Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    I suspect they will Gear Scale the zone like CM's for this tiers ilvl and move on ...

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    So do you have sex with Ghostcrawler to get loot RNG manipulated to your favour?

    - - - Updated - - -



    My Warrior went from fresh 90 to ilvl 498 since ToT opened, every week full run + 3 bonus rolls.
    My shaman alt went from fresh 90 to 500 ilvl in about 3 or 4 days. Key to the palace for charms, crafted gear, JP to HP conversion for pvp gear, daily HC scenarios, reduced VP cost for 5.0/5.1 rep gear tell me how its not easy?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapetufo View Post
    I was just thinking about this. I get the feeling that Blizz wouldn't want something like the green fire being acquired trivially, do you guys think there is a chance of it being removed in the future?
    They mentioned when it first came out that it would be easier and easier for people to get it over time. So, they'll keep it and as people hit above 90 then they'll be able to get it easier.

    It's just hard right now because people like the "snowflake" effect and don't want everyone to have it atm.

  4. #24
    It will not be removed, unless they provide some other means of obtaining green fire.

    They'll never remove the ability to get green fire now that it has been introduced, can you imagine all the casuals rising up in arms that they missed their one chance to get green fire, for whatever reason (suck, or too late leveling a warlock, or whatever)?

    Green fire will be obtainable forever.

    What would be nice is if they revamp the boss for the next level cap, like they do with holiday bosses so that it stays challenging, at least at the beginning of the next tier of content. It'll be faceroll by the end again, but challenging at first.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    My shaman alt went from fresh 90 to 500 ilvl in about 3 or 4 days. Key to the palace for charms, crafted gear, JP to HP conversion for pvp gear, daily HC scenarios, reduced VP cost for 5.0/5.1 rep gear tell me how its not easy?
    Just because you have RNG luck with things doesn't mean everyone else does. Even running with full charms, crafted, conversion gear some people still take weeks to hit 500 alone. I know my DK did (don't think I even hit 500 before I took a break) along with a couple of my other toons. While a friend of mine who did the same thing was 500 in one week. RNG just favors some sometimes and others they don't.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Just because you have RNG luck with things doesn't mean everyone else does. Even running with full charms, crafted, conversion gear some people still take weeks to hit 500 alone. I know my DK did (don't think I even hit 500 before I took a break) along with a couple of my other toons. While a friend of mine who did the same thing was 500 in one week. RNG just favors some sometimes and others they don't.
    but RNG is not a scale of difficulty. It's still "Easily achievable" as your story of your friend shows

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    but RNG is not a scale of difficulty. It's still "Easily achievable" as your story of your friend shows
    Easily achievable would mean it is exactly that. Saying getting to 480 is easily achievable would be accurate as you can farm for JP and convert to honor and get 480 that way. Saying something that is completely RNG related (getting to 500) is not easily achievable. How can something that is luck based be "easy"?

  8. #28
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Skive, Denmark
    Posts
    821
    It's a lot like the Brawler's Guild. At first it was almost impossible to get in, unless you were willing to spend 75k++ gold on an invitation, then some time passed, people started reaching Rank 7 and handed out invitations, while the regular invitations fell in price and became more accessible in 5.1 with the Horde/Alliance Rares having a chance to drop them.

    It's exactly the same principle, except they won't be adding more stuff onto the questline in the future to keep it going.
    Arguing with other internet users is just marginally more productive than counting the ants in your garden.

  9. #29
    I am Murloc! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,497
    If anything they might give green fire out for free next expansion.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by FunFarm View Post
    It's a lot like the Brawler's Guild. At first it was almost impossible to get in, unless you were willing to spend 75k++ gold on an invitation, then some time passed, people started reaching Rank 7 and handed out invitations, while the regular invitations fell in price and became more accessible in 5.1 with the Horde/Alliance Rares having a chance to drop them.
    You do know the Brawler's Guild came out in 5.1 when invitations were available on the BMAH and the Alliance/Horde rares at the same time? The rares were launched at the same time, not later.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    they could always attune the quest to the level of the individual warlock so it does not matter in future expansions whether you've leveled or geared out of it per se.

    a different question is whether or not the codex will drop more often or be replaced. I for one have never seen a codex drop for me and the ones on the auction house are way to expensive for me (70,000 gold+)
    I started farming the books out of boredom, got about 10 in the last few days and sell them for about 5k gold each... If somebody gave me 70k gold for one of those, I would be a very happy warlock

