many casual players who have alts may well be in a rush to get to 90. Especially if they've done it a few times already.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-07-09 at 11:53 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no need for a subscription and a in-game shop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Everyone is going to be very very tempted to buy extra convenience, everybody likes more convenience in the games they enjoy. Convenience sells like hot cakes in games. (Else all these "Pay for extra jimmy-jammies $5 each!"-games wouldn't constantly be made for facebook.)
    Perhaps although I know many, many people who play Facebook games who have never dropped a dime on any of them. And why should they? There are a multitude of games to choose from. So you play one for a while until your energy or whatever runs out and then you move on to another one. At least at that level, convenience is highly overrated and overpriced as well.

So, I don't know if that's a very good analogy or not. It remains to be seen what happens to cash shops when there are a dozen plus MMO's out there with decent F2P models. Competition in that case will be most excellent for the consumer.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

A blue post mentioned yesterday that buying Lesser Charms was on the card. So you pay real money to not do dailies effectively. Not an issue for characters with heaps stockpiled, but new players/characters or lazy people would be all over that.

If they bring in micro transactions they should at least reduce the monthly fee though imo, so people who are not lazy get a benefit.

I'm 100% fine with it happening. Makes zero difference to me, not like there will be anything game breaking in there. If people want to buy lesser charms instead of farming them, or buy a potion to level faster, that's fine by me why should I care? Even if they sell transmog gear, makes no difference to me. Only becomes a problem if they sell PvP gear, anything else is largely irrelevant. Hell, even selling PvE gear hardly matters unless it's being sold at the beginning of the tier, since that will mess with world firsts, but like if they sell the ToT raid gear in 5.4 I wouldn't even care, makes no difference to me.