1. #1

    How many actual US/EU PLAYERS are there?

    So WoW is hovering around what, 8 million subs? A lot of people have more than 1 sub. So I would lower that to maybe 6 million at least. A lot of players are in Asia from what I see, so what does that leave in the US and Europe? 2-3 million players each?

    I just wonder because people like to throw around the sub numbers like there are actually that many players in our servers. I'm not sure it's nearly as many as we think.

  2. #2
    Warchief Lei Shi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Terrace of Endless Spring
    Posts
    2,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    So WoW is hovering around what, 8 million subs? A lot of people have more than 1 sub. So I would lower that to maybe 6 million at least. A lot of players are in Asia from what I see, so what does that leave in the US and Europe? 2-3 million players each?

    I just wonder because people like to throw around the sub numbers like there are actually that many players in our servers. I'm not sure it's nearly as many as we think.
    Most likely 4.8mil in asia, 1.5mil in the US, 1.7mil in the EU.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Most likely 4.8mil in asia, 1.5mil in the US, 1.7mil in the EU.
    I don't think the Asian numbers are that high. I think US/EU would make up the majority since the vast majority of the losses have been in Asia.

  4. #4
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    327
    I don't know but it's going to be -1 at the end of this month

  5. #5
    Warchief Lei Shi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Terrace of Endless Spring
    Posts
    2,073
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I don't think the Asian numbers are that high. I think US/EU would make up the majority since the vast majority of the losses have been in Asia.
    They say the bulk of WoW subs are in asia, that would imply it's at least around 60% (4.8mil).

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Most likely 4.8mil in asia, 1.5mil in the US, 1.7mil in the EU.
    Unless something changed after they tracked separately, NA should be higher than EU.


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    They say the bulk of WoW subs are in asia, that would imply it's at least around 60% (4.8mil).
    You overestimate how many subs Asia has. Even before they were the majority of the losses, Asia only had like 55%.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  7. #7
    Warchief Lei Shi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Terrace of Endless Spring
    Posts
    2,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Unless something changed after they tracked separately, NA should be higher than EU.


    - - - Updated - - -


    You overestimate how many subs Asia has. Even before they were the majority of the losses, Asia only had like 55%.
    2008-2012 is quite a big gap, alot has changed since then. Why would they call it "bulk" if it's only 55%?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    2008-2012 is quite a big gap, alot has changed since then. Why would they call it "bulk" if it's only 55%?
    I've only ever heard "bulk" refer to the losses being in Asia or subs being outside the US. I've always heard Asia as having "the majority" of subs.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  9. #9
    http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company...ml?id=10014593

    World of Warcraft now hosts more than 2 million subscribers in Europe, more than 2.5 million in North America, and approximately 5.5 million in Asia.

    This was one of the last times they did splits (Jan 2008)

    However this was a long time ago, lots of things have changed and from the investor calls they've said the last two drops were mainly from Asia, so anyone who's being honest will say "only blizzard knows".
    "The fact that you don't get it or like it is fine. The fact that you wanna ruin it for everyone else - that's why you're a cocksucker." - Bill Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The playerbase has been desiring this for years and when it's finally here, everyone wants to grab a pitchfork. Ridiculous. This community is disgustingly toxic.
    Please send all PM's with a read receipt, that way both you and I will know I'm not reading them....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •