Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonheart327 View Post
    You know they could always rebuild the Demon Hunters from scratch.

I'm sure the developers could come up with something, if they ever do ofc
    They could.

But it wouldn't be demon hunter. So why do it?

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    People have been speculating about Demon Hunters so long that they are becoming some kind of prophecy.
    And besides, what niche would a DH even have?
    a selffulfilling one you mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    "I found Yogg-saron" 2.0

My eyes bleed from the quantity of demon hunter threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    isn't a dark ranger just a hunter who wears black clothes?

and isn't a demon hunter just a Demonology lock with no shirt on?

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    They could.

But it wouldn't be demon hunter. So why do it?

EJL
    Pretty sure it would still be a Demon Hunter, y'know because it will be a called a Demon Hunter. ;p

I'm pretty sure they could come up with new spells because the Lore has advanced since seeing Illidans demon hunter abilities in WC3 ;p

So yeah, your point is invalid xD

Deleted
    If Demon Hunter ever comes close to being in wow it would be as a Hunter, Rogue or Warlock spec. It's not unique enough to warrant it's own class.

yea, raid integration with additional classes would be a mess. You already cant even make a 10m raid with every class anymore. Also, like people have said, what would a demon hunter really do different?

-The demon aspect is already handled by locks
    -The melee aspect is handled by rogues
    -The "caster/melee" mix is handled by DKs

There really is no benefit from a DH that isnt already in the game except new spell graphics.

Deleted
    Their abilites are already in the game, so what? They can rename spells like they did with Death Coil > Mortal Coil. We already have copy paste spells with different names so it isn't a problem either.

They asked the guests about Illidan at Blizzcon. They know DH would be extremly popular. Popularity = money. More money means more chances it will be in the game at some point. Also Illidan will most likely come back somehow if that happens. Just a few months and all will be revealed anyway. They use to trademark their wow expantion names in the summer. Like name of Mists of Pandaria come up and ppl started to talk about pandas in wow it may happen with the new expansion in 1-2 months from now. If Burning Legion themed name comes, be prepared for demon hunters too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I would rather Tinker, but I have given up and accepted that the next class will be Demon Hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    isn't a dark ranger just a hunter who wears black clothes?

and isn't a demon hunter just a Demonology lock with no shirt on?
    No. Dark Rangers use necromancy. there closer to a Death Knight with a bow then a Hunter in black.

Demon Hunters are close to Warlocks. But the different is that they are melee fighters and do not use summoning spells.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    People have been speculating about Demon Hunters so long that they are becoming some kind of prophecy.
    And besides, what niche would a DH even have?
    Wasn't that also the case with Pandaren?

brb [posessive noun] [noun] [verb] [preposition] [article] [noun]

Deleted
    Step 1: create night elf male character. Rogue or warrior class.
    Step 2: run BT until you get both glaives
    Step 3: equip them and run around shirtless

Voilà. you're a demon hunter. That is what those who want to play demon hunter want right? Run around looking like illidan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldstrong View Post
    Step 1: create night elf male character. Rogue or warrior class.
    Step 2: run BT until you get both glaives
    Step 3: equip them and run around shirtless

Voilà. you're a demon hunter. That is what those who want to play demon hunter want right? Run around looking like illidan.
    but you need demon wings and only Demonologists in Dark Apotheosis get that.

No No No
    Why on earth would they make a demon hunter class, at most hunters would just get it as a spec

its tough enough to balance classes as it is, the way blizz have been going lately I would expect every class to get the least popular spec rehashed before adding yet another class, and if they do it wont be one that's almost identical to one we already have
    Whoops, sig too big

yea, raid integration with additional classes would be a mess. You already cant even make a 10m raid with every class anymore. Also, like people have said, what would a demon hunter really do different?

-The demon aspect is already handled by locks
    -The melee aspect is handled by rogues
    -The "caster/melee" mix is handled by DKs

There really is no benefit from a DH that isnt already in the game except new spell graphics.
    Demon-hunters only had 2 main skills that people were afraid back in WC3: "mana burn" and "metamorfosis". Like other melees, they needed something to survive the "crowd trap" and evasion+inmolation were their "survivor button" to take care. They can change that skills with another tatoo/rune/fel magic type abilities. And mana-burn must be removed (ehem..priest/warlocks...) to fix their lore (DH loves magic but they can change that).
    Metamorfosis IS the skill that they should change, like "Animate Undead" from DK (revive 6 allys and they become INVULNERABLE*) that was their main spell; in wow they changed a lot to become a melee/necromancer/frost-knight type character.

Maybe they need to create another druid-type character but changing animals for demons (new skins similar to pit-lord/bear, corrupted eredar/balance,etc...)or just put DH last talents to become a "complete metamorfosis" form (like tree-druids).

Why on earth would they make a demon hunter class, at most hunters would just get it as a spec
    Why hunters, I can't understand why people think that DH = Hunter. Yeah, they hunt...something.
    Demon-Hunter: Melee, Magic/hybrid, mobility, Dark arts/fel energy.
    Hunter: Ranged, Physic, Mobility, Pet Users.

They are mobile in their play-style but...nothing more.
    Last edited by Belisaurio; 2013-07-09 at 04:00 PM.

I don't see the point. There is too much overlap of Demon Hunters supposed abilities and current classes, particularly Warlock.

Most of the original Demon Hunter abilities like Metamorphosis are now signature Warlock abilities. In a sense, demonology Warlocks ARE the demon hunters.

So either you make up a completely new kind of "demon hunter" but then it becomes totally unfamiliar and bizarre to Warcraft players, or you re-design existing classes (like take away Meta form from Warlocks) to "make space" for the Demon Hunter, but that not only is extremely easy to backfire, it will also anger a lot of players of current classes.

So either you make up a completely new kind of "demon hunter" but then it becomes totally unfamiliar and bizarre to Warcraft players
    This is what happened with DKs from Wc1-2 and they changed their skill-set of tanky/support from WC3 to become a tanky/dps in wow.

This is news to me. A single line from a panda saying he wanted to be a DH means they will be added to game. PS. Common sense is dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, let's add a new class every expansion. in a few years we'll have like 20 classes :P

Been thinking since I read shadows of the horde that shadow hunters would be the next class. If horde gets shadow hunters and alliance gets demon hunters I will creme my pants.

I think it's a real option and having classes restricted to Nelf/Troll would bring back a touch of the exclusiveness that the game has lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    demon hunters are broken up into alot of current classes in wow. like alot of their spells etc.

do we really need a new class added to the game?
    Hi