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Just because you have RNG luck with things doesn't mean everyone else does. Even running with full charms, crafted, conversion gear some people still take weeks to hit 500 alone. I know my DK did (don't think I even hit 500 before I took a break) along with a couple of my other toons. While a friend of mine who did the same thing was 500 in one week. RNG just favors some sometimes and others they don't.
    I guess I'm super duper lucky then, because I've done it on 4 toons now.... 2-3 weeks to get geared to at least 500 ilvl... OR maybe its that people don't understand how to gear quickly? or understand how item level works? Maybe they decided they don't like to quest to get the 502 ilvl boots? or are spending their valor on 486 pieces instead of saving it for the 522 pieces. Maybe they don't know about the free 489 gear from the Barrens? or don't know about the free 516 piece from a heroic scenario. Your definilty right though, it is much more likely that i'm "just lucky" four times over, than it is that people don't know, or are lazy about using every single resource available to get loot thats better in an OPTIMUM way. oh and BTW after hitting 505 ilvl I did hit a wall, and have had trouble gearing past that point, because at that point the only option of gearing further is RNG + Weeks spent on getting Valor for 522 upgrades.

    BTW didn't they add Bad luck protection on your bonus rolls? SO if your smart and your doing things the right way, and you get your 15 tokens from the "loot" scenario right when you ding 90, and then go into your LFR MV-TOES, and you use your bonus rolls correctly (as in not wasting rolls on boss with no loot, or bosses with loot that you can easily get elsewhere) at some point, you will receive gear?

    Saying something that is completely RNG related (getting to 500) is not easily achievable.
    Getting to 500 ilvl is not "completely RNG" if your smart about your gearing...

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Haphe View Post

    Getting to 500 ilvl is not "completely RNG" if your smart about your gearing...
    This /10char

  14. #34
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,144
    All I kin say is i ain't gotst no time to farm no book and gear up to ilvl 500+ in less den 5 mont.

    (Although, that's because I work for a living, and have at least 4 other lvl 90's to gear up)

  15. #35
    I give away (usually via trivia) 2-3 tomes a week on my server.

    I also have to wholeheartedly disagree with the whole "faceroll over 500" thing, but I've already gone to length about that in the other thread and don't need to repeat it here.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Haphe View Post
    I guess I'm super duper lucky then, because I've done it on 4 toons now.... 2-3 weeks to get geared to at least 500 ilvl... OR maybe its that people don't understand how to gear quickly? or understand how item level works? Maybe they decided they don't like to quest to get the 502 ilvl boots? or are spending their valor on 486 pieces instead of saving it for the 522 pieces. Maybe they don't know about the free 489 gear from the Barrens? or don't know about the free 516 piece from a heroic scenario. Your definilty right though, it is much more likely that i'm "just lucky" four times over, than it is that people don't know, or are lazy about using every single resource available to get loot thats better in an OPTIMUM way. oh and BTW after hitting 505 ilvl I did hit a wall, and have had trouble gearing past that point, because at that point the only option of gearing further is RNG + Weeks spent on getting Valor for 522 upgrades.

    BTW didn't they add Bad luck protection on your bonus rolls? SO if your smart and your doing things the right way, and you get your 15 tokens from the "loot" scenario right when you ding 90, and then go into your LFR MV-TOES, and you use your bonus rolls correctly (as in not wasting rolls on boss with no loot, or bosses with loot that you can easily get elsewhere) at some point, you will receive gear?

    Getting to 500 ilvl is not "completely RNG" if your smart about your gearing...
    Yes, I know of all these. I always go for the quickest route. You get free 502 pieces. Next you can get a full 483 set from PvP, which is the same ilvl as you get from LFR (so tokens are null and void in this case as you'll be getting the same ilvl). Yes you can buy 522 pieces BUT you have to have ToT rep to get to higher brackets and are limited to weekly VP cap (so no you can't get to 500 with 522 items in a week). Free 489 gear from Barrens? First you have to be lucky to get the token to drop (or buy it) and again are limited to 1 a week. Free 516 pieces from Heroic Scenario? You are kidding me right? I went through 3 weeks doing that place and saw nothing but gold except for a 1 neck/belt that dropped and I had 522's. The chest there is a complete joke. Bad luck protection? Again it's voided by the fact you can be in 483 already from PvP gear which is the same as LFR.

    So can you please explain to me where this free mythical 516 Heroic Scenario gear is? Because it's sure not in the chest. Also, care to explain how you grab more than one 522 / 489 piece per week when it's capped?

    The only thing true of your entire post is the free 502 boots and the 483 gear. Even with both and getting one 522 in two weeks and 2 489's won't push you over 500 in less than two weeks unless you get massively lucky in ToT. Unless there is something I am missing with the 516's it's not happening if people are unlucky. Most people love to exaggerate that it only took them a week to hit 500 because it makes them feel special or something. I don't know.

