Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Hint at possible Demon Hunter Class?

I wanted a Dark Ranger more than a Demon Hunter to be honest... but lets hope they announce 2 classes instead of 1.

I don't know if anyone else noticed this:
    http://store.picbg.net/pubpic/3E/8F/...c1ece43e8f.jpg

It's either a tease or an actual hint that Demon Hunters are coming sooner or later. Also with a Burning Legion expansion that we are all expecting it to be after MoP I think it's pretty safe to say that it would be something along Dark Ranger or Demon Hunter.

I guess a Hero Class like the Death Knight with unique background story.
    All races can be Demon Hunters though Night Elves are most common next to Blood Elves

"Any race can become a demon hunter, though almost all demon hunters today are night elves, with a minority of blood elves. The tradition of demon hunters arises from night elf history, and almost all demon hunters are night elves. A few blood elves have made the pledge as well, seeking revenge for the destruction of their home.
    Humans can also be demon hunters. some of these demon hunters can be found guarding Mount Hyjal with the help of fellow night elf demon hunters.

Demon hunters in other races are rare, but some exist."

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    People have been speculating about Demon Hunters so long that they are becoming some kind of prophecy.
    And besides, what niche would a DH even have?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will never be a demon hunter class in WoW.

Deleted
    Ok that blood elf demon hunter just looks much too badass.

I think there are too many classes as it is.

Okay, I expected some actual source for saying "confirmed" but turned out it was just another fanfic thread.

Deleted
    I am not interested in another classes, demon hunter or otherwise. To me the game feels like it has enough of them already.

I would rather they improve the classes that already exists by giving them different roles. A full-ranged DK spec for example or a warrior dps-healer hybrid spec =)

Also quick edit.

The pic the OP posted is totally insufficient and does not constitude much of anything appart from Blizzard having a sense of humor. So... to answer the OP

"Demon Hunters pretty much confirmed for future expansions?"

Nope
    Last edited by mmoca82c8168af; 2013-07-09 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Okay, I expected some actual source for saying "confirmed" but turned out it was just another fanfic thread.
    I said "pretty much" :P
    This is the source: http://store.picbg.net/pubpic/3E/8F/...c1ece43e8f.jpg
    I think it's a big deal if they put that in the game. They either have a good model or idea for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Meh, never expect much.

At any rate, I don't care if they add it or not, and there's no evidence that they will. If they do implement a new class, I would hope it would be a Hero Class like DKs just so I don't have to painfully level again.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Should never be a playable class.

Game already has enough classes as it is. At most this would be ok as a hunter spec.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    I think it's a big deal if they put that in the game. They either have a good model or idea for it.
    I don't understand. Some monk says he wanted to be a demon hunter and that's supposed to confirm anything? Why would they have a model or idea for anything, it's just some quest text.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with demon hunters is the fact that their abilities are already in-game, split between a number of classes. You have the demon form and immolation aura for warlocks, evasion for rogues etc.

If they wanted a demon hunter class they would have added it from the beginning before they decided to hand out their staple abilities to other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's just an in-game joke. We have enough classes as it is. 34 total specs over 11 classes that can't be balanced anyway.

They only thing you will get for this kind of wild speculation is disappointment.

I would love DH's to be a playable class in WoW. Just so I could see tons and tons of Blood Elves running around, keyboard turning, Backpedalling, doing lower dps than your average hunter, failling horrible at tanking ( I'm sure DH's would be able to spec tank ) and typing in some sort of broken engrish.

Sounds awesome. Kinda like DK's at release, just worse... With more Blood Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    There will never be a demon hunter class in WoW.

People said that about Pandas.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    People said that about Pandas.
    "Some people".
    Not just "people" in general.
    Pandaren were a popular request from the community.
    The fact that a lot of what defines the demon hunters is already found in other classes.
    There is very little left to make the class out of.

You know they could always rebuild the Demon Hunters from scratch.

I'm sure the developers could come up with something, if they ever do ofc

OP do you realize that during cata there was and still is as far as I know, an alliance only quest in Darkshore I believe where if you fall down this hole or whirl pool you will land in an underground cave and receive a quest regarding Demon Hunters. Once that was found people started the same line of thought as you and thought it meant that Demon Hunters were coming which as we know currently they have not. I'll see if I can find the quest and edit this post if I can.

Here's the link to the quest on wowhead for you:
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28529

For some reason it's listed as being added in patch 5.2 but if you look at the comments you'll notice they are from Cata's launch lol.
    Last edited by shadowfyre27; 2013-07-09 at 02:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there are enough classes at the moment... What needs to be done is that blizzard needs to revamp some of the specs to newer things... More than a few specs are never played at the moment and they need to either make those specs better or change them completely....