Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    Somewhere, not sure yet, but ill get back to you.

Might the Kanrethad questline be removed next xpac?

I was just thinking about this. I get the feeling that Blizz wouldn't want something like the green fire being acquired trivially, do you guys think there is a chance of it being removed in the future?

Not a chance, they want everyone to have everything.
    Heroic SoO progress 14/14
    Warlock armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced

I would hope they do not remove it. Perhaps a scaling mechanic...but the quest is just too good to go. It could get a FoS similar to the old mounts, if they wanted to keep its "prestige."

But honestly, it's really not challenging enough to warrant that.
    Last edited by Quenden; 2013-07-11 at 09:26 AM.

I don't think Green Fire was ever designed to stay "exclusive" forever. Over time gear/levels will make the encounter trivial so anyone who wants it can just go to the isle solo a few rares get the tome and its theirs.

Main:Paarthurnax | Alt:Peijing | <Huge in Japan> 14/14H US#16
    “Chaos isn’t a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.”
    --Littlefinger

Quote Originally Posted by Wapetufo View Post
    I was just thinking about this. I get the feeling that Blizz wouldn't want something like the green fire being acquired trivially, do you guys think there is a chance of it being removed in the future?
    Never. Warlocks wanted green fire forever, and Blizzard gave it to them - I don't think that there's any chance that they'll remove the possibility of getting it again.

Also, there were some blue posts in which they said that it will be exclusive at first, but will get more common as time passes by.
    Plus, it's already very, very easy to obtain now with 500+ LFR gear, let alone the gear that we will get with the release of SoO.
    Last edited by Pendra; 2013-07-09 at 05:31 PM.

they could always attune the quest to the level of the individual warlock so it does not matter in future expansions whether you've leveled or geared out of it per se.

a different question is whether or not the codex will drop more often or be replaced. I for one have never seen a codex drop for me and the ones on the auction house are way to expensive for me (70,000 gold+)

Green fire is going to be basline in 6.0. Mark my words.
    PvE is a minigame // Rerolled from affly to spriest after 8 years, thx pandaland changes

at a certain point in the future they might as well just make it a minor glyph.

Since the finale of the questline is in a scenario, they could make it scalable.
    I can stand the sight of worms,
    And look at microscopic germs,
    But Technicolor pachyderms,
    Is really too much for me.

Tragic victim of Altitis

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    a different question is whether or not the codex will drop more often or be replaced. I for one have never seen a codex drop for me and the ones on the auction house are way to expensive for me (70,000 gold+)
    Wait...what? Oh how I wish they'd still be so expensive on my realm.

I sold a few during the first week for ~50k, but by now, prices have dropped to about 1k.

I think they will scale it rather than removing it.

Sidenote : i`ve looted 28 of those tomes in my time, first 5 sold for over 60.000 each, now i cant even sell one for 1k :<

They've said multiple times that the "hard" boss stayed "hard" because gear would do the nerfing for them, I sincerely doubt they'll bother scaling the scenario, they don't do it for mounts or legendaries, they're not gona do it for green fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Wapetufo View Post
    No, they'll wapfu it to anyone that wants it. You'll be able to buy the tome in the blizz store, and turn it in to ur trainer and get sum green. The tome will be 20 buck tho. And you'll get 100 free lesser charms with every tome purchase. And 50 valor points. And some gold.
    "1 in 4 Americans are skeptical on climate change...who gives a shit? That doesn't matter. You don't need other people's opinions on a fact. You may as well have a poll asking: Which number is bigger? 5 or 15? Do Owls exist? Are there hats?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rathgar View Post
    I don't think Green Fire was ever designed to stay "exclusive" forever. Over time gear/levels will make the encounter trivial so anyone who wants it can just go to the isle solo a few rares get the tome and its theirs.
    With current gear levels it already IS trivial. I think about ilvl 500 is the turning point and that is EASILY achievable in a couple of days of hitting 90.

Stood in the Fire
    Somewhere, not sure yet, but ill get back to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    With current gear levels it already IS trivial. I think about ilvl 500 is the turning point and that is EASILY achievable in a couple of days of hitting 90.
    Rofl 500 "easily" achievable? I came back 2 weeks ago and I'm still on 497 because nothing drops for me in ToT lfr.

With the reduction in quest experience, my boomkin went from level 85 to 505 ilvl in 2 weeks. I believe it was a weekend of leveling, then (because of work and other obligations) evenings for MV, HoF, Toes, and ToT. Also saving tokens for Oon & Nallak. AND making sure to go in and do the Single "loot" scenario on isle of thunder, and spend as much time looting the first 2-3 rooms as you can, you can easily get 12-15 elder charms in one run, giving you a secondary chance at all the gear in MV-Toes.

2 weeks to get to 505 ilvl is way TOO easy... players shouldn't be handed gear for doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    ilvl 500 is the turning point and that is EASILY achievable in a couple of days of hitting 90.
    So do you have sex with Ghostcrawler to get loot RNG manipulated to your favour?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haphe View Post
    my boomkin went from level 85 to 505 ilvl in 2 weeks.
    My Warrior went from fresh 90 to ilvl 498 since ToT opened, every week full run + 3 bonus rolls.

Pandaren Monk
    I would expect "Ahead of the curve: Kanrethad" or w/e, and have it use the Challenge Mode tech to put you down to 90 with ~500 item level or something next xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    I would expect "Ahead of the curve: Kanrethad" or w/e, and have it use the Challenge Mode tech to put you down to 90 with ~500 item level or something next xpac.
    Why? The quest is already trivial if you have the gear. As stated, anything above ~500 (less if youre good, more if youre not) makes the fight a cakewalk.

Why would green fire be special? Legendaries and entire raids can be acquired/defeated solo, why does green fire 'deserve' to be scaled?

My bet is it becoming baseline for the next expansion.

It won't be removed, too many locks have been asking for green fire. The fight will be a joke in 6.0

Hell, it's already a joke for highly geared players. The only hard part is the felhunter phase, but that is cake for 500+ ilvl.

I just wish warlocks got a title. "_____________ of the Black Harvest" or just an achievement/FoS would be nice.