Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    I don't see the difference. Do you see how many demon-hunters are training every day since BC started over the Black Temple?
    I know that they are different, but they have more in common than other playable classes.
    Yes, but we are talking about fully trained Demon Hunters. That is what people want. The lore even point that the largest number of students fail the last trail.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

For the love of God, YES! Make it happend. I do not see how this could not fit in. But in wich expansion??? The Next one, or the one after?

They did make Death Knight work very well!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    And besides, what niche would a DH even have?
    What unique roles do Death Knights and Monks fulfill that other classes can't?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfyre27 View Post
    OP do you realize that during cata there was and still is as far as I know, an alliance only quest in Darkshore I believe where if you fall down this hole or whirl pool you will land in an underground cave and receive a quest regarding Demon Hunters. Once that was found people started the same line of thought as you and thought it meant that Demon Hunters were coming which as we know currently they have not. I'll see if I can find the quest and edit this post if I can.

Here's the link to the quest on wowhead for you:
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28529

For some reason it's listed as being added in patch 5.2 but if you look at the comments you'll notice they are from Cata's launch lol.
    That quest has been repeatedly quoted as some sort of hint or proof of demon hunters being playable in the future.
    By that thinking you could equally say that of ogres, furbolg, naga, and multiple others.

Classic WoW: The release, everything included, duh.
    The Burning Crusade expansion: Draenei and Blood Elf races released, no new class.
    Wrath of the Lich King expansion: Death Knight class released, no new races.
    Cataclysm expansion: Worgen and Goblin races released, no new class.
    Mists of Pandaria: Panda race and Monk class released.

Notice a trend to things?

For all we know they might not release a new class at all in the next expansion pack.

We might just get one or two new races instead.

It's all pure speculation anyway.
    Field Marshal, YUH, 'nuff said.
    /bonk

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I have nothing against demon hunters, but I think it'd be difficult to make that class "fit" properly. Aside from proficiency in melee combat, warlocks already have most of their abilities covered. It's kinda like how we don't really need a Mountain King class because the game already has warriors.

I guess it would make sense if Blizzard either reworked the warlock class (....again) or rebuilt the demon hunter class completely.
    Demon Hunters cannot be warlocks without changing the lore. Warlocks do it for personal power, Demon Hunters do it for vengeance.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

All of the demon hunter's iconic abilities have been given to other classes, most notably warlocks. I could see it being a tanking spec for warlocks, but I don't think there's enough there for a new class. Proper demon hunters would really only be available to night elves anyway, there's not enough demon hunters to teach other races.

Death knights already cover the dark, angsty, anti-hero class as well. There's really nothing special they bring.

Yes, but we are talking about fully trained Demon Hunters. That is what people want. The lore even point that the largest number of students fail the last trail.
    People want full demon-trained hunter like Illidan (with horns, and fire, and tattoos, and wings, and hoofs, etc..) like we wanted to play Arthas (with frostmourne, with Undead legions, with badass armors,...).
    And off course, we can't play Arthas, but we can play Death Knight, ergo, we can't play Illidan, but they can give us something close to him: Demon Hunters.

And there is one thing that people don't want to understand: Hoofs, wings, Horns, flames, are not characteristics of a demon-hunter. Illidan full trained (wc3 main plot) didn't use or had anything of that. This mutations were the manifestation of some events (skull of gul'dan, demon corruption, etc...). So, it's not "normal" to a demon-hunter to have that "items" over his body.

The only thing that we can discuss is their tatoos.

Death knights already cover the dark, angsty, anti-hero class as well. There's really nothing special they bring.
    Nah, that spot was covered with warlocks in vanilla. Like the "stance" of Dks, was covered and the [battle-pets type-characters] or their [magic/physic] melee dmg too.
    The only new thing in DKs is [Melee+pet] user.
    And DemonHunter can fill other spots: melee full-magic (not 1/2 like shamans), melee-caster, tank full-magic (not 1/2 like paladins), magic-rogue style, full stance-based (between old paladins and old hybrid warriors), etc...
    Last edited by Belisaurio; 2013-07-09 at 07:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    People want full demon-trained hunter like Illidan (with horns, and fire, and tattoos, and wings, and hoofs, etc..) like we wanted to play Arthas (with frostmourne, with Undead legions, with badass armors,...).
    And off course, we can't play Arthas, but we can play Death Knight, ergo, we can't play Illidan, but they can give us something close to him: Demon Hunters.

And there is one thing that people don't want to understand: Hoofs, wings, Horns, flames, are not characteristics of a demon-hunter. Illidan full trained (wc3 main plot) didn't use or had anything of that. This mutations were the manifestation of some events (skull of gul'dan, demon corruption, etc...). So, it's not "normal" to a demon-hunter to have that "items" over his body.

The only thing that we can discuss is their tatoos.
    True about the transformation part. But still, how will you explain the part of the story saying that the majority of Demon Hunter students fail their trail, not becoming one. How can you then suddenly explain (If the class was released) that there is hundreds of Demon Hunters of a sudden?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

True about the transformation part. But still, how will you explain the part of the story saying that the majority of Demon Hunter students fail their trail, not becoming one. How can you then suddenly explain (If the class was released) that there is hundreds of Demon Hunters of a sudden?
    They can create new lore, like Pandaria, Titans, curse of flesh, Sha's, watchers, etc...
    I'm not a good scriptwriter, but I can try something:

1-There are a lot of secret factions in Azeroth, training an army for the Burning Legion: http://www.wowpedia.org/Argus_Wake.
    2-The player is one of their tools, that in the end of quest-chain, a demon possessed the player
    3-In the final phasing, the character must face their demon or he/she will die (but the game-play can't do that, so always survive), and he/she will become the boss of his/her own body.
    4-After that, the user goes/escape with their side (alliance/horde) and give all the information about the incoming invasion, and join the new faction "Angry Posessed people that become Demon Hunters".