  17. #37
    So can you please explain to me where this free mythical 516 Heroic Scenario gear is? Because it's sure not in the chest
    you get at LEAST 1 guaranteed 516 piece if you do the quest. And hell, if you do it every day, you might just get lucky

    Next you can get a full 483 set from PvP, which is the same ilvl as you get from LFR
    This is just stupid bad, and is why most LFRs suck, because in full pvp gear, you will be shit.

    Yes you can buy 522 pieces BUT you have to have ToT rep to get to higher brackets and are limited to weekly VP cap
    right off the bat, you can purchase a 522 neck, and if your doing ToT like you should, by the next time you can purchase a piece, you'll have the appropriate rep to open up new rewards.


    First you have to be lucky to get the token to drop (or buy it) and again are limited to 1 a week
    The barrens tokens, if you don't get a drop, cost additional mats and you can purchase them, OR you can go to the AH where people quite often sell them for 50g or less.

    Also, care to explain how you grab more than one 522 / 489 piece per week when it's capped?
    please re-read my post and tell me where I said you can purchase more than one 522 piece in a week? as my first line says "2-3 weeks to get geared to at least 500 ilvl". And if you want an answer to that, you purchase the neck at 1250 honor, then the third week, you can purchase another piece :-D. OH and by that time, its been 3 weeks, and you can do your barrens quest 3 times to get 3 pieces of gear.


    SO what you do, is you grab your 502 boots, you do all 4 world bosses, and do the sha quest for the... is it a ring? i think? do a few heroics/scenarios to hit your MV queue, where if your using your tokens correctly, you will get loot from. You do all your LFRs, if your using your coins correctly, you'll be able to jump into HoF right after MV, and Toes right after HoF. That way, the drops that you get don't replace any gear that you could purchase somewhere else. (such as the barrens content) IF you do end up a few ilvls below what it takes to get an LFR queue, you can sub in 1-2 pieces of pvp gear only in a situation where your stuck) All of this should put you somewhere around 480 which means viola! you can do Heroic Scenarios. Get your 516 piece and start doing ToT. So with ToT you have 3 tokens PER WEEK (again focusing on that 2-3 week time line here just to make sure we're on the same page since we were not before) You end up being very strategic about what gear your using your extra mogu tokens on in ToT, making sure not to roll on pieces that your going to maybe purchase with your next 522 upgrade from Valor except if your using them on the world bosses, to try for the 522 pieces that drop from them (that is if you don't already have decent enough gear in those slots. And also using your tokens from the barrens to fill in any pieces that you had not gotten from drops + elder tokens. Most of this stuff, you can do 2-3 times (for the 2-3 weeks)

    I'm going to be frank and say that a small portion of gearing is RNG in this way, however not a 20 ilvl difference. and it is NOT "completely RNG based to get 500 ilvl." 500 is VERY do-able, and if your REALLY unlucky, then your probably looking at 490-495. (I'll say again because you missed it in my first post in 2-3 weeks)

    Most people love to exaggerate that it only took them a week to hit 500 because it makes them feel special or something. I don't know.
    People also like to, as you say, "exaggerate" the length of time thats required to hit item level 500 because they like to whine and complain more than they like to think about how to do things efficiently, and put time and effort into doing things the right way. You can think that all I want is to feel special, and you can believe anything you want about gearing, in fact you probably will regardless of what I say or do. I have a specific way of gearing that every time I ding 90 on a toon, I get to 500 ilvl within 2-3 weeks. If you have a hard time believing that, thats on you. I've done it time and time again.

    You'll proably also tell me that its impossible to get 522 ilvl on a toon thats never stepped foot inside of Regular ToT, but thats my warlock.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    I would expect "Ahead of the curve: Kanrethad" or w/e, and have it use the Challenge Mode tech to put you down to 90 with ~500 item level or something next xpac.
    Doubtful considering many players already outgear it severely.

  19. #39
    502 boots from quest. 516 random piece from 1st Hscen. 1 Trove run nets 10+ elder charms usually - run HoF/ToeS/Gal/SHa and coin them. Even bad luck nets you at least 3 items from that group. 1 489 piece from the barrens weekly. That's all fast and easy and pretty much guaranteed.

    Even if you're awful, you can still go arena for full 498 items (inc weapons) in all your remaining slots thanks to the conq catch up cap. Worst case if you can't manage to arena, grab 483s from honor and upgrade them.

    Then you can get a 522 item of your choice your second week (ToT items are available at honored, which comes naturally after 2 LFR clears).

    ....

    There's definitely some minimal luck involved, but doing the above my shaman is now 504 ilvl after 2 raid resets and something like 50 hours played at 90. That's pretty quick imo.

  20. #40
    green fire should have been a glyph in the first place. if they remove it, they'll have a tidal wave of rage. so i really don't think they will.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •