Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's just a tease, like the hyrda at the Darkmoon Faire.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    demon hunters are broken up into alot of current classes in wow. like alot of their spells etc.

do we really need a new class added to the game?
    More content is never bad as long as it isn't half assed.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't that added as a joke? Because people kept and still keep begging for Demon Hunters?`

I for one, don't want Demon Hunters (The WoW kind) at all on the table - You are supposed to be rare in general, not ending up taking half of Stormwind's space because you think you are awesome.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Speculation time

I am convinced that the Demon Hunter class will be in the game when the 2nd Burning Legion/Argus expansion will be announced. It's just the logical choice - visit the demon home world to destroy Sargeras/Kil'Jaeden - Demon Hunters are needed. Blizzard has already stated that they want to continue the story of the two alliance heroes Turalyon and Alleria, who have been missing while hunting the Burning Legion. Also Wrathion talks about the Legion right from the start...

I have been following the clues for Demon Hunters since Cata and there are more than a few things hinting towards this...

What convinced me finally was the Darkshore Quest "Ghosts in the Dark", where you find the plans, on how to train to become a demon hunter. You deliver this to a nightelf who keeps it for future use and mentions that this might come in handy - Quest ended.

There was a race and a class on every expansion. We had both in Pandaria. Time for a new hero class!

Remember Hero Class Death Knights? You were kind of "trained" as a death knight, same might happen with demon hunter. All classes available, Illidan returns to train you in Outlands before you go hunt on Argus... revamp Outlands and start at Lv 70? Sure! Makes total sense to me! I love the thought

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quh View Post
    Speculation time

I am convinced that the Demon Hunter class will be in the game when the 2nd Burning Legion/Argus expansion will be announced. It's just the logical choice - visit the demon home world to destroy Sargeras/Kil'Jaeden - Demon Hunters are needed. Blizzard has already stated that they want to continue the story of the two alliance heroes Turalyon and Alleria, who have been missing while hunting the Burning Legion. Also Wrathion talks about the Legion right from the start...

I have been following the clues for Demon Hunters since Cata and there are more than a few things hinting towards this...

What convinced me finally was the Darkshore Quest "Ghosts in the Dark", where you find the plans, on how to train to become a demon hunter. You deliver this to a nightelf who keeps it for future use and mentions that this might come in handy - Quest ended.

There was a race and a class on every expansion. We had both in Pandaria. Time for a new hero class!

Remember Hero Class Death Knights? You were kind of "trained" as a death knight, same might happen with demon hunter. All classes available, Illidan returns to train you in Outlands before you go hunt on Argus... revamp Outlands and start at Lv 70? Sure! Makes total sense to me! I love the thought
    But, Death Knights made more sense. You weren't raised to be something big or rare, you were cannon-fodder and then slaves. I honestly don't want Demon Hunters, it'll ruin the whole story behind them. Maybe something lesser, I can accept that but not a fully trained Demon Hunter from WoW (Within, I rather want D3 Demon Hunters)
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    There will never be a demon hunter class in WoW.
    People said this about goblins and Pandaren as well, but you now see what happened to them.

People said there will never be playable goblins / pandas but yet here they are.

They are already in game, they're called Warlocks.

It's pretty well enshrined - just look at a lot of the Warlock armor. Demon hunters are pretty much proto-Warlocks, doubt they'll ever introduce the "pure" Demon Hunter class. A Dark Hunter or "petless" hunter is far more likely, but even then I have some serious doubts since it would step on the toes of hunters too much.

Demon Hunters are already playable. They gave Warlocks the Glyph of Demon Hunting. If you want to play a demon hunter, roll a Demonology spec warlock. You even get the demon hunter wings.

They are already in game, they're called Warlocks.
    Why? they only have 2 "main-DH" things that can be changed:
    Fel energy + Metamorfosis.
    Change that, and you've got a DH. Put some "demon-forms" or "aura forms" (spirit udyr style) of some demons and you've got new class.

But, Death Knights made more sense. You weren't raised to be something big or rare, you were cannon-fodder and then slaves. I honestly don't want Demon Hunters, it'll ruin the whole story behind them. Maybe something lesser, I can accept that but not a fully trained Demon Hunter from WoW (Within, I rather want D3 Demon Hunters)
    Repeat the process:
    Plot: Burning Legion coming, bla bla bla, new faction appear controlled by kil'jaedelolololo* that is training some mortals in the use of fel energies to attack their own planet with mind-control/slave/whatever* but in the first attack their leader lose his mind-powers and the human-hunters (pre-demon-hunters) turns to demon hunters because they've got a supah-new-powah!! then, the player join the 2 divided new factions controlled by Koltiralolololo* and Thassarialolololo* with one unique lider: Illi-man* that was the secret bastard brother of Illidan/malfurion start to create an army to defend the incoming attack.

In the end, you've got a new Hero class that start at lvl 55-XX that fight demons with their powers (aka, demon hunter hero-class).

*: Put some random names or lore-names or create them.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Ok that blood elf demon hunter just looks much too badass.
    Someone said they couldn't have metamorphosis? I think we found out how they can.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    Why? they only have 2 "main-DH" things that can be changed:
    Fel energy + Metamorfosis.
    Change that, and you've got a DH. Put some "demon-forms" or "aura forms" (spirit udyr style) of some demons and you've got new class.

Repeat the process:
    Plot: Burning Legion coming, bla bla bla, new faction appear controlled by kil'jaedelolololo* that is training some mortals in the use of fel energies to attack their own planet with mind-control/slave/whatever* but in the first attack their leader lose his mind-powers and the human-hunters (pre-demon-hunters) turns to demon hunters because they've got a supah-new-powah!! then, the player join the 2 divided new factions controlled by Koltiralolololo* and Thassarialolololo* with one unique lider: Illi-man* that was the secret bastard brother of Illidan/malfurion start to create an army to defend the incoming attack.

In the end, you've got a new Hero class that start at lvl 55-XX that fight demons with their powers (aka, demon hunter hero-class).

*: Put some random names or lore-names or create them.
    No, that just makes the whole idea of Demon Hunters a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    I think there are too many classes as it is.
    too many leather using for sure

No, that just makes the whole idea of Demon Hunters a joke.
    Off course no, It's the same plot of DK.
    But they can create the same-type of class (change the plot) and put some dollars in designers hands to create a new mechanics for them like they did with DKs and Monks.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    too many leather using for sure
    Give them mail.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    Off course no, It's the same plot of DK.
    But they can create the same-type of class (change the plot) and put some dollars in designers hands to create a new mechanics for them like they did with DKs and Monks.
    Demon Hunters is not even close to be like Death Knights. Nor should they be implemented the same way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be so unbelievably happy. They'd have to rework Warlocks though...again.

Demon Hunters is not even close to be like Death Knights. Nor should they be implemented the same way.
    I don't see the difference. Do you see how many demon-hunters are training every day since BC started over the Black Temple?
    I know that they are different, but they have more in common than other playable classes.

I have nothing against demon hunters, but I think it'd be difficult to make that class "fit" properly. Aside from proficiency in melee combat, warlocks already have most of their abilities covered. It's kinda like how we don't really need a Mountain King class because the game already has warriors.

I guess it would make sense if Blizzard either reworked the warlock class (....again) or rebuilt the demon hunter class completely.

I don't particularly have anything against adding Demon Hunters, but adding a Demon Hunter would be on the virge of redundant for "dark" classes. Would be nice to see another arcane class, Spellbreaker perhaps.

Deleted
    I kind of agree it would be time for a ranged/mage class, but I would really be suprised if they connect a Return of the Burning Legion themed xpac with some other class than demon hunters. Would make alot of people come back.

Demon Hunter with melee + magic abilities would kind of work tho I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    I wanted a Dark Ranger more than a Demon Hunter to be honest... but lets hope they announce 2 classes instead of 1.

I don't know if anyone else noticed this:
    http://store.picbg.net/pubpic/3E/8F/...c1ece43e8f.jpg

It's either a tease or an actual hint that Demon Hunters are coming sooner or later. Also with a Burning Legion expansion that we are all expecting it to be after MoP I think it's pretty safe to say that it would be something along Dark Ranger or Demon Hunter.
    Mate, as much as I want demon hunters to become a playable class in the game, that "hint" which you linked, doesn't seem like much of a hint to me; just an easter-egg of sorts, with some humor attached.

In general, I would love for demon hunters to become playable classes. I don't care much about balance: as long as it works without breaking the game it's fine with me. And I suspect most players feel similarly about it. It's only a minority, small at that even, that cares about balance and mechanics more than having fun.

And they can be a great addition. their niche can be realised, and even suplemented by removing some things from warlocks. Monks got nicely realised out of nowhere even. Demon hunters have some good building ground at least.