Maybe, you can use the Argus Wake:
    Judging from the last lines of the letter, it can be implied that the Argus Wake is one of the more powerful splinter cults of the Shadow Council, reporting directly to the higher powers of the Burning Legion. It is unknown who or what the "Third Host" is, however if the Argus Wake are servants of the Burning Legion, it is possible this note refers to a third host for Sargeras, the first two being Aegwynn and Medivh.
    And use that "Third Host" to do something more epic than my fail plot.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    I wanted a Dark Ranger more than a Demon Hunter to be honest... but lets hope they announce 2 classes instead of 1.

I don't know if anyone else noticed this:
    http://store.picbg.net/pubpic/3E/8F/...c1ece43e8f.jpg

It's obvious that it's a joke. Whenever Blizz decides to introduce a new class to the game all WoW-related forums fill up with threads about "omg please make it Demon Hunters this time", and when finally Blizzard announces the new class, everyone is disappointed. It happened with monks too.

So they are just having a bit of a laugh about that situation. To me it looks a bit sarcastic too. No hint, no anything.

Could they introduce it as a new class in a Burning Legion expansion? They sure can. Even if they wanted to make it happen right now I still believe that they would put it in a drawer until the BL expansion is up.
    Should they introduce the DH in a BL expansion or in general? I think not. In terms of playstyle or balance it treads too close to existing classes' shoes. There are better options than another melee.

The problem with Demon Hunters is what niche do they have to fill? Another light armored melee fighter? We already have Rogues and Monks. Give them mail and it's no longer a true Demon Hunter. Warlocks also cover their main kit aspects in their Demonology spec. The Death Knight and Monk could be built from scratch and be unique, something they can't do with Demon Hunters with all of their defining skills being handed off to others.

It's more likely to see a Dark Ranger since it would cover ranged weapons and give us another mail user. Demon Hunter would be just another leather wearing melee combatant that we already have 3 of.

People are saying in this thread and others that "well Demon Hunters could have changed since Illidan!" except the fact that if Blizzard starts going way out there, it's no longer a Warcraft Demon Hunter except in the name alone. Make them wear mail? Doesn't fit Demon Hunters in the least as they're light/no armor melee fighters. Make them use ranged weapons? Doesn't fit them at all either. Based on what people often use to justify Demon Hunters and "uniqueness" in WoW, you're almost making them Diablo 3 Demon Hunters which are basically Dark Rangers.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-07-09 at 07:56 PM.

The problem with Demon Hunters is what niche do they have to fill? Another light armored melee fighter? We already have Rogues and Monks. Give them mail and it's no longer a true Demon Hunter. Warlocks also cover their main kit aspects in their Demonology spec. The Death Knight and Monk could be built from scratch and be unique, something they can't do with Demon Hunters with all of their defining skills being handed off to others.

It's more likely to see a Dark Ranger since it would cover ranged weapons and give us another mail user. Demon Hunter would be just another leather wearing melee combatant that we already have 3 of.
    Cloth melee and mail melee too.
    Again, demonology has ONLY the "Metamorfosis skills". And that can be changed with a lot of "forms". Like "Animate Death" skill from DKS, that was changed too.
    And I like Dark Rangers too.

People are saying in this thread and others that "well Demon Hunters could have changed since Illidan!" except the fact that if Blizzard starts going way out there, it's no longer a Warcraft Demon Hunter except in the name. Make them wear mail? Doesn't fit them at all. Make them use ranged weapons? Doesn't fit them at all. Based on what people often use to justify Demon Hunters in WoW, you're almost making them Diablo 3 Demon Hunters which are basically Dark Rangers.
    People are not saying "that Demon Hunters could have changed since Illidan". So I don't see any problem creating a class with demon powers melee, that use cloth/mail, that can transform or use some auras/demon forms that use full magic being melee, or melee caster or whatever.

I've seen a lot of references to demon hunters, such as that whirlpool in Darkshore; it could make sense since the game is missing a mail wearer and ranged wep user...but after getting a class and race in MoP idk at all.

Make them a tank/heal hybrid class - that would be very funny since all want them to be imba dps
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    There will never be a demon hunter class in WoW.
    "There will never be a Monk class in WoW, that belongs in Diablo."

I saw a lot of these arguments before MoP was announced...

To be honest if demon hunter class is brought into the game. It seriously doesnt need to be milked by having all races able to be one. Only blood elves and night elves should be able to be demon hunters. We need more unique classes. Not the same crap with monk and dk's.

Quote Originally Posted by Woakerio View Post
    I've seen a lot of references to demon hunters, such as that whirlpool in Darkshore; it could make sense since the game is missing a mail wearer and ranged wep user...but after getting a class and race in MoP idk at all.
    Warcraft Demon Hunters aren't mail ranged users though. In WoW, they would be ANOTHER agility leather wearer. Mail - ranged weapons fit Diablo 3 Demon Hunters, which are close to Warcraft Dark Rangers.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonheart327 View Post
    Pretty sure it would still be a Demon Hunter, y'know because it will be a called a Demon Hunter. ;p

I'm pretty sure they could come up with new spells because the Lore has advanced since seeing Illidans demon hunter abilities in WC3 ;p

So yeah, your point is invalid xD
    You'd get a clasd CALLED Demon Hunter.

It wouldn't be the WOW style DH which players want and expect.

So why do it?

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    Should never be a playable class.

Game already has enough classes as it is. At most this would be ok as a hunter spec.
    I agree with this guy... IMO it will be a Hunter with Demon pets... I more want to see a ranged plate class (UH DK) And more things done with the classes we got
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton